IGNORED

Denis Odoi

GrahamC

Fulham’s number 4 last night.

What a player.

Seemed to be about 5ft 8 but played centrally at the back, as near to a Continental sweeper (well, he is Belgian) as anyone I’ve seen at our level.

Superb on the ball, came forward and dictated play a lot and just when I was thinking can he defend, he did that phenomenal interception in the last minute.

Went expecting to be impressed by Sessegnon and Cairney but he was just outstanding.

Also for all their theatrics and time wasting, Fulham can play some lovely stuff.

That first 20 minutes reminded me of the Man City game. 

19 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

What a player.

Seemed to be about 5ft 8 but played centrally at the back, as near to a Continental sweeper (well, he is Belgian) as anyone I’ve seen at our level.

Superb on the ball, came forward and dictated play a lot and just when I was thinking can he defend, he did that phenomenal interception in the last minute.

Went expecting to be impressed by Sessegnon and Cairney but he was just outstanding.

Also for all their theatrics and time wasting, Fulham can play some lovely stuff.

Fulham are a very good side with a proven manager. He did a great job at Watford too. At the other end of the scale Neil Warnock is just incredible. Be interesting to compare his spend and budget to LJ. 10 points difference. 

13 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Fulham are a very good side with a proven manager. He did a great job at Watford too. At the other end of the scale Neil Warnock is just incredible. Be interesting to compare his spend and budget to LJ. 10 points difference. 

What has any of that got to do with Odoi?

42 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

And that was the thing I couldn't work out - with Cairney and Johansen in particular, they've got some wonderful players, and as good as anyone in the division at playing through you, but a few of them (keeper in particular, Mitrovic also) seem to want to game the ref instead, in a game they're quite capable of winning fairly. Such a shame.

We obviously had quite a few Fulham on the train back last night and they're always pleasant enough as opposition fans go, but I must say I've never heard them so big headed before. This run of theirs has really gone to their heads - to a man they've written us off as unlikely to make the play offs, and think they're on for second place.

28 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Who’s budget do you want to compare to LJ’s? Colin’s? He’s just spent £6m on Madine, £3m on Tomlin & signed various free transfers that while they wouldn’t of commanded a fee, the likes of Bamba & Hoillet will be on large wages (along with Tomlin). So he’s not done it on peanuts but don’t let that stand in the way of you finding another stick to try & beat LJ with.

Take a look at what our first team cost to what they are probably worth now & what wages they are on & then compare it to Birmingham, Middlesbrough, Forest, Wednesday, Derby, Wolves, Leeds, Villa, Fulham & Cardiff over the last 5 years or so, to name just a few!!

You seem to have this perception that we have spent hundreds of millions on buying players & another fortune on wages, we simply haven’t, we have still had an outstanding season & only look like improving further over the years.

6 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Who’s budget do you want to compare to LJ’s? Colin’s? He’s just spent £6m on Madine, £3m on Tomlin & signed various free transfers that while they wouldn’t of commanded a fee, the likes of Bamba & Hoillet will be on large wages (along with Tomlin). So he’s not done it on peanuts but don’t let that stand in the way of you finding another stick to try & beat LJ with.

Take a look at what our first team cost to what they are probably worth now & what wages they are on & then compare it to Birmingham, Middlesbrough, Forest, Wednesday, Derby, Wolves, Leeds, Villa, Fulham & Cardiff over the last 5 years or so, to name just a few!!

You seem to have this perception that we have spent hundreds of millions on buying players & another fortune on wages, we simply haven’t, we have still had an outstanding season & only look like improving further over the years.

He just wants somewhere to make a Johnson dig, and as we had a positive performance the options are limited today.  

Logic and actual facts don’t come in to it. 

As for the wonderful proven Jokanovic, an almost identical record to Johnson in an almost identical number of games.

Christ knows where this myth comes from that Cardiff are working on a shoestring budget, utter nonsense. 

This is also the guy who spent the whole of Jan moaning that we didn’t spend big and bring in a load of ‘proven’ talent.  Can’t make it up. 

10 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

And a wage bill that’s probably 30% or £10m larger than ours is.

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

You mean the budget that allows him to spend 30k a week on a player?

2 minutes ago, BCFC J said:

Odoi was quality on the ball but as you'd expect. He isn't a centre half he's a full back by trade.

Can you stay on topic please. This is about Warnock and what a great man he is.

He’s 93 don’t you know. Some Bristol City thugs once attacked him in cold blood and he still manages to operate on a budget of half a shilling a week. 

57 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

£3m on Tomlin

If you had said £3 million on Odoi I would have said; what a steal instead I am going to say we stole the money from Cardiff. But more to the point I have seen no evidence that £3m is anywhere near what was paid or agreed even in instalments. I have heard £1 million with possible add ons; more likely to be take offs the way his career is relentlessly nosediving. But Odoi? .. now that is a player, at least on last nights showing.

5 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

If you had said £3 million on Odoi I would have said; what a steal instead I am going to say we stole the money from Cardiff. But more to the point I have seen no evidence that £3m is anywhere near what was paid or agreed even in instalments. I have heard £1 million with possible add ons; more likely to be take offs the way his career is relentlessly nosediving. But Odoi? .. now that is a player, at least on last nights showing.

If we can get a million back on Tomlin, having cleared his wages off the budget, it’ll do for me, especially when you consider what damage could of been done to the squad if he was still here.

It would of been worth just simply writing his cost off but anything back is a bonus.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

What a player.

a few times during the game when we had a period of ascendancy/control one of their players went down for a 1-3 minutes completely taking the steam out of our play. I am not sure how many of the main 4 "injuries" were genuine, but most looked like soft / feigned injuries allowing them to regain composure.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

What a player.

I was going to post the very same thing; I thought he was class all night and certainly did not look to be playing out of position.  Though hardly what you would expect from a central defender.  Just goes to show size is not always that important (que the predictable riposte) when you consider arguably the 2 best performances last night came from Reid and Odoi.

6 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Even Warnock said it was £1.5m, which seeing as he is the biggest ******* liar around, suggests it was probably around a million more than that...

12 hours ago, Olé said:

And that was the thing I couldn't work out - with Cairney and Johansen in particular, they've got some wonderful players, and as good as anyone in the division at playing through you, but a few of them (keeper in particular, Mitrovic also) seem to want to game the ref instead, in a game they're quite capable of winning fairly. Such a shame.

We obviously had quite a few Fulham on the train back last night and they're always pleasant enough as opposition fans go, but I must say I've never heard them so big headed before. This run of theirs has really gone to their heads - to a man they've written us off as unlikely to make the play offs, and think they're on for second place.

Most great runs last no more than 10-12 games. A change in form is imminent. 

22 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Has Tinman been caught spouting utter bollocks again?

21 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Can you stay on topic please. This is about Warnock and what a great man he is.

He’s 93 don’t you know. Some Bristol City thugs once attacked him in cold blood and he still manages to operate on a budget of half a shilling a week. 

And don't forget the 23 legit goals against Bristol City that were never given.

(Actually, it may be more than 23 but personally I have only heard him bring this up in 23 interviews)

2 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Put on ignore - he's this season's Thatch.

The trouble with ignoring nonsense and not challenging it is that nonsense starts believing that no one thinks it’s nonsense. 

Not sure why I bother though. He has no interest in actual discussion. Just plants his seeds of BS then disappears for good from the thread. 

Archived