IGNORED

Mags

Williams' Penalty

Bloody fantastic tonight! 

Pretty sure that's the best I've seen him this season. Great tackles as well as great long throws. He is going to be a fantastic player for us in the future, was so frustrated when he was substituted (injury?) 

Anyay great game and should put to bed all the criticism about him, I really really like him.

36 minutes ago, Williams' Penalty said:

Bloody fantastic tonight! 

Pretty sure that's the best I've seen him this season. Great tackles as well as great long throws. He is going to be a fantastic player for us in the future, was so frustrated when he was substituted (injury?) 

Anyay great game and should put to bed all the criticism about him, I really really like him.

No the typical shit choice substitutions again one of kent paterson or brownass should of gone off for joe give mags some con fidance ffs

37 minutes ago, BITW said:

Seemed a strange sub to me. I was convinced it would be Paterson coming off for JB. 

Exactly what we were calling for, only explanation is knock/injury otherwise very odd. 
Unless he's saving him for Sunday :whistle:

I really think JB could have been a threat running at their right back for the last bit of the game.

1 minute ago, RobintheRed Red said:

No the typical shit choice substitutions again one of kent paterson or brownass should of gone off for joe give mags some con fidance ffs

One of Kent, Kent or Kent should have come off actually..

He was limping quite badly when he joined the players on the pitch at the end of the game. Had one leg of his shorts pulled up really high and looked in some discomfort too. But he was able to come back onto the pitch, surely if there were serious concerns they would have had him in the treatment room etc.

Great game from him today, I’m convinced ‘his song’ has really boosted his confidence.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Not physical enough. Sunday will be a war.

Don’t think needs to be that physical at LB. They don’t have the physical wingers. We could do with less of Pato or Kent Sunday. Bryan in front of Mags and since Pack is out either Pato, Kent or Eliasson. Shame there is no Djuric though. 

Poor distribution from Maggers down the line, it's been a problem all season, but agreed, he was quality tonight. I've always been a fan of his, he will get better and better.

Please for the love of god can we return Bryan back to the left mid spot. He's been our best player this season from that position, and we don't utilise it anymore!

33 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Poor distribution from Maggers down the line, it's been a problem all season, but agreed, he was quality tonight. I've always been a fan of his, he will get better and better.

Please for the love of god can we return Bryan back to the left mid spot. He's been our best player this season from that position, and we don't utilise it anymore!

I noticed his distribution too, but hardly Mags fault tbf, Paterson was nowhere to be seen down the wing half the time so had nothing to aim for.

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

I think Lee left Joe out because of his 9 yellows. Will want to play a tighter game at Cardiff. Couldn't risk it 

When I heard the team news, I did wonder how many yellows, but only just been able to check.  Would be a big miss had he fora yellow tonight.

Assuming Magnússon is ok for Sunday, then he starts left back, and Joe at LM.

Magnússon very good tonight.  Good on the ball (and throws too) and solid defensively.  Don’t recall them getting in behind him all night.

Thought we looked far more solid at the back with Mags playing at LB.

Was really gutted when he got taken off. Not sure whether it was tactical or a strain.

Would ideally prefer Mags at LB and JB at LM.

Kent has yet to impress me. Lots of energy and running around, can beat a man...but where is the end product?

How many games have we won with Kent playing?

8 hours ago, spudski said:

Kent has yet to impress me. Lots of energy and running around, can beat a man...but where is the end product?

How many games have we won with Kent playing?

Agree mate. I know that it has been done to death this week already and no one needs another thread about it, but since you mentioned it, okay last night was poor even be his standards, but to me it was a microcosm of what has frustrated me in every single game we've had him.

He is obviously a natural athlete and decent with the ball at his feet, but apart from the odd quick pass before he's set off on a run, he then doesn't ever get his head up or really know what he wants to do with the ball, and he rarely combines with anyone else, which is our strength.

And what really frustrates me, which was particularly poor yesterday and I think a lot of people picked up on, is when put under pressure or facing a 50-50 ball, he seems to freeze, I said in the other thread it's like time slows down, but his reactions in those situations are really poor.

Not to say he isn't worth playing at all, but he's raw as you'd expect for a young player, so I do hope we're not under some obligation for the amount of time he's playing.

Archived