IGNORED

Diony

BCFC OF SWEDEN

6 minutes ago, nimrod said:

Yeah, but my point is, he’s not what we need right now. Poor signing in retrospect. We needed more than that at this stage of the season. A missed chance to get someone in to propel us to greatness 

You don't always sign a player for the now, sometimes the risk is worth it. And he could be a player for the now for all we know, he's barely had a chance so far.

We all see it different. I thought tonight he actually showed 'glimpses' of what he may offer, decent touch and pace. Bear in mind 4th cameo appearance. He must get a proper run, if the club are on the brink of signing him for a club record fee?

It still all bit odd that the Bolton  striker a few weeks back who ran rings round us was a free signing (Ameobi)  and on that showing would you want Diony or Ameobi ?

4 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

You don't always sign a player for the now, sometimes the risk is worth it. And he could be a player for the now for all we know, he's barely had a chance so far.

Yes, but he is being played now. He is obviously not for now. That’s all I’m saying and that’s my opinion. We should have signed someone for now to take advantage  of our position, but we didn’t. 

To be honest, I don’t really care. I’m happy to be a decent team in the championship.

I'm in the let's wait and see camp re Diony, he has something about him and WILL come good. Clubs don't pay €9M for the player we've seen thus far and he seems to have all the attribute to be a success here. Once he's used to the English game and gets a bit of confidence, he'll be decent. Can we find him a place in the team though?

As for Fammy, I think that was probably one the best performances I've seen from him, really positive. His lung bursting charge back when Fulham counter attacked, just before he came off, was excellent. My MOTM TBH. 

32 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Terrible is harsh, wouldn't you say?

Suppose I'm a happy clapper for not thinking he's the worst player ever to play for City.

No you’re not a happy clapper, in your first post you explained what he did tonight, whereas done are basing their view on his coming short for a ball and standing on it.  It happens.  But they are ignoring the headers he won, the control, spin and layoffs on a couple of occasions, and the Fulham defence looking panicky with him bearing down on them.  Looked more like the "bull" he described himself as tonight.

2 hours ago, otib118 said:

His best cameo tonight, put in a lot of effort forwards and going back, give the lad a chance!

agree, thought he looked a real handful when he came on, the ball is not quite running for him, the sort of player I think that when he gets a goal could make a real difference to his confidence, and we might be lucky and see the Lois that someone was willing to pay 9 million Euros for.

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Can't say he wasn't trying though. Putting in massive tackles, Getting up for headers, closing down really quickly. 

Well done Lois

that was how i saw it.looks like a busy wasp type,ie,bloody annoying to defend against.more time will show if he has an end product.

I suspect that as soon as he scores- he'll be on fire. It's impossible not to see that he's got class but his confidence is just non existent and every striker thrives on confidence.

Reminds me of when Baldock couldn't score in a  brothel but when he eventually did he just couldn't stop. I hope and expect that Lee sticks with Diony- plenty of time left for him to come good.

6 hours ago, Chappers said:

I would say that the contributions from Diony and Elliason tonight were zero. Lois has had 3 short appearances, plus 45 minutes v Sunderland, and not impressed. 

Thought Elliasson put in a really good defensive tackle towards the end. You probably didn’t notice him much as he passed the ball quickly unlike the one he replaced. 

11 minutes ago, Milan djurichimovic said:

I think he'll be good against Cardiff good as he showed last night not afraid to put a tackle in or use his body in Ariel challanges think we're starting to see what lee and co saw in him 

I don't see it. Funny how people see games differently. 

9 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Mainly because he stood on the ball and fell over on the half way line. 

Without that he'd have been one-on-one, scoring what would likely have been the winner. People have been harsh here (especially with the Bas comparison), but that does stick out.

What was more egregious was the lob to Pato near the penalty spot - If Diedhiou hadn't cut it off that would have been a prime shooting chance.

2 minutes ago, tommy32 said:

Yep may sound stupid but I feel like he almost needs to relax a bit more, seems really flustered and hyper with his body movements! 

Tommy I’m with you . He won’t  be the first loan signing not to make an impression.,  in all fairness plenty of games left to become a hero...a 90th minute winner on Sunday ..!!!

24 minutes ago, shelts said:

He looks like he’s trying too hard to make an impression. Not had a start yet . Comparisons with Bas our way off the mark . Each to their own I suppose 

He must be hyper motivated to make an impression.

If it doesn't go well here he will go back to his St Etienne nightmare where in all likelihood he will have to find a new club willing to pay something like the nine million euros that was paid for him .

Les Verts aren't a rich club that can write off large sums of money. 

Not an easy task for his agent if he flops this season so I can understand his motivation to give everything in the handful of games left to play.

Let's hope it works out , for all parties.

I think a match can look very different on a tv screen to being at the game. Maybe some of those who are critical of him weren’t able to see his all round play, dragging players away so other players had room.He is far from the finished article for us, but he certainly looked willing and wanted involvement. A good option to bring on in a game is my verdict.

1 hour ago, Top Robin said:

People used to say that about Bobby.........players can improve you know

:clap:

To be fair to people, with the possible exception of Jim Brennan, before multiple players this season I don't think that has happened at this club for 25 years, so it'll take some getting used to. 

Archived