IGNORED

Scapegoat first eleven .

Major Isewater

I believe there has been a major shift this season in the sense that the "scapegoaters" (as a Bristolian I accept that we are the world's biggest moaners) usually come into their own when the fans believe that the manager and his staff do not know what they are doing. The moaners offload their frustrations about the Club onto certain players under these conditions.

This is almost 90% not the case with the current management team.

So "scapegoating" should be a redundant pastime in my opinion at the present time, given that fans should know by now from all the information comng to us that the players are better trained, more involved in tactics and more likely to run their bollocks off for our Club. Players that do not do the latter now stand out like a sore ........... and are unlikely to get any game time.

1 hour ago, Bs4Red said:

Do you think you “know what you’re watching” 

What makes you think you watch games “properly”

I think I do and there are probably 20 people on here who's opinions I respect as they do too.  I appreciate it sounds arrogant.

I qualify it by knowing that what I see early generally becomes common belief.  Few examples are I was saying Magnussen was overrated when he had played 10/12 games, Joe Bryan was a Premier League quality left back of the future a few years ago and Korey Smith was a vital player for us.

I get some wrong as well and readily admit and am open about it. Reid for example.

However, I do honestly think a lot of people dont watch games properly, especially games on TV.  

This post will be jumped on by people on here would dont like me!

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

I think I do and there are probably 20 people on here who's opinions I respect as they do too.  I appreciate it sounds arrogant.

I qualify it by knowing that what I see early generally becomes common belief.  Few examples are I was saying Magnussen was overrated when he had played 10/12 games, Joe Bryan was a Premier League quality left back of the future a few years ago and Korey Smith was a vital player for us.

I get some wrong as well and readily admit and am open about it. Reid for example.

However, I do honestly think a lot of people dont watch games properly, especially games on TV.  

I was only curious, I understand your point: I think there are people who watch city and people that watch football if that makes sense. Lots of opinions are blurred by love of City. 

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

I agree. It’s pretty obvious who knows their stuff and who doesn’t. 

Archived