IGNORED

Celtic - SPL champions.....:laugh:!

Robbored

My favourite topic - shite Scottish football.

Celtic got hammered 3-0 by a an injury hit Zenit St Petersburg tonight and crash out of the Europa League.

I bet the Rangers fans are laughing their arses off but they're even worse.

What a joke Scottish football is............:rofl2br:

7 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Exactly - it ain't too bad really. 

When comparable to country's of other similar size take Croatia for example, its actually not bad at all. Also say what you like about Celtic and Rangers, they are still two of the best supported clubs in Europe...

12 minutes ago, bris red said:

For a country of just over 4 million i really dont know what people expect from Scotland and the Spl.. the standard is about right for the size of the country.

Scotland’s population is about 5.5 million, but I agree they are doing very ok given their size and resources...and another example is Uruguay, less than 3.5 million population, but don’t they do well....relatively?!

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Scotland’s population is about 5.5 million, but I agree they are doing very ok given their size and resources...and another example is Uruguay, less than 3.5 million population, but don’t they do well....relatively?!

All the good Uruguayan coaches reside in Uruguay, all of the Scottish ones work for English clubs... Money talks. They have no chance ever really

So many opportunities to knock Celtic, but this one is probably one of the least justified to be honest.

You say injury hit Zenit, but Celtic are missing at least 6 first team squad players and Zenit spent £100m on players for this season and are a far better side.

I get there are a fair few Celtic haters on here, but honestly Robbored you've already admitted you watch little football aside from City and you make yourself look more clueless than Celtic's away european performances each time you try and do this topic (for the hundredth time).

26 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

All the good Uruguayan coaches reside in Uruguay.....

Except Diego Aguirre who coaches Brazilian club Internacional...and Fernando Clavijo who coached in the MLS in America...or Nelson Acosta who managed Chile from 1996 to 2001....or Pablo Correa who is currently coaching in Ligue 2 in France...or Tab Ramos who coaches the US under-20 team.....not to mention Gus Poyet or Danny Begara and their legendary stints in England!

27 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Except Diego Aguirre who coaches Brazilian club Internacional...and Fernando Clavijo who coached in the MLS in America...or Nelson Acosta who managed Chile from 1996 to 2001....or Pablo Correa who is currently coaching in Ligue 2 in France...or Tab Ramos who coaches the US under-20 team.....not to mention Gus Poyet or Danny Begara and their legendary stints in England!

Managers, not coaches...

Do you seriously think Conte is doing all the coaching for example?? Coach by title... Manager by job... Completely different roles within football... 

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Celtic got hammered 3-0 by a an injury hit Zenit St Petersburg tonight and crash out of the Europa League.

You do seem to be a bit obsessed with it though.

Living up here the standard is pretty shocking though. Take my local club Arbroath, they survive on gates of a few hundred, are part time with little or no chance of ever getting into the Spl. Sandwiched between the 2 Dundee clubs Aberdoom and Brechin City and Forfar there are to many clubs. Plus a lot of the locals support Rangers or Celtic. There really on to a hiding to nothing. 

3 hours ago, stevep38 said:

Living up here the standard is pretty shocking though. Take my local club Arbroath, they survive on gates of a few hundred, are part time with little or no chance of ever getting into the Spl. Sandwiched between the 2 Dundee clubs Aberdoom and Brechin City and Forfar there are to many clubs. Plus a lot of the locals support Rangers or Celtic. There really on to a hiding to nothing. 

You could say exactly the same for a club like Bury in Greater Manchester. There are small clubs getting small gates in every country. Likewise the big clubs take support from all over. Juventus are well supported in every city in Italy for example.

8 hours ago, bris red said:

When comparable to country's of other similar size take Croatia for example, its actually not bad at all. Also say what you like about Celtic and Rangers, they are still two of the best supported clubs in Europe...

But then compare the standard of player they produce (over the last 20 years).

Croatia have modric/Rakitić/Perišić ... Scotland brown/fletcher/snodgrass.

The Croatian league is at that standard as all their best players leave. Scotlands is where it is as they don't produce decent players so they mostly end up staying there.

In the premier league there are only out  15-20 scottish players and only one that i can think of (off the top of my head)  that plays for a top six club. I can't imagine there are any scots playing elsewhere in Europe. 

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

Were you once taken up the wrong 'un by a hirsute highlander, or something?

9 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

The Croatian league is at that standard as all their best players leave. Scotlands is where it is as they don't produce decent players so they mostly end up staying there.

In the premier league there are only out  15-20 scottish players and only one that i can think of (off the top of my head)  that plays for a top six club. I can't imagine there are any scots playing elsewhere in Europe. 

How many English players are there in the PL?

11 hours ago, bris red said:

Well said. A lot of hatred for Celtic and Rangers comes from fans south of the border who are secretly jealous of their fanbases, and history, especially when you consider the quality of the football.

1 minute ago, Anglo-Welsh said:

Well said. A lot of hatred for Celtic and Rangers comes from fans south of the border who are secretly jealous of their fanbases, and history, especially when you consider the quality of the football.

It's more for the scummy fanbase I expect.

2 hours ago, cider-manc said:

And how many English players are playing in top flight leagues abroad? I find it shocking really giving our population and supposedly great status in world football that i can name only a handful of English lads abroad.. Jordan Sancho probably being the stand out at the moment but other than that it seems our players are not wanted particularly by top European clubs.

My point is if the roles were reversed and we had a population of Scotland would we be any better ? Not a chance.

4 minutes ago, bris red said:

And how many English players are playing in top flight leagues abroad? I find it shocking really giving our population and supposedly great status in world football that i can name only a handful of English lads abroad.. Jordan Sancho probably being the stand out at the moment but other than that it seems our players are not wanted particularly by top European clubs.

My point is if the roles were reversed and we had a population of Scotland would we be any better ? Not a chance.

They are so well paid in this country why would they want to move.

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Thanks Alexa / Siri :P

Archived