IGNORED

New Crest

redpole

Does anyone have a picture of the crest they tried to force on us in 2005ish? I have a memory of Dave Cotterill, looking like an ASBO waiting to happen, modelling said badge on a shirt which was also withdrawn.

The badge had something to do with boats with our current crest in the middle?

Someone tell me I’m not making this up...

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

None I don’t think. But I prefer the robin. The coat of arms in Bristol. Is also associated with the council of Bristol. Who ****** us over . 

All about opinions, fair enough. 

I don’t associate our coat of arms with the council. I love seeing the “City badge” on Bristol related landmarks! 

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why, how many other fottball clubs have the Bristol coat of arms..?! 

Well the gas used to have it as their badge and Gloucestershire CCC - two other teams for which I have zero affection...so to me it isn’t a badge unique to Bristol City....unlike the robin in front of a world famous landmark which can be seen from our stadium...

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Does anyone have a picture of the crest they tried to force on us in 2005ish? I have a memory of Dave Cotterill, looking like an ASBO waiting to happen, modelling said badge on a shirt which was also withdrawn.

Someone will have that picture somewhere, was that the year we had the fan designed kit, or was that the "champagne" monstrosity?

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well the gas used to have it as their badge and Gloucestershire CCC - two other teams for which I have zero affection...so to me it isn’t a badge unique to Bristol City....unlike the robin in front of a world famous landmark which can be seen from our stadium...

I don’t dislike the Robin badge, but I also like the coat of arms, so I’m not really fussed either way. 

No, you aren’t making it up.

The badge and the actual kit design itself looked so ******* cheap and tacky you’d think the whole lot had been designed by a Saghead. After some protest the badge reverted back to the original coat of arms and the novelty shit looking collar was replaced by a normal collar. 

It was still a horrible kit.

19 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Someone will have that picture somewhere, was that the year we had the fan designed kit, or was that the "champagne" monstrosity?

That year (2005/06) we had the ‘champagne’ away kit....or beige.

Sky blue lettering as well.

To think there was uproar last season over a couple of poxy hashtags.

Wasn't the fan designed away kit a couple of years earlier and all black?

IMG_0482.JPG.93fa0b0bfac6ba5bc0c5e413ba960a59.JPG

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

So long as the "1897" is replaced by "1894" I'd be fairly open minded. 

Don't know why we don't trace it back to Bristol South End. Club clearly going with 1897 but it's ignoring an important part of the history of the club.

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Don't know why we don't trace it back to Bristol South End. Club clearly going with 1897 but it's ignoring an important part of the history of the club.

Because in 1994 they completely forgot to celebrate the centenary. So had another go by rewriting history. 

Archived