IGNORED

New Crest

redpole

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Like this a lot. Modern but classic and a lot more online-friendly than our current crest, which is a bit too detailed to work well on screen (apologies for the marketing-speak).

I do think our current crest is a bit dated and could do with a refresh.

Agreed. And I really dislike the colour yellow particularly for the unicorns.

23 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Think I’ve seen the top right and bottom left before. That top right one really seems familiar.

And since when has the Clifton Suspension Bridge had 3 archways in each tower :whistle: Perfectly to scale for my OCD please. Just like the unicorns in the current badge. They're exactly like real unicorns. 

Don't use the suspension bridge.  Surely the architectural feature you are looking for is the metrobus guided bus bridge.  That awesome structure is destined to remain lovely and clean for many more years to come while they work out how to install ticket machines.

While we are on OCD, the deck of the CSB is not flat, it arches up.  It also heaves alarmingly in anything over a slight breeze.

10 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

And since when has the Clifton Suspension Bridge had 3 archways in each tower :whistle: Perfectly to scale for my OCD please.

IF we do end up with a refresh it needs to get considerably less busy. Top marks for effort @Olé but all considerably too busy for my taste. 

I do like the simplicity of the first one posted with the robin perching on the ball but agreed the font could be better. On the right lines for me though if we do end up reverting to the robin.

Can’t see a rebrand any time soon though - I think if it were in the offing it would have been done along with the stadium refit. 

1 minute ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

As a relatively young forum member I have only known the current badge, and to be honest, for me, I wouldn't want it to change. Sentimentally I guess I'm attached to it. And for what it's worth, I love the yellow Unicorns. 

Same here. All the shirts I had as a child had the current crest or at least very similar takes on it. 

2 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I guess the Leeds debacle has made it topical 

And likely made the club pretty wary of making a change.

Personally I think that at the moment we have something which is kind of the worst of both worlds.  I think if we are going to use the crest then we need to go the whole hog and have it something like the rugby team have.  It should be a traditional crest rather than a child's interpretation.  At the moment we use a simplified facsimile of the crest and I am not a fan of that reduction.

I would not be opposed to a new crest, a strong clear design incorporating a robin would be nice.  I quite like the one in the top left of these four, perhaps in a roundel rather than a shield though, and using a stronger font with fewer curves.  I love the bridge but it seems tricky to incorporate into a badge in an aesthetically pleasing way.

38BE2FC3-DD52-4C51-B3F8-FDB2456171AC.png

PS. 1894!

44 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

And likely made the club pretty wary of making a change.

Personally I think that at the moment we have something which is kind of the worst of both worlds.  I think if we are going to use the crest then we need to go the whole hog and have it something like the rugby team have.  It should be a traditional crest rather than a child's interpretation.  At the moment we use a simplified facsimile of the crest and I am not a fan of that reduction.

I would not be opposed to a new crest, a strong clear design incorporating a robin would be nice.  I quite like the one in the top left of these four, perhaps in a roundel rather than a shield though, and using a stronger font with fewer curves.  I love the bridge but it seems tricky to incorporate into a badge in an aesthetically pleasing way.

38BE2FC3-DD52-4C51-B3F8-FDB2456171AC.png

PS. 1894!

Agree what you say mate, If they are going to modernise the crest then do it professionally. Like the image below. 
bristolrefs01-w700h415.jpg

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

No offence intended but that would look ******* awful for an official crest IMO.  

Looks like the sort of thing that an ex con would have tattooed on his face!

No offence taken B86. I wasn't suggesting that as a badge, rather that I would like to see something like Ernie on any new one. Obviously, it would have to be of a much higher quality image.

Archived