IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Fulham FC Match Day Thread 33

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Fulham were there for the taking tonight in my opinion. 2 points dropped. Sheff Utd win their game in hand and we drop out of the playoffs.

But if we drop out at this stage so what?

If were good enough Cheese wele be there at the end. Do them Sunday and everybody will be overjoyed!!!!

For some reason I think wele do em Sunday. 2.0 to the reds!!!!

5 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I am moaning because 2 players were awful and one should have been replaced at half time and the other shortly after they were awful.

The cross was behind him FFS but I do remember the beauty that he hit straight at the keeper when he had plenty of time to pick somebody out.

You are easily pleased that's all I can say, Paterson cost us the goal for a start.

I think awful is harsh. I thought we controlled the game in most parts but lacked that cutting edge. Think we’re still short of a quality forward but that’s another debate.

Pato was at fault for goal granted, no idea why he was showing him on the inside. Surely the basics of defending is you show him out wide?

Overall though I thought we played well. 

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I think it's a little harsh to say Paterson cost us the goal.

Yes he stood off him, but I bet you the pre-match tactic was to get Christie on his left foot, which is what Pato did, only for him to scuff in a pretty dodgy outside of the right boot cross, which in my opinion should not have got passed two, if not three CB's to reach the far post. I'd like to see it again and how Pato ended up LB too to be honest...

You don’t show a player to come inside, at any level.

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

They weren’t awful at all though. 

They were part of a team that put in a fantastic team performance. 

Kent won us countless corners and throw ins in attacking positions because of his energy and willingness to run at a man. He delivered multiple balls of good quality into dangerous areas and he was relentless in his pressing. Oh and that’s before we consider that he very nearly set up a winning goal. 

He makes mistakes - like all players at this level do - but you seem to have marked his card for continued criticism. 

Flint made a considerable number of individual errors today but Kent again the one you point fingers at just like after Leeds where he was no worse than anyone else. 

Your opinion mine was they were awful.

9 of them did.

2 crosses in the first half both going to defenders, 2 in the second half one behind Diedhiou and the other in a great position straight at their keeper.

I have marked his card because I cannot get my head around the wisdom of signing a player who has accomplished nothing at senior level and giving him game time to try to improve him for Liverpool, at the expense of one of our players.

Well I and a majority of posters don't agree, but hey i'm sure you are right.

5 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I think awful is harsh. I thought we controlled the game in most parts but lacked that cutting edge. Think we’re still short of a quality forward but that’s another debate.

Pato was at fault for goal granted, no idea why he was showing him on the inside. Surely the basics of defending is you show him out wide?

Overall though I thought we played well. 

Lew read what I wrote please, I said the performance was good, I am saying 2 players were awful, that is totally different.

Very happy with that point, well done lads.

Really pissed off that Cardiff seem to be beating everyone at the moment.  Can't stand the thought of that joke club in the top tier again.  Where's my axe?  Time to chop off Warnock's head and slay the beast once and for all.

Coming off the back of the last two results I thought it was a really enjoyable game. Fulham looked very calm and passed the ball well from the off but we didn't give in and played some excellent football at times - and for most of the game we looked the better team. Could've been so different if the last two games had effect their confidence but it hasn't and it feels like we're getting back on track.

22 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I can see why Kent divides opinions.

I like the way he always provides an outlet, often is the player we turn to to get the ball up the pitch, even if it's for territory and he has a good set piece.

But for all the hard work, and he does work hard, nothing is coming off for him. 9 times out of 10 he ran into a wall or tried one trick too many that didn't come off. He always looks for a least one cut back before he'll get a ball in.

That makes him very frustrating to watch at times right now, but he is improving, for me.

I thought his corners were very good tonight

4 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Very happy with that point, well done lads.

Really pissed off that Cardiff seem to be beating everyone at the moment.  Can't stand the thought of that joke club in the top tier again.  Where's my axe?  Time to chop off Warnock's head and slay the beast once and for all.

You love him really.

Looking at some of the comments on here about Kent I don't know what game some where watching,

Yet again he and bobby where our main attacking threats, I would say 80% of everything good we did going forward he was involved in,

He works so hard never gives the defence a minute rest, so many good crosses tonight as well that our forward should really have made more of,

14 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Your opinion mine was they were awful.

9 of them did.

2 crosses in the first half both going to defenders, 2 in the second half one behind Diedhiou and the other in a great position straight at their keeper.

I have marked his card because I cannot get my head around the wisdom of signing a player who has accomplished nothing at senior level and giving him game time to try to improve him for Liverpool, at the expense of one of our players.

Well I and a majority of posters don't agree, but hey i'm sure you are right.

I respect your right to a differing opinion.

I’m just very surprised that you can call two players ‘awful’ in any seriousness, having just put in an absolutely massive shift against a team absolutely packed with better quality players than own, and were probably unfortunate to come away only with a point.

RK is trying too hard but we looked a better side with him on the pitch tonight than when he wasn’t. You mention the players he’s come in to the detriment of...well I’m sorry but if you can see absolutely anything at all in what Eliasson offered when on the pitch then you see something I don’t, he didn’t press, didn’t track and didn’t offer a thing offensively. 

10 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Looking at some of the comments on here about Kent I don't know what game some where watching,

Yet again he and bobby where our main attacking threats, I would say 80% of everything good we did going forward he was involved in,

He works so hard never gives the defence a minute rest, so many good crosses tonight as well that our forward should really have made more of,

I’ve watched Kent closely in the last few games. I think he adds little to the team. Sure he’s quick, but there is little positive output. On the ball too long at times, although slightly improved tonight. He has a tendency to cut inside and get tackled. His passing isn’t that good either. Personally I think he takes away more than he adds.

At times he reminds me of an U10 player, by running alongside the ball carrier with his arm in the air saying “pass to me”. He did that a few times in the first half, when he could have sprinted for a through ball or stretched the defence out.

12 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I respect your right to a differing opinion.

I’m just very surprised that you can call two players ‘awful’ in any seriousness, having just put in an absolutely massive shift against a team absolutely packed with better quality players than own, and were probably unfortunate to come away only with a point.

RK is trying too hard but we looked a better side with him on the pitch tonight than when he wasn’t. You mention the players he’s come in to the detriment of...well I’m sorry but if you can see absolutely anything at all in what Eliasson offered when on the pitch then you see something I don’t, he didn’t press, didn’t track and didn’t offer a thing offensively. 

Top man.

Even at 3/4 of the way through the season I believe tonight's result (and battling performance) will define our season.

The confidence must be on the up again. Fulham were so called smash us again, the form team in the division.

Bring on Cardiff,am very rarely confident on city results but 2/0 over there is what I fancy!!!!!

26 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

You love him really.

Another classy goal for Cardiff tonight. Bloke falls over, shields it with his hands an bundles it in.

Yes, you're getting results  but do you know what...

WE ARE A F UVKING GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM, blue dread or whoever the fock you are. We are due a good win, and guess who is going to kop it?

I'll give you a clue; They are managed by an old bloke that looks like someone in drag, who has shaved off his own eyebrows...

Got it?

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Another classy goal for Cardiff tonight. Bloke falls over, shields it with his hands an bundles it in.

WE ARE A F UVKING GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM, blue dread or whoever the fock you are. We are due a good win, and guess who is going to kop it?

I'll give you a clue; They are managed by an old bloke that looks like someone in drag, who has shaved off his own eyebrows...

Got it?

******* hell mate, where did you learn to speak? 

57 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I can see why Kent divides opinions.

I like the way he always provides an outlet, often is the player we turn to to get the ball up the pitch, even if it's for territory and he has a good set piece.

But for all the hard work, and he does work hard, nothing is coming off for him. 9 times out of 10 he ran into a wall or tried one trick too many that didn't come off. He always looks for a least one cut back before he'll get a ball in.

That makes him very frustrating to watch at times right now, but he is improving, for me.

I was in agreement with you until your last sentence.  Sorry but I haven’t seen any improvement and I thought tonight was his poorest game.  Far too easy to dispossess and no end product.

4 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Got it?

Well done on being a good football team.

And well done on being a good boy at school today too! Ya little rascal

6 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Got it?

Don't rise to the ****. he's just takin the piss.

Renew after Sunday. Or not:blink:

5 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

******* hell mate, where did you learn to speak? 

Difficult to knock really what Cardiff are doing. Got to be honest, thought they would fall away, but they are grinding out results. Got to be favoriates now, and a great set of results for them tonight. Difference between them and us I suspect is they have had many fewer dropped points against bottom half teams.

Nice gap they have, be a shame if anything was to happen to it...

Archived