IGNORED

Missed the game - quick summary please

old_eastender

15 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Fulham fans on social media and elsewhere saying we play awful football. 

So awful we dominated long spells of the match and they had to resort to diving and time-wasting to see the game out. :whistle:

My summary of the match is that after two games where we only competed for one half, we're back to 90 minutes football. 

And after starting the match sitting back and watching Fulham pass around we suddenly remembered that we play the high press and the game (and City) just took off after that.

We'll be out of the play-offs come Saturday evening, but that game gives you the feeling that anything is possible on Sunday.

We have no chance to finish in top six. Maybe next season. Even if we do, we can t beat Fulham, Derby or Villa with our team. We don t deserve to pe in premiear league just for some Cup wins. That doesn t show nothing, Barnsley did too like some Semifinal in 2008 and they relegated instead of promoting. 

All televised games that I saw, we ****** up totally. Like that three zero and two zero, 4 huge points that we missed, vital points and that defeat, with that 7 points we could be in a very nice position and favorites to be in top 6... but like that, Boro is comming ,i am not afraid of preston or Sheffield but Boro is a much better side than our so.... they will fight for pROMO

55 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Fulham fans on social media and elsewhere saying we play awful football. 

Understandable if you consider the large number of Magnússon long throws they had to face. It felt a bit Stoke at times, but very different to the rest of our play.

I like Fulham, one side I wouldn’t mind see promoted, (but not at our expense !), but tonight they reminded me of Preston a couple of years ago. Always sat on the floor ‘injured’, moaning to the Ref, their keeper especially made sure he had words whenever he could to the Ref and his assistants. From the moment they scored they looked to be time wasting, taking ages to walk over for corners etc. They struck me as a bit arrogant, they only had to turn up to win.

But we certainly gave them a hard game, in the second half especially I thought we done enough to force a win, but I would have taken a point before on our form so a draw I guess was fair. Korey and Bobby worked so hard. Kent got a lot of the ball but was frustrating the crowd with his decisions, often surrendering the ball by trying to do too much after it had been hard won by a team mate.

Fine line between a Ref letting things flow and being weak in my opinion. My verdict was he bottled it a bit, but I was very relieved to see Bobby only get a yellow for a flair up towards the end. I was sure he was going to walk and that would have been catastrophic for us. I never thought I would be thinking Reid is one of the first names on the team sheet, he is that important to how we play (but don’t tell Cardiff)

10 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

1 shot on target? Didn't feel like it.

I'm a miserable bastard and I came home very, very happy with that. 2 very good sides going hell for leather at each other, huge atmosphere, slick football.

Most of our chances seemed to result in a last ditch challenge stopping a certain goal rather than a shot on goal. Think it shows the quality of their defence rather than any offensive shortcomings.

For example someone (im crap at other teams player names) somehow nicking it off bobbys head from all of 2 yards out.

1 minute ago, redsince1994 said:

Most of our chances seemed to result in a last ditch challenge stopping a certain goal rather than a shot on goal. Think it shows the quality of their defence rather than any offensive shortcomings.

For example someone (im crap at other teams player names) somehow nicking it off bobbys head from all of 2 yards out.

It was a very tightly packed 6 yard box at both ends, anything could have happened in either with the ball pinging around. Any goal would be ‘scrappy’ rather than ‘stunning’. I was hoping some of Sunderland’s own goal luck would rub for us but it wasn’t to be, but that said I wouldn’t have been surprised if the OG curse had struck again either, but that would have been so cruel.

10 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I was also gobsmacked. The amount of time we had the ball in the Fulham box it seems mad that we didn’t have more than that. I’m guessing blocked, goal bound shots don’t count? Can be the only explanation as we definitley pinged a few at their goal from fairly close range. 

Sky stats show 10 shots, 1 on target, 5 off target, 4 blocked. (Fulham: 8 shots, 4 on target, 2 off target, 2 blocked)

10 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I was also gobsmacked. The amount of time we had the ball in the Fulham box it seems mad that we didn’t have more than that. I’m guessing blocked, goal bound shots don’t count? Can be the only explanation as we definitley pinged a few at their goal from fairly close range. 

Credit to them really-they defended very well indeed second half when many would have relented.....

23 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I stick by that. Nice to watch football that flowed, aside from their lot rolling around a fair bit.

I said at the time, extra time should be decided by the team not wasting time not the lot rolling a fair* bit (* you are f in generous if you ask me).

16 hours ago, Mihai said:

We have no chance to finish in top six. Maybe next season. Even if we do, we can t beat Fulham, Derby or Villa with our team. We don t deserve to pe in premiear league just for some Cup wins. That doesn t show nothing, Barnsley did too like some Semifinal in 2008 and they relegated instead of promoting. 

All televised games that I saw, we ****** up totally. Like that three zero and two zero, 4 huge points that we missed, vital points and that defeat, with that 7 points we could be in a very nice position and favorites to be in top 6... but like that, Boro is comming ,i am not afraid of preston or Sheffield but Boro is a much better side than our so.... they will fight for pROMO

Remind me again how we got  on away to Fulham and at home to Derby?

Archived