IGNORED

LJ shouting at Frankie

Major Isewater

12 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Do we actually gain anything by hoofing it up field ?

Isn't it better to roll it out or pass it out and keep possession

We don't really have the defenders that are good at that.

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

d, perhaps Flint needs to come off the line about 10-15 yards, giving FF more of an area to aim at / room for error. Aiming it head height onto the touch line is a very difficult skill for any player to achieve, let alone Frank. 

more difficult with less room for error. madness unless Flint is up in their half.

12 minutes ago, Super said:

We don't really have the defenders that are good at that.

FF does sometimes roll the ball out and the likes of Wright, Bryan or Pack move up field and then the option of moving thru midfield or out wide.

FF mixing his options by kicking the ball wide is a set tactic designed to make it less predictable to the opposition.As we know he doesn't always get right but then which goalkeepers do get it right every time?

19 hours ago, Harry said:

I agree that the theory of the tactic is good. Problem is Frankie isn’t Pirlo, and it goes out for a throw 90% of the time. 

So either we give ourselves a 50/50 chance of possession by kicking it up the middle or give us a 10/90 chance of possession kicking it wide. 

4 hours ago, Harry said:

Yeah, my stats were just pulled out of thin air but were meant as an example of how we really ought to mix it up a bit. Frankie’s ratio of keeping it in play vs out of play is rather poor. I 100% understand the rationale behind this but just think we need to alter it occasionally. As others have said, perhaps Flint needs to come off the line about 10-15 yards, giving FF more of an area to aim at / room for error. Aiming it head height onto the touch line is a very difficult skill for any player to achieve, let alone Frank. 

You may be answering your own points here. You feel Fielding'

s distribution is poor.. His kicking centrally leaves less than a 50/50 chance, but feel improvement would be moving Flint infield in his own half fifteen metres (more centrally) to compete for what would be a heavily contested ball.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

FF mixing his options by kicking the ball wide is a set tactic designed to make it less predictable to the opposition.As we know he doesn't always get right but then which goalkeepers do get it right every time?

The tactic is predictable because centre halves obviously are not splitting and staying deep, forwards are not staying high and wide players can not stretch the pitch one side because the space they have is being squeezed. Everybody including the opposition know where it is going.

If centre halves dropped and full backs push up, forwards stand offside creating space and any number of possibilities to ask question with. Interestingly some of City's academy are doing  versions of this

18 hours ago, Robbored said:

50 or retirement whichever comes first.

I was 51 yesterday.

Jesus Christ. Makes me a Senior Red.

Mind you I’ll be buggered if I’m going along. Spend enough of my time at home games with old uns who talk bollocks. And waste even more time on here reading the same old nonsense.

But then you’re as old as the lady you feel. Mine’s 38 ;)

20 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I noticed that Flinty moves out to the touchline to compete for these of late. Quite a good move TBH unless it sails over even his head.

Their bloke was punting it out for throw ins last night to be fair.

Not so sure about that.  He's been doing it all season and I've yet to see it reach him or if it does to have any positive effect.  I'd like someone to explain the % gain from it, because it either never gets to him and goes out for their throw or he loses possession and is then stuck out of position.

5 minutes ago, fishy said:

Not so sure about that.  He's been doing it all season and I've yet to see it reach him or if it does to have any positive effect.  I'd like someone to explain the % gain from it, because it either never gets to him and goes out for their throw or he loses possession and is then stuck out of position.

I’ve rarely seen it work either. All I’ve ever seen happen is it goes out for a throw in or Flinty doesn’t win it and ball gets played into the central defence position where Flinty would otherwise be.

If I can see it then I’m sure those chips in the back of the shirts are sending the messages to the coaches and their iPads.

Unless Trump and his Russian mates are infiltrating the data.....

33 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

I was 51 yesterday.

Mind you I’ll be buggered if I’m going along. Spend enough of my time at home games with old uns who talk bollocks. And waste even more time on here reading the same old nonsense.

But then you’re as old as the lady you feel. Mine’s 38 ;)

48 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

If you've never been how do you know us old uns talk bollocks?  

Sounds like a one eyed prejudice here............:disapointed2se:

Tis an accepted fact of our time. To the younger generations the older ones - who go by the prefix “senior” - do. 

Age old belief.

As my kids tell me. As my 38 year old tells me. Whenever I open my mouth they ask “are you about to start talking bollocks”. :yes:

And I’ve read your posts. What’s a one eyed prejudice? That sounds like complete bollocks. And if you have the senior ability to tap it out on a keyboard I’m certain the similar views can come out of your mouth ;)

Anyway perhaps 50 is too young a qualifying age.......

Archived