IGNORED

Am I Being Annoyed For No Reason?

TBW

OK, so we go into the stadium, scan our season cards, happy days the game is going to begin shortly. Let's get the three points.

I get to the bottom of the stairs to head to my seat... "Can we see your ticket please?" Urrrgghh. I literally just put it away. Why?

I get to the top of the stairs, less than 15 steps onwards... "Can we see your tickets please?" What the ****? Deja Vu. I just put it away again!

Finally there's the pitch! 

Why is every steward en-route to the pitch checking my ticket? It's a hassle and makes me feel a bit of a criminal. Do they often find people without one? Seems a bit excessive. I just wanna try enjoy the game, not have to get my ticket out three times.

11 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

Blame people who don't go where they are suppose to.

People without singing section tickets constantly try and get into the singing section and then when they fail take up the nearest seats to it so they can try again once the stewards backs are turned.

I see it every single game.

And people with tickets to those seats can't just tell them to move?

34 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

I'm sure they could but I think it's the stewards trying to avoid the situation in the first place.

Im guessing it's this as I don't get asked as many times when entering the singing section from the dolman side as i do entering it where the unresevered seats meets the rest of the ss.

12 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

Somtimes it's easier to just sit in the nearest empty seats for some unknown reason Middle Aged blokes think there intiltled to sit were they want and not worth the agro happend twice to me this season sit in s24 heard a bloke saying he can sit were he wants in s24 because he's got a unreserved season ticket in s24 and s25 and if Somone tell his to move he'll show them who's boss :facepalm: back to OP seems like they just check people going up steps towards the singing section because of tools who think they can sit were they want, but there is no need for both sets of stewards to check I think there just told to so you don't go the wrong side for your specific block 

16 minutes ago, dunsteral said:

so why do they check them in the lansdown stand as well?

Because you’ve paid considerably more than others for a Lansdown ticket, and they don’t want those who have bought cheaper tickets elsewhere then giving themselves a free upgrade when the Lansdown isn’t sold out. 

14 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Because you’ve paid considerably more than others for a Lansdown ticket, and they don’t want those who have bought cheaper tickets elsewhere then giving themselves a free upgrade when the Lansdown isn’t sold out. 

Yes, that would be dreadful wouldn' it?  Fancy loyal City fans being able to upgrade when there are empty seats in the more expensive blocks.  Absolutely outrageous. 

8 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I'm in S22 and never been asked for ticket even if I enter SS via other blocks in it.

It wouldn't bother me TBH as we get it regularly away from home.

Usually the kids in the kiosks don't even ask to see SC's anymore, they just ask if I'm an SC holder.

1 hour ago, Robin TBW said:

OK, so we go into the stadium, scan our season cards, happy days the game is going to begin shortly. Let's get the three points.

I get to the bottom of the stairs to head to my seat... "Can we see your ticket please?" Urrrgghh. I literally just put it away. Why?

I get to the top of the stairs, less than 15 steps onwards... "Can we see your tickets please?" What the ****? Deja Vu. I just put it away again!

Finally there's the pitch! 

Why is every steward en-route to the pitch checking my ticket? It's a hassle and makes me feel a bit of a criminal. Do they often find people without one? Seems a bit excessive. I just wanna try enjoy the game, not have to get my ticket out three times.

It bugs me too, especially as it's the same two guys checking my ticket every game.

It must be working though as a chap that used to stand by us had a ticket elsewhere but always got in with us - haven't seen him the last 4 or 5 games. 

10 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Yes, that would be dreadful wouldn' it?  Fancy loyal City fans being able to upgrade when there are empty seats in the more expensive blocks.  Absolutely outrageous. 

To be fair why should you sit in a more expensive seat if you’ve paid for a cheaper one? Seems reasonable to me. 

46 minutes ago, Milan djurichimovic said:

Somtimes it's easier to just sit in the nearest empty seats for some unknown reason Middle Aged blokes think there intiltled to sit were they want and not worth the agro happend twice to me this season sit in s24 heard a bloke saying he can sit were he wants in s24 because he's got a unreserved season ticket in s24 and s25 and if Somone tell his to move he'll show them who's boss :facepalm: 

But the section is unreserved so people can sit wherever they want - even middle aged blokes. 

19 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Yeah lets all buy cheap tickets and rob the club of income. Great plan.

49 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

What's loyalty got to do with it? I shop in Tesco every week, doesn't earn me the right to take Finest and only pay for Value.

17 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

What's loyalty got to do with it? I shop in Tesco every week, doesn't earn me the right to take Finest and only pay for Value.

Exactly. Bizarre argument. There’s a range of seating options - take your pick and sit in the seat you’ve paid for. 

Would you pay for a normal room in a hotel and then expect to be given the honeymoon suite because it’s empty? Or buy an economy ticket on a plane and take it upon yourself to sit in business class because there’s a spare seat? 

Bizarre argument. 

Archived