IGNORED

Korey Smith

westred1

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

While I agree in the most part, I think Famara had a hell of a game as well. Korey is a machine, great player! 

Don't disagree Fammy did very well upfront alone, just felt Bobby and Korey were on another level this evening. 

3 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

One of Smiths finer games in a city shirt. Tom Cairney has a £30 million asking price, Smith completely nullified the threat. 

Ah! Cairney,strutting around like a peacock on heat.

With the exception of when he was coming back from the injury a few seasons ago, I think he has consistently been one of our better players for a while. Doesn't necessarily do anything too fancy, but is usually very effective at what he's paid to do.

As he delicately said in his BCTV interview ,

' I will play at right back but prefer muffuletta ' 

In other words . Play me in my best position boss . 

That should read ' midfield ' but I may just have stumbled on a new favourite word thanks to my auto correct.

It's Muffuletta day . I'm going to see how many times I can introduce it into conversations today .

:yes:

The first attempt didn't go very well , 

" do you fancy a muffuletta Mrs Isewater ? "

:punish:

" Sex, sex , sex , sex . That's all you men think about these days "

53 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

As he delicately said in his BCTV interview ,

' I will play at right back but prefer muffuletta ' 

In other words . Play me in my best position boss . 

That should read ' midfield ' but I may just have stumbled on a new favourite word thanks to my auto correct.

It's Muffuletta day . I'm going to see how many times I can introduce it into conversations today .

:yes:

The first attempt didn't go very well , 

" do you fancy a muffuletta Mrs Isewater ? "

:punish:

" Sex, sex , sex , sex . That's all you men think about these days "

Muffuletta. Isn’t that the hazelnut and chocolate spread stuff that comes in an odd shaped jar that the kids like on toast?

Its a real bastard to get the last dregs out of that bloody jar. :yes:

53 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Controversial but fair .

I personally think 3.5.2 as follows is our best route when Pisano is fit. The extra player in midfield really helps us control a game like Fulham away  

Fielding

Wright Flint Baker

Pisano                           Bryan

Smith Brownhill Pack

Reid.       Diedhiou 

15 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Muffuletta. Isn’t that the hazelnut and chocolate spread stuff that comes in an odd shaped jar that the kids like on toast?

Its a real bastard to get the last dregs out of that bloody jar. :yes:

Milk and in the microwave for a minute....only viable way to finish off a jar of muffuletta!

I've got to say, there is much talk of players like Flint, Bryan and Bobby leaving when we fail to go up at the end of this season, but one player who I really hope doesn't get added to that list is Korey Smith (as a midfielder). He has been Mr Dependable this season, and his work rate and wholehearted performances have quite rightly won him man of the match. He really is an absolute gem of a player. When you talk about players that would be difficult to replace I put Korey Smith right up there.

2 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I've got to say, there is much talk of players like Flint, Bryan and Bobby leaving when we fail to go up at the end of this season, but one player who I really hope doesn't get added to that list is Korey Smith (as a midfielder). He has been Mr Dependable this season, and his work rate and wholehearted performances have quite rightly won him man of the match. He really is an absolute gem of a player. When you talk about players that would be difficult to replace I put Korey Smith right up there.

Just about to write the same mate - of all of them, it's Korey I am worried about the most.

5,000,000 and he will be gone - and I think to the right club, he is probably worth more - but that's all it would take.

If I needed a "heart and soul" player in CM - in the championship, he would be my #1 choice. Even a lower prem team may take a 'best 18' punt at that price.

If Korey goes, then expect a mass exodus, as him and Flint are the fibre of this team.If they go, then so will others.

I can genuinely see the following leaving for decent money if we don't make the play-offs:

Smith - 5m

Pack - 5m

Flint - 7m

Fammy - 10m

Reid - 8m

Brownhill - 4m

Baker - 8m

Bryan - 8m

Maggs  (I really rate him - and so do other clubs) - 5m

A lot of 'ones for the future' will be playing next year - I think staying in the play-offs would keep them for another year, free-fall to 11th - 12th, then the grass is greener elsewhere.

Add in Kent (Loan Terminated), Diony (LT), Engvall, Elliason, Moore, Woodrow (LT),Taylor - maybe 3m combined.

These guys want the best for themselves and family - if any of the current top 5 came calling, and with a 30% pay increase why WOULDN'T they leave.

I have my tin hat on, but wouldn't mind some comments......

To me Korey has been immense this season.  When he plays with Marlon, it gives him a bit more freedom.  Wish he had the confidence to hit a few shots. I'm sure he has it in him.

Actually I was impressed with him last season too.  In midfield, but he also has done a pretty good job at RB when asked ( but playing him there ruins our midfield).

One of the players of the season for me and richly deserved the winner against Man U.

Archived