IGNORED

Important info re Cardiff Train Travel

Aaron-Bcfc

For anyone like myself that purchased the 8:48am train to Cardiff Sunday from Temple Meads, be aware this has now been cancelled with no notice or explanation. The train still shows as leaving from Parkway but there's nothing on GWR's website or Trainline to suggest that the route from Temple Meads ever even existed. 

A replacement bus has been put on at 7:30am from TM to Parkway, a whole 1 hour 20 minutes before the train was scheduled to depart. Essentially it seems they're hoping many football fans will show up at TM Sunday to find out their train has been cancelled and that the replacement bus left 1 hour prior.

Wouldn't be surprised if the train from Parkway suddenly disappeared from existence either so worth keeping an eye on it.

Hello, following this being raised to my attention I’ve just been on the phone to GWR as I have booked the exact same tickets. They have told me that indeed there are no trains running from Bristol Temple Meads at this time but said that the train from Parkway at 8:53 is definitely still on and advised me to get this one. This will drop us into Newport where we will then be transferred to the coach so fingers crossed this will be alright.

6 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Daft question perhaps but why would you get the train you can’t have a beer beforehand and are you really going to want to hang around after and make a day of it? Wouldn’t driving be easier / cheaper and more risk free ? 

Train and Bus only needs a slight issue and you will miss the match or at least first half.

Be easy to park on a Sunday morning in the centre, St David’s shopping centre for example ?

Because people want to get pissed up? What do you mean there's no time to drink? Wetherspoons for open at 7am for breakfast and pints, lift to Parkway at half 8, lots of bottles for the journey and then into the ground.

Archived