IGNORED

Diedhiou

Red Army 75

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Heh? You are seriously comparing goals per game ratios at this level between a guy who’s played nearly 200 championship games vs a guy who’s played less than 20?!

Presumably you think Sam Allardyce is the most successful England manager ever with his 100% win record?!!

Allardyce is a cock :P

Famara, Reid and Odowda. There we got really class players. Odowda is really missing. Also think FF is very good, he saves lots of points for us, its easy to forget how many really good saves he have done this season. His kicking is talking about most of the time, never mind for me. His job is to stop the ball going into net. Villas and Leeds gk? Maybe they are good kicking the ball, he he.

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think because of our club’s history a lot of Bristol City fans are somewhat ‘easily pleased’ - myself included. Diedhiou is a striker who cost around £5m was it? And I think he IS a £5m striker, but at this level, £5m gets you a physically strong forward, who puts himself about and tries his heart out while scoring a few goals...so we have got what we paid for in my opinion.

But I can’t forget the (at least) two occasions last night when Fammy was on the ball under no pressure and just wellied the ball at Ryan Kent’s throat...no composure.

I like Fammy, he gives everything, has settled quite quickly, has scored some goals and gives us a physical presence up front that we needed badly.

But you get what you pay for....we’ve got a £5m striker, with all the limitations which that entails in the modern world of crazy transfer fees.

Some descriptions of his performances (“superb” etc) are a bit off the mark in my opinion....

Agree, Absolutely,

Something interesting about Fammy vs Fulham from completing my work. 

Fammy had 25 touches and not a single one inside the box, for all his hard work he didn’t get into the position to score during the game. 

Take from it what you want but I find that quite interesting especially when you’re playing with 1 up top 

3 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

Something interesting about Fammy vs Fulham from completing my work. 

Fammy had 25 touches and not a single one inside the box, for all his hard work he didn’t get into the position to score during the game. 

Take from it what you want but I find that quite interesting especially when you’re playing with 1 up top 

That is a very interesting stat, if true. I mentioned early, that in my view, I thought that was still his best game for us. But the game, while I thought a cracking match, actually had very few chances as such 

On 21/02/2018 at 21:58, Esmond Million's Bung said:

If only we had a couple of wide men who could beat defenders and deliver crosses for him to attack?.

My only critism of him is that he sits on the back post and never gets in front of the defender or attacks the ball at the front post.

Often we get crosses in that get defended when he could attack instead of trying to let it come to him.

2 hours ago, spudski said:

My only critism of him is that he sits on the back post and never gets in front of the defender or attacks the ball at the front post.

Often we get crosses in that get defended when he could attack instead of trying to let it come to him.

Ummm, i’m sorry but you are forgetting his goal against QPR,  which was a great finish at the near post with the corner actually going behind him.

I came on here straight after the game today, walking back to my car and I was so livid I was about to post the sort of negative rant we're now accustomed to after any game we don't win...

However, that was raw emotion, and I've reflected now. I would say that's one of the worst games of football I've ever seen in my life, not just from us, but Cardiff as well. It wasn't enjoyable, at all.

All I really want to say now is that Diedhiou won a lot, he battled, and I thought he did well against a tough backline. You could see Flint visibly getting frustrated with Diony not being on the end of Diedhiou's flicks. For me Diedhiou was the one positive today, the only one.

Well done Famara, everyone else, forget it, on to the next one.

6 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

I came on here straight after the game today, walking back to my car and I was so livid I was about to post the sort of negative rant we're now accustomed to after any game we don't win...

However, that was raw emotion, and I've reflected now. I would say that's one of the worst games of football I've ever seen in my life, not just from us, but Cardiff as well. It wasn't enjoyable, at all.

All I really want to say now is that Diedhiou won a lot, he battled, and I thought he did well against a tough backline. You could see Flint visibly getting frustrated with Diony not being on the end of Diedhiou's flicks. For me Diedhiou was the one positive today, the only one.

I agree that he battled, and was given a really tough time. BUT, he really needs to improve his control when the ball does come to him on the ground, and not let it bounce off him. It is so frustrating when we get things right for once, get it to him and he can't take it.

13 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Listened to it on 5-Live. They were slating everything!

losing the will to live was stated once or twice too. 

Basically i thought it would be a horrendous game. Colin doesnt know jow to produce anything else!

Well done @Coxy27 for such a calm and reasoned reaction in the circumstances.

It was actually a poor game by Diedhiou's recent standards but I saw it the same as you - frustrating but you have to wonder what some were expecting, him to control a 25 yard hoof, turn on a sixpence away from their two units at the back, and pop it in the corner (oh, and all from 35 yards, which was where we were playing up to).

No Diedhiou wasn't good today but it seems to be a feature of life nowadays (Left or right, Brexit or Remain, Gold or Haze) that people have to always form a conclusion and a definifive one at that, as if variability or middle ground doesn't exist.

Diony was poor today, Diedhiou wasn't very good today either. Both can be better players, we know Famara can be, we hope Diony might be (though I'm beginning to wonder).

Measured reactions are much more useful than definitive ones. Everything does not need to be brilliant or a write-off every time. 

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

Well done @Coxy27 for such a calm and reasoned reaction in the circumstances.

It was actually a poor game by Diedhiou's recent standards but I saw it the same as you - frustrating but you have to wonder what some were expecting, him to control a 25 yard hoof, turn on a sixpence away from their two units at the back, and pop it in the corner (oh, and all from 35 yards, which was where we were playing up to).

No Diedhiou wasn't good today but it seems to be a feature of life nowadays (Left or right, Brexit or Remain, Gold or Haze) that people have to always form a conclusion and a definifive one at that, as if variability or middle ground doesn't exist.

Diony was poor today, Diedhiou wasn't very good today either. Both can be better players, we know Famara can be, we hope Diony might be (though I'm beginning to wonder).

Measured reactions are much more useful than definitive ones. Everything does not need to be brilliant or a write-off every time. 

Diedhiou was taken off because he felt he knee again. The same injury that kept him out for months. Big worry if he's out again with Djuric not yet ready.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Diedhiou was taken off because he felt he knee again. The same injury that kept him out for months. Big worry if he's out again with Djuric not yet ready.

Didn’t know that he was actually injured but he looked absolutely shattered, this was quite possibly the worst game of football i’ve ever seen taking into consideration that this was two top six teams

Archived