IGNORED

If we appointed Warnock in Feb 2016....where would we be now?

tinman85

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Johnson’s win rate is also improving at every club he’s been at (and must be better this season than every one before it). So the signs are that he is improving all the time.

I genuinely, truly can’t get my head around anyone who would rather have a 70 year old at the arse end of his career - who will be out of the game in a few years - over someone who genuinely loves the club, passionate about constantly improving,  part of a long term project of sustained improvement and has proven himself to be  learning from his mistakes, and who is already putting considerably more experienced managers than himself to shame. 

Who are these experienced managers he’s putting to shame

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Johnson’s win rate is also improving at every club he’s been at (and must be better this season than every one before it). So the signs are that he is improving all the time.

I genuinely, truly can’t get my head around anyone who would rather have a 70 year old at the arse end of his career - who will be out of the game in a few years - over someone who genuinely loves the club, passionate about constantly improving,  part of a long term project of sustained improvement and has proven himself to be  learning from his mistakes, and who is already putting considerably more experienced managers than himself to shame. 

Problem is we have some fans who'd rather have Gazza sign for us than a talented younster. Despite Gazza being 50 with a lot of personal issues.

All because Gazza has done more in the past than said theoretical prospect.

5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Who are these experienced managers he’s putting to shame

Well the vast majority of the league are less successful than us aren’t they? Many experienced managers are not performing as well as he is in his role. That’s a fact, not opinion   

Honestly it feels like a pointless discussion as it’s evident that there are a handful of people who clearly wouldn’t like LJ if we won the league by 50 points. 

9 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

You’re right. The policy of cycling though 5 managers a season has really been paying dividends for Leeds, Derby and Co. 

Its a valid point. Its a huge suprise to me still that we kept Johnson Jnr, that wouldn't have happened at many other clubs at this level if any.

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Well the vast majority of the league are less successful than us aren’t they? 

Honestly it feels like a pointless discussion as it’s evident that there are a handful of people who clearly wouldn’t like LJ if we won the league by 50 points. 

I like lee,It’s just the hate fest against Warnock that grinds my gears,the pompous oh know not at my club attitude 

1 minute ago, bris red said:

Its a valid point. Its a huge suprise to me still that we kept Johnson Jnr, that wouldn't have happened at many other clubs at this level if any.

Indeed. Lansdown deserves huge credit for sticking to his guns in the face of pressure. He’s being rightly commended for giving his manager time and faith by the media. 

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I like lee,It’s just the hate fest against Warnock that grinds my gears,the pompous oh know not at my club attitude 

Don’t you think the fact that so many people wouldn’t want him at their club says something though? It’s not just us - though obviously he has history between us and him plays it’s part. 

11 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Ahh so because he put reckon he’s not stating it as a fact :facepalm: and because I said Warnock would get us promoted it’s a fact,sorry about that soft lad

You stated we will lose all our best players.

Christ, the fact I'm having to spell this out doesn't reflect well on you, my 9 year old sister can grasp this.

Stating something will happen, and something could happen are not the same.

E.g "Joe Jordans Teeth will suddenly wrap his head around extremely basic English" does not mean the same as "Joe Jordans Teeth could one day wrap his head around extemely basic English".

If you still don't get it after this then I give up.

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Indeed. Lansdown deserves huge credit for sticking to his guns in the face of pressure. He’s being rightly commended for giving his manager time and faith by the media. 

Of course you cant argue with that as results do speak. Was it more luck than judgment though, who knows ay.

14 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

I cannot emphasise this enough... Neil Warnock is a manager for short term firefighting. He can get teams organised, motivated and playing above themselves. What he doesn't do is build a long term project, nurture young players and install/develop a footballing ethos. Warnock has done well at many clubs but how many of them has he made a lasting impact at? Sheff Utd, QPR, Notts County. All relegated immediately following promotion. Rotherham he kept up.. then they were relegated the following season with less than 30 points. 

Were we a club in free fall with a squad of talented but disorganised senior pros I'd be all for appointing Warnock. But we have a young side and are very much building a long term project. Colin wasn't what we needed.

on the flip side, it begs a question of how much money Colin had to play with during his times at Blades, Notts County. Plymouth, Rotherham, etc. I can't figure whether QPR had the riches of Croesus or the wealth of Vodka Bob to spend when he was there. Personally I think the bloke does a good job on a limited budget.

As for his tactics.... I know what people are saying, but I remember Glenn Hoddle once saying that he'd "rather win a trophy than a fair play award". On reflection I have to agree. 

2 minutes ago, bris red said:

Of course you cant argue with that as results do speak. Was it more luck than judgment though, who knows ay.

Well, it was a calculated decision by SL to stick and not twist. I think he had genuine faith in his man. It’s nice to see some long term thinking being rewarded regardless of the ultimate outcome this season. 

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

You stated we will lose all our best players.

Christ, the fact I'm having to spell this out doesn't reflect well on you, my 9 year old sister can grasp this.

Stating something will happen, and something could happen are not the same.

E.g "Joe Jordans Teeth will suddenly wrap his head around extremely basic English" does not mean the same as "Joe Jordans Teeth could one day wrap his head around extemely basic English".

If you still don't get it after this then I give up.

You still here

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

That's not the Fair Play table but a Fair Play table.

If you take the FA's Fair Play table for the Championship we are the 10th dirtiest (which includes points assigned to Matty Taylor's rescinded red card), Cardiff are 16th dirtiest.

Fair Play tables are merely a formula that takes red and yellow cards and gives a notional score.

Plus I’d also venture to suggest a team whose tactics involve a considerable amount of off the ball stuff that doesn’t ever get penalised, with a manager who has made a career out of trying to intimidate referees might well be a lot dirtier than the statistics actually show..

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Plus I’d also venture to suggest a team whose tactics involve a considerable amount of off the ball stuff that doesn’t ever get penalised, with a manager who has made a career out of trying to intimidate referees might well be a lot dirtier than the statistics actually show..

Don’t bring Alex Ferguson into this he’s retired 

47 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Strange how virtually no team has a complimentary thing to say about Cardiff’s overly aggressive way of playing the game.

Take Man City, despite beating them comfortably, there were still comments from players & management about having never played a team with such tactics before. Man City players injured for weeks / months, a Cardiff player sent-off unsurprisingly & it could / should of been sooner!

Colin is the expert at gamesmanship, getting his players fouling on the blindside of the officials & destroying games, if that’s the sort of football you like to be entertained by, that’s your prerogative but it’s definitely not for me!

Colin is a bully & that’s exactly what players he has playing for him & no it’s not ‘heart on sleeve’ type football, it’s barbaric with no concern for the health of any opposition player!

Sorry, not for me!

I've said nothing about "the sort of football I like." I simply put the - or "a" - Fair Play league standings into the pot along with all the stuff from people on what they think of Warnock and his "football." 

We have received more reds and yellows this season, which is a fact, as opposed to an opinion.

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

That's not the Fair Play table but a Fair Play table.

If you take the FA's Fair Play table for the Championship we are the 10th dirtiest (which includes points assigned to Matty Taylor's rescinded red card), Cardiff are 16th dirtiest.

Fair Play tables are merely a formula that takes red and yellow cards and gives a notional score.

News to me, this. Cheers! (But we're still a bit naughtier than Warnock, then).

8 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

I've said nothing about "the sort of football I like." I simply put the - or "a" - Fair Play league standings into the pot along with all the stuff from people on what they think of Warnock and his "football." 

We have received more reds and yellows this season, which is a fact, as opposed to an opinion.

Those stats must be wrong because pep liked the way we played football 

4 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

News to me, this. Cheers! (But we're still a bit naughtier than Warnock, then).

It does include 3 additional games for us...

Averages out at 7.07 bad boy points for us per game, 6.89 for Cardiff. This makes us 2.6% worse than them (including Matty Taylor's rescinded red card).

Personally, I think it's garbage. A system that makes spitting only 20% worse than getting sent off for two yellows is about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

21 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I know where I'd be.

Instead of sat at Ashton every other week, I'd be sat on my sofa at home.

I don't care whether he's second in the league or not. I have no desire to see that anti-football, serial moaning t!ts teams week in, week out - particularly as my team.

So, in answer to your question, where would we be? 

The royal we, and I suspect several other fans, would be nowhere near this football club.

Said this so many times. I dont get why people think its all a persona that he puts on.... he's a dick and i hate his teams and what he brings to the game.

Also to the guy who started this thread and who only appears when we struggle to snipe at LJ.. WTF???

Archived