IGNORED

Johnson calling upon fans

RedNight

I think this says a lot about our recent support/ atmosphere of late.

We've been upmongst the play offs all year and have had a cup run beyond anyone's imaginations. Yet our manager has to come out and get the fans up for it.

Im actually hoping the last couple of results will make fans realise we're in a fight here and nothing's garunteed. I think lately we've been turning up and expecting wins. Which is a credit to the players that our expectations are so high. 

Everyone knows what a big game tomorrow is and Ashton Gate under the lights is an unbelievable place when it wants to be! Hoping for a massive atmosphere tomorrow. The fact that everyone knows it's a tough game will hopefully help the atmosphere! 

Lets do our best guys!! Get behind the boys! 

Youu reds.

( @James_ , are the flags going to be out in S82) looks class and often sets the tone)

Win, lose or draw, we have 14 “cup finals” left now to secure a top 6 place. 

It wont be easy and we face some tough competition from those around us, but we’ve don’t very well to be where we are and it’s in our hands. The crowd need to forget the complacency of the last couple of Home games and realise that they have a massive part to play. 

Is everyone ready for the run in..? Bring it on..! 

28 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's generally been quite poor in the League since start of 2018 IMO. With the exception of post the red card v QPR.

Do you think its because of all the fans who bought 1/2 season tickets for the cup games? There to watch a game of football rather than support City with noise / singing etc? 

I sat in the upper Lansdown for the Sunderland game and saw lots of shiny new City merch being worn but zero singing, clapping or general noise being made. It was a bit shit if I'm honest!

1 minute ago, BCFCinNW6 said:

Do you think its because of all the fans who bought 1/2 season tickets for the cup games? There to watch a game of football rather than support City with noise / singing etc? 

I sat in the upper Lansdown for the Sunderland game and saw lots of shiny new City merch being worn but zero singing, clapping or general noise being made. It was a bit shit if I'm honest!

I’ll get flamed for this but I think it’s because we’ve become very entitled as a fan base. The whole ‘come on Lansdown, get the cheque book out’ mentality, like we’re owed something. 

We’ve not been out of the top six all season pretty much and there’s fans going into absolute meltdown because we’ve drawn a couple of games FFS. 

10 minutes ago, BCFCinNW6 said:

You aren’t going to get much atmosphere up in that area. It’s full of floating fans and late buyers, rather than your “hard core”. Great view though! 

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I’ll get flamed for this but I think it’s because we’ve become very entitled as a fan base. The whole ‘come on Lansdown, get the cheque book out’ mentality, like we’re owed something. 

We’ve not been out of the top six all season pretty much and there’s fans going into absolute meltdown because we’ve drawn a couple of games FFS. 

Couldn't agree more. Not sure who we think we are at times!

19 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

‘Drawn a couple of games’!! From positions like 3-0 & 2-0 up.......think most are just going through the motions of seeing out the season and not achieving a play off place. Which on current form is fact!!

14 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You aren’t going to get much atmosphere up in that area. It’s full of floating fans and late buyers, rather than your “hard core”. Great view though! 

And the friends who bought me the ticket are definitely floaters - you're not wrong :)

I just wanna be amongst the hard core  If I'm not singing I might as well not be there

4 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

‘Drawn a couple of games’!! From positions like 3-0 & 2-0 up.......think most are just going through the motions of seeing out the season and not achieving a play off place. Which on current form is fact!!

Luckily, the only ‘form’ that matters is over 46 games, not a very small patch in a wider season. And the season doesn’t end in a mid February unless you live in Swindon  

Even taking your point, what’s the excuse for a ******* awful atmosphere when 3-0 up at home? There isn’t one. 

32 minutes ago, BCFCinNW6 said:

Upper Lansdown just won't be a noisy area....it's a losing battle. I would say the Lansdown in general quite possibly won't have an atmosphere, but absolutely not the Upper Lansdown.

I know a few though who definitely are NOT floating who got the bug again and got half S/Ts...but they have supported a while, not all are floating fans but a fair few are I am sure.,

Gotta say too, I agree with some posters about a certain sense of entitlement...'We've been great in the League, PLUS the Cup run, beat Man U and almost drew at Man City in particular- now let's smash Norwich.' That for me was an absolute prime example...and football isn't like that unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Luckily, the only ‘form’ that matters is over 46 games, not a very small patch in a wider season. 

Even taking your point, what’s the excuse for a ******* awful atmosphere when 3-0 up at home? There isn’t one. 

This is what surprised me, back in the darker days of last season we were told that "the fans will sing if the players give them something to sing about". Yet time and again this season that has been proved to not be the case. The crowd only really sang when they started panicking at 3-2. 

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Luckily, the only ‘form’ that matters is over 46 games, not a very small patch in a wider season. And the season doesn’t end in a mid February unless you live in Swindon  

Our fans always have an excuse for the atmosphere being crap.

During the promotion season it was "you can't make an atmosphere in the Atyeo" didn't stop the 300-400 Chesterfield fans that season, or the 50-100 Fleetwood fans last year.

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

This is what surprised me, back in the darker days of last season we were told that "the fans will sing if the players give them something to sing about". Yet time and again this season that has been proved to not be the case. The crowd only really sang when they started panicking at 3-2. 

It was pathetically crap.

3-0 up, best season in a decade, woeful support. Let’s be honest - if it was any other team we’d be tearing them to shreds.

Imagine if we were the away side down 3-0 in half an hour or whatever it was and it had all the atmosphere of a morgue. 

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Our fans always have an excuse for the atmosphere being crap.

During the promotion season it was "you can't make an atmosphere in the Atyeo" didn't stop the 300-400 Chesterfield fans that season, or the 50-100 Fleetwood fans last year.

It honestly feels like people just turn up, wait for the three points they expect so they can go home again (then come on here to have a meltdown if it doesn’t happen)

You’d not think it was a competitive sport, 11 v 11 who all want the same thing. One of the most competitive leagues in world football and we of all clubs seem to expect to just turn up and win every game - which is even more bizarre given two straight relegation scraps. 

Bit of a ramble but bottom line is - best season in a decade and we can’t even muster up a little atmosphere when 3-0 up at home. Pathetic. 

That’s not what being a ‘supporter’ is, to me at least. 

We seen on Sunday how an atmosphere can change a game. After the ironic cheers of course but all four stands were behind Leeds and we seemed to crumble very soon after. Before being in complete control!

It’s the little and fine things in football that can earn you points. 

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It honestly feels like people just turn up, wait for the three points they expect so they can go home again (then come on here to have a meltdown if it doesn’t happen)

You’d not think it was a competitive sport, 11 v 11 who all want the same thing. One of the most competitive leagues in world football and we of all clubs seem to expect to just turn up and win every game - which is even more bizarre given two straight relegation scraps. 

Bit of a ramble but bottom line is - best season in a decade and we can’t even muster up a little atmosphere when 3-0 up at home. Pathetic. 

That’s not what being a ‘supporter’ is, to me at least. 

Might be nostalgia on my part with it being my childhood, but I'm sure under Wilson if we conceded there would be a rousing "come on you reds". Nowadays when that happens it's like someone puts the entire crowd on mute

3 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Haven't heard this "acoustics" excuse in a while. Can someone help me out.

Honestly think that if S82 was at the back of the South Stand the noise would reverberate off the roof and sound louder, most of S82 is near the centre of the corner in front of the Heineken bit.

Not making excuses, just saying like.

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Might be nostalgia on my part with it being my childhood, but I'm sure under Wilson if we conceded there would be a rousing "come on you reds". Nowadays when that happens it's like someone puts the entire crowd on mute

My memory isn’t that good but during 07/08 - when we were over achieving to the same degree we are now, every game felt like the Man U game. 

Maybe it’s the nostalgia specs but the Sunderland game was absolutely piss poor and really emphasised the increasing apathy  

27 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Perhaps LJ should have a word with Storrie if he wants an atmosphere.

Couldn't agree more. As I've said on numerous occasions as well as many many others on here, if the club wants this atmosphere then they need to buy into the fans that are trying to achieve this. This includes working with the more voiciferous of our support - not putting robocops to intimidate in there would be a good bloody start - and also paying attention to things like lights.  We need to start working together as a club and supporters it's far too fractious as I see it at the moment. 

It’s taken a dip in the last few games but I think the atmosphere has been pretty good in the most part this season. I remember shouting myself hoarse v Burton during the 0-0 for example and thinking what great support we were getting. Norwich and Sunderland were strangely flat though and I don’t know why.

As LJ says it clearly makes a huge difference when the place is bouncing. Hopefully tomorrow will be more like early season and we can do our little bit to make a difference. 

COYR

Archived