IGNORED

If we appointed Warnock in Feb 2016....where would we be now?

tinman85

8 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Personally I think Neil would have had us promoted last season. Do you agree? Hope we thrash them on Sunday but got to hand it to NW. Crushing it now with an incredibly average squad. No disrespect to LJ but if we had appointed Neil in 2016 do you think we would have achieved more by now comparing funds spent and management skills? 

On a long-term basis he would be a disaster as he - understandably - isn't going to be anywhere for too long. Fair play to him for what he's done but he has done it in the complete opposite way to the way our club want to work. Not sure we'd have seen much of Brownhill, O'Dowda and Reid - for example - as he would have brought in effective journeymen on high years with no interest in the club. Fine when things are going well and a nightmare if they aren't.  If they go up Cardiff can expect another solitary season in the Premier League. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see them in league one in 3 or 4 years.

8 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I know where I'd be.

Instead of sat at Ashton every other week, I'd be sat on my sofa at home.

I don't care whether he's second in the league or not. I have no desire to see that anti-football, serial moaning t!ts teams week in, week out - particularly as my team.

So, in answer to your question, where would we be? 

The royal we, and I suspect several other fans, would be nowhere near this football club.

Strange comment when the majority of this forum wanted LJ gone a year ago! Nice to see the debate. It's better than the Sky show. I rate Warnock highly but dislike Cardiff. So I hope we stuff them despite many on here thinking otherwise. 

9 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Football is a results business. 

Is it? Do you really go to watch football and only enjoy it based on the result? If so, that's pretty sad...because the majority of football fans would be disappointed every season.

I've got friends who are Cardiff fans...they've said this season has been awful to watch, even though they've been winning. Bored out of their brains and embarrassed by the football they play. The don't think Warnock is good for the long term future of the club.

Would you seriously be proud to support City if they played the same way under Warnock and went up?

I'd rather be entertained and watch a team play football the correct way, than go up regardless.

It's a bit like being a millionaire and having no mates and a minging missus....what's the point?

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

Is it? Do you really go to watch football and only enjoy it based on the result? If so, that's pretty sad...because the majority of football fans would be disappointed every season.

I've got friends who are Cardiff fans...they've said this season has been awful to watch, even though they've been winning. Bored out of their brains and embarrassed by the football they play. The don't think Warnock is good for the long term future of the club.

Would you seriously be proud to support City if they played the same way under Warnock and went up?

I'd rather be entertained and watch a team play football the correct way, than go up regardless.

It's a bit like being a millionaire and having no mates and a minging missus....what's the point?

Have we met before???

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

Good point Spud. I enjoyed Wednesdays game for example a lot more than several we’ve won. 

Symptomatic of modern society - everyone so obsessed with the destination that they forget to open their eyes and enjoy the journey. Often the destination is the most disappointing part. 

The sad reality is....if we'd have kept hold of our lead v Sunderland and Leeds, then I highly doubt this thread would be open.

The encouraging fact is...we have a young, bright and energetic manager who is bought totally into this club and doing a job far beyond the expectation at the start of the season. I think he'll get us up, maybe this year, hopefully next. 

Rather that than a dinosaur. Cardiff will come straight back down if they go up with Colin.

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Good point Spud. I enjoyed Wednesdays game for example a lot more than several we’ve won. 

Symptomatic of modern society - everyone so obsessed with the destination that they forget to open their eyes and enjoy the journey. Often the destination is the most disappointing part. 

Exactly mate....enjoy the journey. Everyone obsessed with getting to a point in life, instead of just enjoying every day.

9 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Okay, but why wasn't there a Chris Wilder ****-a-thon early on in the season? Or a Slavisa Jokanovic (or whatever his name is) ****-a-thon?

Also, don't know how much truth there is in the idea that they've spent MUCH less than us. However you look at it, it's a total myth that Cardiff are operating on a shoestring budget.

Thirdly, would much rather watch this team than a Warnock side. Must be soul crushing week in week out. Would be ashamed to support the club with Warnock in charge.

There was a proper LJ love-in session too. However now, you'd think we had Sol Campbell in charge the way some go on :P

The media has driven football mad. Have two or three good games and all of a sudden you should be captain of England and are worth £100m. A manager wins a couple of games and suddenly he's Bill Shankly and Fergie's love child (Alex Ferguson that is, not the singer).

LJ is a really good young coach. Who I think one day will manage in the Prem (hopefully with us). I don't see the same future for wilder or Jokanovic. And Colin, well, he's just a dick.

10 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I know where I'd be.

Instead of sat at Ashton every other week, I'd be sat on my sofa at home.

I don't care whether he's second in the league or not. I have no desire to see that anti-football, serial moaning t!ts teams week in, week out - particularly as my team.

The royal we, and I suspect several other fans, would be nowhere near this football club.

Have a hundred recommends.

I do find it amusing how some posters seem to completely down play Warnock and Cardiff as a joke, like they are the worst team in the league and its only a matter of time before it all comes crashing down and they disappear into oblivion. I also laugh how some posters believe we are the new face of 'how it should be done'. The Man City and United performances have almost brainwashed some people on here

Ive even seen posters talking about how they would 'rather have our long term project' and they are even using that bullshit term 'DNA'. 

We have come on leaps and bounds over the last couple of years, so credit to the club for that, however there are still plenty of clubs who have done things quicker then us, and with less resource to their name. Bournemouth and Burnley being two I can think off, and I personally think Brentford will finish above us this year. Their set up is excellent

Warnock...as much as a nob jockey he is, has done an outstanding job at Cardiff. We will never know what kind of a job he would have done here...but it does make me smile when posters almost look down on other clubs, by making out we play this ground breaking brand of football, and everyone else should aspire to be like us

8 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

We have come on leaps and bounds over the last couple of years, so credit to the club for that, however there are still plenty of clubs who have done things quicker then us, and with less resource to their name. Bournemouth and Burnley being two I can think off, and I personally think Brentford will finish above us this year. Their set up is excellent

Bournemouth did it with less resources? They did it with a pocket full of Russian rubles and a breach of Financial Fair Play.

If Cardiff go up they'll struggle and go straight back down and have to do it all over again.

When we go up I can see us actually staying up there and becoming an established top flight club. 

The way we are going about it is spot on, promotion might not be this season.. be it looks likely to happen in the near future. 

Warnock gets teams to where they wanna be, but this time next year if there bottom of the premier league he'll be gone. 

12 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Are you basing this on his resounding recent success at that point..?!

He had performed a good rescue mission at Rotherham, but nothing to suggest he was about to lead any team to promotion.

His 3 jobs prior to that, were spactacular failures. 

I would have been devestated in my club, had we appointed Colin at that time. 

He won the Championship title with QPR within his previous three full time managerial roles prior to being Rotherham boss...

12 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Personally I think Neil would have had us promoted last season. Do you agree? Hope we thrash them on Sunday but got to hand it to NW. Crushing it now with an incredibly average squad. No disrespect to LJ but if we had appointed Neil in 2016 do you think we would have achieved more by now comparing funds spent and management skills? 

Let’s not forget that at the time "Colin" took charge Cardiff had parachute payments....that would’ve been extremely attractive. 

5E87C33A-D07B-4E70-90A2-33038C88DF43.thumb.jpeg.a792e92dd10e33222229e89a190ff680.jpeg

I look at that squad and whatever you say about him not spending much cannot be true.  Even freebies, will sign gave a signing on fee and wages.

How much are the likes of Bamba and Morrison on?  Jazz Richards, signed from a Prem club?  What about the loan of Grujic (bet he’s on far more than homegrown Kent)?  Pilkington?  Hoilett? 

All of those listed above are likely to be in more than our highest paid player, some twice as much!!  I’m sure there are others on similar amounts to our highest paid player.

I still think he’s done a very good job, but he’s been well funded.

15 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I do find it amusing how some posters seem to completely down play Warnock and Cardiff as a joke, like they are the worst team in the league and its only a matter of time before it all comes crashing down and they disappear into oblivion. I also laugh how some posters believe we are the new face of 'how it should be done'. The Man City and United performances have almost brainwashed some people on here

Ive even seen posters talking about how they would 'rather have our long term project' and they are even using that bullshit term 'DNA'. 

Warnock...as much as a nob jockey he is, has done an outstanding job at Cardiff. We will never know what kind of a job he would have done here...but it does make me smile when posters almost look down on other clubs, by making out we play this ground breaking brand of football, and everyone else should aspire to be like us

“Like”

11 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I don't think anyone is 'looking down on other clubs' or any of the other assertions you make. They're saying they like the way our club is progressing, generally playing entertaining football, developing players, as opposed to doing it the Neanderthal way. Colin may well get Cardiff up but he'll be sacked during the season as he's useless at that level, and Cardiff like other teams he's got up end up in a bit of a mess!

17 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Too true great post

11 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

The royal we, and I suspect several other fans, would be nowhere near this football club....

Until he got us promoted to the Premier League and then you/they would sneak back in....and it’s interesting that you were very ‘anti boycotting the club’ when others on here said they wouldn’t come back until LJ was gone last season, you were posting stuff along the lines of “I’m a City fan and will support them no matter what and through all situations” - yet here you are now advocating a boycott if NW was in charge...strange...

Archived