10 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

433 surely. 

Fielding

Wright flint Baker mags

Smith

Brownhill Reid 

Kent.                     Paterson

Diedhiou

I'm thinking otherwise 532 like wolves at home with mags left wing back. But can't think who plays alongside smith in middle with Brownhill wing back. Strange one. 

Eh? Surely it’s just 4-4-2 with Paterson and Kent on the wings. No?

4 minutes ago, winsaw said:

:laugh: Bryan defending as been really poor the last two months, not having him in the team tighten things up a lot, 

Defensively sounder than Kent and Patto, but I would of dropped Bryan today still so we maintain that attacking edge.

4 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

Sorry. This has been done to death I know.

Why didn't we sign a RB. And why is Kent playing. 

Anyway, that's all I will say on that for tonight....

C.       O.       Y.      R.       

I personally believe the club thought Pisano would be back sooner, and to be fair Wright has done okay. Not sure another RB could of came straight in and been as solid as Wright. 

Kent is our biggest threat going forward, he’s the most creative and yes looses the ball or miss passes 3 times out of 4, but he’s such a threat to opposition. 

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

We can't press for 90 minutes anyway now. That's why we are awful for the last half hour of games. We need to find another way of playing. Press at times and don't at others so we have plenty in the tank for the whole 90. No other club in this league chases like we do at every opportunity, maybe because realistically it won't work. Who knows, we will have to see. But I'd be amazed if 442 with Kent and Pato on the wings will work against any half decent championship team, let alone fulham. Only way to play another system is to play Reid deeper. Unless we go 352, but then who plays alongside Korey in that system?

Swap Kent with O'Dowda and Bryan with Magnússon and you have the team that started the season so well in that exact 4-4-2

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yes agree. Great side that fits the system. But we haven't got the players to fit a 442. If we do play that and it works then Johnson is a genius. How can we have 2 poor defensive wingers in a 442 against a team that keep the ball like fulham. And also when Magnússon has only ever played full back with bryan acting like a wing back in front of him. The only thing for certain is fulham will get plenty of chances if we're that open. 

So 90% of the players are the same, but we don't have the players for it? Bit contradictory.

Decent co-commentator on RB tonight, our Gary Owers.  At least we get told as it is with him,  is he still at Torquay?  Anyway, I think it will be tough tonight to get anything, especially with Joe not starting. just hope they can up their game and snatch it by the odd goal.  COYR's

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well LJ has picked the team and all I will say is even a point will feel like a win.

A point tonight would be a good point. Given the choice, I’d rather it be a rescued point, rather that Fulham pegging is back. 

Archived