IGNORED

Mags

Williams' Penalty

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

Agree mate. I know that it has been done to death this week already and no one needs another thread about it, but since you mentioned it, okay last night was poor even be his standards, but to me it was a microcosm of what has frustrated me in every single game we've had him.

He is obviously a natural athlete and decent with the ball at his feet, but apart from the odd quick pass before he's set off on a run, he then doesn't ever get his head up or really know what he wants to do with the ball, and he rarely combines with anyone else, which is our strength.

And what really frustrates me, which was particularly poor yesterday and I think a lot of people picked up on, is when put under pressure or facing a 50-50 ball, he seems to freeze, I said in the other thread it's like time slows down, but his reactions in those situations are really poor.

Not to say he isn't worth playing at all, but he's raw as you'd expect for a young player, so I do hope we're not under some obligation for the amount of time he's playing.

Agree mate...him and Leko previously, are players that I don't understand fit into our patterns of play. It's like 10 playing one way, him playing another.

What troubles me the most, is that imo, JB will mainly be used as a LB and Kent in front of him.

Having these loans with 'fines' in place if not played also irritates.

Catch 22....if we don't play him, we lose money, plus any future Club looking to loan a player here from the Prem will look closely as to whether we play them.

So he'll get played.

JB and Kent offer something going forward...Kent less so...but when out of possession or defending we look weak down that left side.

10 hours ago, spudski said:

Agree mate...him and Leko previously, are players that I don't understand fit into our patterns of play. It's like 10 playing one way, him playing another.

What troubles me the most, is that imo, JB will mainly be used as a LB and Kent in front of him.

Having these loans with 'fines' in place if not played also irritates.

Catch 22....if we don't play him, we lose money, plus any future Club looking to loan a player here from the Prem will look closely as to whether we play them.

So he'll get played.

JB and Kent offer something going forward...Kent less so...but when out of possession or defending we look weak down that left side.

I agree and even weaker down the right with Paterson as well.

As for Magnússon I am not a huge fan but I thought he did well last night, as I said on an earlier thread his substitution was bizarre (unless he was injured of course) surely it should have been Bryan for Paterson?, Magnússon looked absolutely mortified to me when he came off not happy at all and probably with good reason.

I have said it enough but the Kent loan doesn't make sense to me, when this should have been an opportunity to give Eliasson game time, after all he is actually our player.

Archived