IGNORED

Come on Villa...

Son of Fred

2 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

And if we win our next 2 we could be just 2 points off automatic. What a fantastic league this is.

Yep, said as much above!

It's getting tighter up the top now and there will be plenty of twists and turns between now and May. Anything could happen.

All the cliches..

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve said for a good while that we won’t fall away, and I’m gonna stick with that.  Our poor form is gonna end tomorrow.  I think we’ll be outplayed at times tomorrow but find some inner strength to get us the 3 points.

It would be just like City to go and win the next two games after the last two games.

Everything is crossed.

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

The reaction to the last couple of games has been embarassing. Let’s hope the players have more backbone than some of our fans. 

I do agree with you mate, but the fragile capitulations vs Sunlan and Leeds were so frustrating....after our overall form this season most fans I know thought that throwing away big leads like last season (eg Derby, Toon, Reading) were firmly consigned to the past...obviously not...

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I do agree with you mate, but the fragile capitulations vs Sunlan and Leeds were so frustrating....after our overall form this season most fans I know thought that throwing away big leads like last season (eg Derby, Toon, Reading) were firmly consigned to the past...obviously not...

Very frustrating indeed mucker, but that’s football. It’s not perfect. It’s not science.

But this is when we need to stand up and be counted and not have a tantrum in the corner about it. Form comes, form goes, and we won’t win em all. 

There will be more ups and downs throughout - 42 points left to play for, and people having a hissy fit saying it’s all over bar the shouting when we’ve not even dropped out of the playoffs! 

12 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

The reaction to the last couple of games has been embarassing. Let’s hope the players have more backbone than some of our fans. 

Or, more backbone than they themselves have had in the previous two games after half time.....

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Teams lining up behind us. Not great.

Comes with the territory. 

It's a position we've not been in for 10 years. Apart from our promotion season where we just smashed it.

These players and this management team are learning to deal with the pressure, most for the first time.

Let's hope they can learn quickly....they've proved before they can deal with the pressure, just need to re-discover it.

22 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Very frustrating indeed mucker, but that’s football. It’s not perfect. It’s not science.

But this is when we need to stand up and be counted and not have a tantrum in the corner about it. Form comes, form goes, and we won’t win em all. 

There will be more ups and downs throughout - 42 points left to play for, and people having a hissy fit saying it’s all over bar the shouting when we’ve not even dropped out of the playoffs! 

You’re spot on Chief....as I think I said in a previous post somewhere on here...we turn up at games knowing full well that all three results are entirely possible in every match....we could draw 10 in a row just as easily as we could win 5 and lose 5 - the championship really is a brill division in which to be!

Archived