IGNORED

The megaphone

Stortz

2 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Is it allowed to have your arms folded and enjoy the noise and new chants and methods of creating an atmosphere, whilst not singing along?  Cos I'm part of that group.

Ffs. Now you tell me. Ok, so there's three groups, the two already documented, plus Rog's arms-folded-like-the-new-noise-but-not-joining-in group. Anyone else?

14 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Ffs. Now you tell me. Ok, so there's three groups, the two already documented, plus Rog's arms-folded-like-the-new-noise-but-not-joining-in group. Anyone else?

I've got a feeling I might actually be Rog.

But is there another group of new noise liking arm folders who, whilst mostly maintaining a steely silence swear about 6 times during the game - ffs - and, completely out of the blue, suddenly let out a guttural 'GO ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN' about half a dozen times when we seem to be on the attack . Still with arms folded?

And only join in with the 'CITY' at the end of Ole Ole Ole Bristol CITY? :dunno:

4 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

I think we have two disparate groups within the AG crowd on this:

1. That is open to new ideas and broadly speaking anything that might create a noisier ground, and more support and encouragement for the team. Basically, this lot will be enthusiastic, given a chance. And the other lot, group

2. An arms-folded, slightly sour looking, quick-to-anger-slow-to-praise, very definitely uneasy with songs and supporting that might look remotely enthusiastic (or involve being, and therefore, looking, enthusiastic). Enthusiasm to this group is anathema.  They will consider new things like megaphones as un-Anglo Saxon, and a little too swarthy and Mediterranean/continental/foreign. And not what atmosphere was like in 1978, or 1984, so therefore "cringeworthy." And a bit too "Crystal Palace."

Group 1 will sing the anti-Rovers stuff (it's better than silence) but really want to be backing the players (even at times when they are struggling), while Group 2 will back the players (when they are winning/delivering) but are most comfortable with anti-Rovers songs or chants, or anti-anyone songs/chants that involve calling someone/anyone a c***.

Don't panic. Brexit will sort this. 

Anyone remember a 'Swampy' type fella borrowing one of the drums in the East End a few years ago at half time?  It might have been the promotion celebration match v Rotherham.  He strapped it on (if that's what one does) and then proceeded to give a display of Ginger Baker standard drumming.  Mad as a box of squirrels, he was.......... but a bit of the best entertainment I've ever seen down the Gate (obviously the Ashton Angels will always stay in my heart!).

Archived