IGNORED

Jacki Dziekanowski (Merged)

maxjak

surely a legend is someone we all (in the most part!) remember with great fondness, regardless of how many games they played in a City shirt or indeed how consistent they were week in week out. They light up a team with flair and skill not often seen, and on their day could be genuine match winners all on their own.

Jacki (along with Cole) lit up that era, and the fans on the terrace loved him for the most part... when I ever I hear his name the chants of "ohhhh jacki jacki...." or even the dull .."we've got a polish inter-nation-al" ring in my head - embedded there for eternity along with a,  yes probably skewed, glowing memory.

He is not to be confused with a club servant which is a different class. Only a few players can be classed in both legend and servant categories in recent times, who in addition to flair put in a shift week in week out over a number of years and would "die" for their club. Perhaps Scott Murray, Brain Tinnion, and possibly Bob Taylor? Aden Flint amongst the modern crop could be getting there too.

Anyway I will welcome Jacki back come the Ipswich game and thank him for the "legendary" memories!

14 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

So you can't say .

I reckon you and Hadital are desperately trying to sell tickets for DD's meal .

I am sure there are lots of posters who would love to spend some time with the flawed genius but many would prefer a little more transparency in the proposals .

Sorry Major.......................but referring to me as a flawed genius, is hardly conducive  to the prospects of our long term relationship, however if you are prepared to pick up the tab at the restaurant.....I Will forgive you

7 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Sorry Major.......................but referring to me as a flawed genius, is hardly conducive  to the prospects of our long term relationship, however if you are prepared to pick up the tab at the restaurant.....I Will forgive you

Ok , you're a charming and funny person but you still haven't replied to my two questions. 

41 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Ok , you're a charming and funny person but you still haven't replied to my two questions. 

Absolutely nothing to do with DD'S  Meal.....but if available and financially equipped, would be delighted.  May I Ask  what was question 2 was.   Must say, even if in danger of appearing patronising,, u r equally charming.......but lets not get a room

23 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

From 3:26.

Loved the video! 

Some hilarious commentary ('the striker wasn't molested by the defender'), and bizarre interviews with the snappy dresser Denis Smith.

At the start Andy Cole takes all Jacki's praise then repays him by saying Jacki doesn't help the team enough!

Cole was awesome, and in the wins we we lethal in attack. Actually the squad was decent and perhaps underperformed. 

Finally, anyone criticising Jacki for goalscoring, watch the video and count how many he created!

7 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Firstly I don't know too many Majors on here but I love flair players. 

They are too numerous to mention all but here's a small sample who , IMHO, merit Legend status long before our Polish maverick.

Bob Taylor, Rob Newman, Joe Jordan, John Galley , Gerry Gow , Paul Cheeseley, Tom Ritchie , Alan Walsh , Scott Murray , Terry Cooper...

They were all great players but say apart from murray an walsh i would hardly call the rest of them flair players im talking about players that get your bum off the seat but we agree to disagree

On 2/22/2018 at 18:09, maxjak said:

It is remarkable to consider that Jacki only played 53 times for Britains greatest club, I see he is coming along to the Ipswich game as a special guest.............I have special memories  of his time at our club, in tandem with Andy Cole, especially at an FA Cup tie at Leicester, when I recall Motty suggesting on MOTD that Jacki was possibly from another planet during a memorable 2- 1 victory.  I Know he had his faults, but considering that he played for such a comparitively short time at AG, his legendary status is fully deserved.....I Loved him to bits, and will never forget his style and flair. 

Also recall Motty saying "Junior Bent, there's a name we will remember"

11 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

In 1992, our team had Jacki, Cole and Bob Taylor as attacking players. Allison and Nicky Morgan were no mugs either. How on earth did we manage to only finish 17th and behind the sag cloggers?

Well, looking at that video (and as I recall it), because we had a sh*t defence, epitomised by one Russell Osman.

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 21:18, Wanderingred said:

Let's be completely honest guys.. when the going got tough, Jacki went missing. I'll never forget being a 10 year old and watching in tears as the blue cloggers tonked us 4-0 at Trumpton. Jacki may as well not have been on the pitch that day.

He was an absolutely wonderful talent but I do think people are being selective with their memory. For every dazzling performance, there were just as many anonymous ones.

Maybe....but the dazzling ones made it so worthwhile. 

Technically the best player I’ve ever seen in the red shirt of Bristol City. Lazy yes . My old man knew a player and loved Jacki saying he was always two moves ahead . Stopped watching when he was axed and the Osman took over , now that was dark times I can tell you, kept us up though with possibly the worst football I’ve ever witnessed at BS3 

2 minutes ago, shelts said:

Not a legend I agree . Little more to his game than tricks n flicks though.  

I just wasnt a big fan of his 

The Jackie/Cole years are my least favorite watching City Everything about the club at that time sucked

I slag Jackie off for being a lazy sod who did the odd trick

Dave Noble is my favorite ever player Same could be said about him

Enjoyed that Video, lots of memories. As for Jacki, absolute class imo. He entertained, he got me of my seat ( not that i had one! ). He did things that I wanted to try & do. If you cannot appreciate what he brought to a football match, then I pity you. The most naturally talented footballer I’ve seen at the gate. He wasn’t no work horse I’ll give you that, but I didn’t want to watch a work horse, I wanted to watch Jacki. COYR 

17 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

The Jackie/Cole years are my least favorite watching City Everything about the club at that time sucked

Interesting take on things . I thought we played ok under Dennis Smith . Noble and Jacki are rather similar in many ways.  What else sucked, not after a nibble , just don’t remember like I used too!!

32 minutes ago, shelts said:

Technically the best player I’ve ever seen in the red shirt of Bristol City. Lazy yes . My old man knew a player and loved Jacki saying he was always two moves ahead . Stopped watching when he was axed and the Osman took over , now that was dark times I can tell you, kept us up though with possibly the worst football I’ve ever witnessed at BS3 

spot on shelts from watching  class to watching trash

22 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

whats that when he was on the piss aswell

Ah Jacki. Was one of the most talented players I have ever watched at Ashton Gate (on his day). 

Yes, he really didn't affect games as much as he could or maybe should have, but he was an utter delight to watch in a time when players like him were a very rare breed. That is why he is remembered so fondly by so many.

If he came onto the scene today, he wouldn't ever be as special as he was then because there are far more 'flair" players now, but he was one of the first players I watched that made you think 'something special could happen here' whenever he got the ball. Inevitably it didnt but the anticipation was what got you.

On 22/02/2018 at 21:10, maxjak said:

Sorry Major, i respect your opinion..............but Jacki was worth every penny of 250,000, I was more entertained by his flair and style than a hundred Tomlins, he was a one off, I will always remember him as a star, no one will ever change my opinion of the dazzling pisshead.....ha

The guy was a Polish international and probably their most talented who earned 62 caps. 62 more than Tomlin and Jet so those of you who think Jacki was no better need to think again as they weren't fit to lace his boots 

6 minutes ago, INCRED said:

The guy was a Polish international and probably their most talented who earned 62 caps. 62 more than Tomlin and Jet so those of you who think Jacki was no better need to think again as they weren't fit to lace his boots 

I was chatting about him to some Polish guys in Kraków a few years back, and they basically laughed at me when I said what a player he was. I'd also throw in the names of Boniek and Lewandowski, both of whom were / are far superior.

Still loved him in a City shirt just for the sheer thrill of what he could do, even if it wasn't that often. Sometimes that's all you need.

Archived