IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Fulham FC Match Day Thread 33

Septic Peg

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Think the Blades will turn over Hull on Friday night and we will be outside of the top 6 for the first time since late October. Might be sometime, if ever, we get back in.

Or we could be back there by Sunday..! 

2 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Kent is a show pony for me. Neither one thing nor the other. Very poor in the tackle and lightweight in general play. Most of what he does comes to absolutely nothing.

He was very good tonight and will only get better.

The Fulham defence were scared stiff every time he attacked them .

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Or it might act as a spur for the Cardiff game.

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Or we could be back there by Sunday..! 

I think this City team, to their credit, never let their heads drop. Sadly a long hard season is showing us up as probably not quite good enough. But, no complaints.

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Think the Blades will turn over Hull on Friday night and we will be outside of the top 6 for the first time since late October. Might be sometime, if ever, we get back in.

and does that really matter? Would expect Sheff Utd to win.

So we drop out of the play offs so what? Beat Cardiff and game back on yes?

Well i’m sure some will be happy tonight, not me i’m afraid.

Not for the first time in recent weeks LJ has got it wrong tonight.

Firstly his selection of Paterson beggared belief but to keep him on for 90 minutes was a joke, he was truly dreadful and Kent was hardly any better. I felt sorry for Diedhiou he never had one decent cross to attack all night, neither managed to beat an opponent all game, Kent put in maybe 3 crosses none of them were balls that could be attacked but Paterson was worse he managed to hit the first defender every time, I will get back to Kent later.

I am not a huge Magnússon fan and I don’t know if he was injured when he was taken off but to me he looked mortified and with good reason because he played well and at least contributed to our game unlike our 2 misfiring wide men.

Back to Kent I don't get the love in with him and I must say that I find his signing a total and utter vanity signing, whose vanity I am not sure SL, MA or LJ you choose, why are we trying to improve a Liverpool winger who has done little or nothing so far in his senior career at the cost especially of Eliasson, I suspect he must be well and truly pissed off and miserable with his time here so far.

9 starting players were terrific and the effort was outstanding and overall I thought probably deserved a little more, but LJ you got it wrong again tonight IMHO.

2 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Being undefeated means nothing, unless you're winning. Would rather win 3 and lose 3 over 6 games, than draw 4, win 1 and lose 1. 

Points are what count now, nothing else. 

Really? You’d prefer 9 points compared to 7..? 

Have you ever thought of going into football management yourself..?! 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Really? You’d prefer 9 points compared to 7..? 

Have you ever thought of going into football management yourself..?! 

WTF are you on about? You're the one celebrating the fact that we've lost one in 6, as opposed to looking at the fact that we've only won once in the last 12 games (all comps). 

Your reply to my original post wasn't thought through quite as well as you think. 

8 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Firstly his selection of Paterson beggared belief but to keep him on for 90 minutes was a joke, he was truly dreadful and Kent was hardly any better. I felt sorry for Diedhiou he never had one decent cross to attack all night, neither managed to beat an opponent all game, Kent put in maybe 3 crosses none of them were balls that could be attacked but Paterson was worse he managed to hit the first defender every time, I will get back to Kent later.

I am not a huge Magnússon fan and I don’t know if he was injured when he was taken off but to me he looked mortified and with good reason because he played well and at least contributed to our game unlike our 2 misfiring wide men.

Back to Kent I don't get the love in with him and I must say that I find his signing a total and utter vanity signing, whose vanity I am not sure SL, MA or LJ you choose, why are we trying to improve a Liverpool winger who has done little or nothing so far in his senior career at the cost especially of Eliasson, I suspect he must be well and truly pissed off and miserable with his time here so far.

9 starting players were terrific and the effort was outstanding and overall I thought probably deserved a little more, but LJ you got it wrong again tonight IMHO.

Pato I agree is out a form, and did not do much tonight at all. I hope when Pack is back he is the one who has a bit of a rest, but seems to be a real LJ favoriate.

Kent is a player who is going to divide opinion. Has pace, is prepared to take players on, and I thought got some cracking crosses in. Equally, makes the wrong decision too many times. I think he might be a bit like Freeman - nice to watch, you think is one of the players who can make something happen, but at the end of a season you realise it was very little. Seems to be on an upward curve, so would persist for a few more games.

Felt sorry for Mags tonight. Would have brought Bryan on in midfield, but overall I thought a pretty good effort tonight.

6 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

You’ve got to be kidding me. Thought it was tactically spot on tonight. 40% of the ball and coming away disappointed with a point and you’re moaning?! 

Presumably you’ve completely forgotten about the cross Kent dropped right into Fam’s head on the penalty spot that he wasted. And he put multiple good balls in from corners and the wide area. 

What Kent and Paterson gave us (and the reason they were picked) was that they pressed relentlessly in the final third and stopped them playing out. They hardly had the ball out of their own half in the second half!

I can see why Kent divides opinions.

I like the way he always provides an outlet, often is the player we turn to to get the ball up the pitch, even if it's for territory and he has a good set piece.

But for all the hard work, and he does work hard, nothing is coming off for him. 9 times out of 10 he ran into a wall or tried one trick too many that didn't come off. He always looks for a least one cut back before he'll get a ball in.

That makes him very frustrating to watch at times right now, but he is improving, for me.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well I;m happy with that result and performance.

The best result this year. Seems to me your looking for perfection.

For ***** sake best season since the 70s

13 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

WTF are you on about? You're the one celebrating the fact that we've lost one in 6, as opposed to looking at the fact that we've only won once in the last 12 games (all comps). 

Your reply to my original post wasn't thought through quite as well as you think. 

I’m not celebrating it, i’m stating facts. 

You can look at your facts in your way and I’ll look and mine in my way.

The results aren’t going to change now, so we either see we’ve been through a tough spell and are currently still in the top 6 and not losing many games at the moment, or spiral into a pit of gloom, believing we are incapable of winning any more games at this level. 

After a decent point, against the divisions form team, I believe my outlook is slightly more balanced than yours, If that’s ok with you..?! 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

You’ve got to be kidding me. Thought it was tactically spot on tonight. 40% of the ball and coming away disappointed with a point and you’re moaning?! 

Presumably you’ve completely forgotten about the cross Kent dropped right into Fam’s head on the penalty spot that he wasted. And he put multiple good balls in from corners and the wide area. 

What Kent and Paterson gave us (and the reason they were picked) was that they pressed relentlessly in the final third and stopped them playing out. They hardly had the ball out of their own half in the second half!

I am moaning because 2 players were awful and one should have been replaced at half time and the other shortly after they were awful.

The cross was behind him FFS but I do remember the beauty that he hit straight at the keeper when he had plenty of time to pick somebody out.

You are easily pleased that's all I can say, Paterson cost us the goal for a start.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I am moaning because 2 players were awful and one should have been replaced at half time and the other shortly after they were awful.

The cross was behind him FFS but I do remember the beauty that he hit straight at the keeper when he had plenty of time to pick somebody out.

You are easily pleased that's all I can say, Paterson cost us the goal for a start.

They weren’t awful at all though. 

They were part of a team that put in a fantastic team performance. 

Kent won us countless corners and throw ins in attacking positions because of his energy and willingness to run at a man. He delivered multiple balls of good quality into dangerous areas and he was relentless in his pressing. Oh and that’s before we consider that he very nearly set up a winning goal. 

He makes mistakes - like all players at this level do - but you seem to have marked his card for continued criticism. 

Flint made a considerable number of individual errors today but Kent again the one you point fingers at just like after Leeds where he was no worse than anyone else. 

7 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I think it's a little harsh to say Paterson cost us the goal.

Yes he stood off him, but I bet you the pre-match tactic was to get Christie on his left foot, which is what Pato did, only for him to scuff in a pretty dodgy outside of the right boot cross, which in my opinion should not have got passed two, if not three CB's to reach the far post. I'd like to see it again and how Pato ended up LB too to be honest...

Archived