IGNORED

Jacki Dziekanowski (Merged)

maxjak

It is remarkable to consider that Jacki only played 53 times for Britains greatest club, I see he is coming along to the Ipswich game as a special guest.............I have special memories  of his time at our club, in tandem with Andy Cole, especially at an FA Cup tie at Leicester, when I recall Motty suggesting on MOTD that Jacki was possibly from another planet during a memorable 2- 1 victory.  I Know he had his faults, but considering that he played for such a comparitively short time at AG, his legendary status is fully deserved.....I Loved him to bits, and will never forget his style and flair. 

The guy was on a different level and toyed with defenders, he had a fantastic first touch and skill that was wasted at that level. With Cole and Atteveld in the team it was one of those periods in our history that you were guraranteed to be entertained. Unfortunately Jacki wasn’t appreciated as much by some of his other team mates and Russell Osman made sure that Jackie’s spell was short lived at City. It was fun for a while and he will always be one of my favourite players purely because he could light up a game with his impudent skill

2 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

@GrahamC: calm yourself. Take a breath. And let us foolish football romantics remember the good times, er, moments. Ok, the good moment. 

And what a moment it was....

Everyone knows my view, I was a virtual ever present in those days and so know what I saw.

It’s all about opinions, isn’t it?

Nothing more to add.

1 hour ago, Maltshoveller said:

7 goals 

Couple of good games and a few tricks

Wow how easy it is to become a "Legend"

Yep, seriously overrated. 

A few tricks as you say but as lazy as they come. Definitely not a team player.

JET deserved the leg end status more than Jackie does.

Same tricks but bone idle as well.

2 hours ago, 22A said:

I could not believe it when the news came through "Bristol City have signed Darisusz Dziekanowski from Celtic".

Since when do City sign Internationals from clubs as great as Celtic?

Peter Cormack from Liverpool 16 years earlier....Norman Hunter from Leeds 16 years earlier....Joe Royle from Manchester City 15 years earlier....

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yep, seriously overrated. 

A few tricks as you say but as lazy as they come. Definitely not a team player.

JET deserved the leg end status more than Jackie does.

Same tricks but bone idle as well.

Perfectly valid points...................but nevertheless, I just loved watching him play, he was a luxury player, whom I just found entertaining...............some people like Coldplay, but I prefer Rage Against the Machine

14 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Peter Cormack from Liverpool 16 years earlier....Norman Hunter from Leeds 16 years earlier....Joe Royle from Manchester City 15 years earlier....

Back then we were a First Division club, so they moved within the top flight. When we signed Jacki though, City were mid table in Div 2. Even the gas finished above City that season and Jacki's first goal was for City against the mighty Southend!

City bought Celtic’s Polish international forward Dariusz Dziekanowski for £250,000 who scored on his debut at home to Southend. For the cup match at Leicester, Aizlewood took over as Captain, Russell Osman moved to left back and Nicky Morgan partnered the Pole in attack. In a mud bath Dziekanowski weaved wonders on the Leicester defence and continually split them. With a through ball he set up Bent for the first goal and headed the second himself after Bent chased and caught a seemingly lost ball.

7 minutes ago, 22A said:

Back then we were a First Division club, so they moved within the top flight. When we signed Jacki though, City were mid table in Div 2. Even the gas finished above City that season and Jacki's first goal was for City against the mighty Southend!

City bought Celtic’s Polish international forward Dariusz Dziekanowski for £250,000 who scored on his debut at home to Southend. For the cup match at Leicester, Aizlewood took over as Captain, Russell Osman moved to left back and Nicky Morgan partnered the Pole in attack. In a mud bath Dziekanowski weaved wonders on the Leicester defence and continually split them. With a through ball he set up Bent for the first goal and headed the second himself after Bent chased and caught a seemingly lost ball.

Celtic couldn't believe their luck that some other club wanted to take him off their hands .

The guy was like a lazier Tomlin.

I'm sorry he was the archetypal talented waster .

I'm sure he's a great bloke now though.

19 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I Had forgotten about Cormack...............thanks for reminding me, he was absolute class, made it look effortless.  . And who can forget Joe's debut against Middlesborough.....I think he scored all 4 goals, in a 4-0 victory, great memories.....but then didn't score for ages, but contributed tons of assists.

13 minutes ago, 22A said:

Yeh but your question was ‘since when did City sign internationals from clubs as great as Celtic?’ My reply gave three examples of international capped footballers we had signed many years before from clubs much, much, much greater than Celtic...Jacki hadn’t played for Poland for two years when he signed him and he never played for them again. We signed a former international (as we did with Cormack, Hunter and Royle) but at least Royle had been selected for England in the same year we signed him. 

Having said all that, Jacki is still a big hero of mine...

2 hours ago, maxjak said:

It is remarkable to consider that Jacki only played 53 times for Britains greatest club, I see he is coming along to the Ipswich game as a special guest.............I have special memories  of his time at our club, in tandem with Andy Cole, especially at an FA Cup tie at Leicester, when I recall Motty suggesting on MOTD that Jacki was possibly from another planet during a memorable 2- 1 victory.  I Know he had his faults, but considering that he played for such a comparitively short time at AG, his legendary status is fully deserved.....I Loved him to bits, and will never forget his style and flair. 

Bring him on the pitch half time i hated Osman for getting rid 

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Celtic couldn't believe their luck that some other club wanted to take him off their hands .

I'm sorry but you have not a clue what your on about. 

Even Andy cole mentions Jacki as one of the best he played with. Tomlin is not in Jacki league. 

44 minutes ago, INCRED said:

The guy was on a different level and toyed with defenders, he had a fantastic first touch and skill that was wasted at that level. With Cole and Atteveld in the team it was one of those periods in our history that you were guraranteed to be entertained. Unfortunately Jacki wasn’t appreciated as much by some of his other team mates and Russell Osman made sure that Jackie’s spell was short lived at City. It was fun for a while and he will always be one of my favourite players purely because he could light up a game with his impudent skill

Brilliant mate great comment

3 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

your having a bubble most skillfull player to ever wear the shirt you obviously are too young to remember his talents or Russell Osmans brother

Been watching City since 1976 so old enough to know he had talent

Old enough to know he was a waste of space 95% of the time he was with us

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Sorry Major, i respect your opinion..............but Jacki was worth every penny of 250,000, I was more entertained by his flair and style than a hundred Tomlins, he was a one off, I will always remember him as a star, no one will ever change my opinion of the dazzling pisshead.....ha

9 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

your having a bubble most skillfull player to ever wear the shirt you obviously are too young to remember his talents or Russell Osmans brother

JET was more skilful than Jackie ever was but just as lazy. Glad they never played together......:facepalm:

Archived