IGNORED

Ignore Warnock. Support City.

Rich

As the thread states, ignore Warnock and concentrate on supporting City and giving his team stick. He's not on the pitch but, his influence gets on the pitch. The more people react to his comments the less they concentrate on firing up City. He doesn't do it to hinder his teams, does he?

Anyone attending is better off singing, "we love you Warnock, we do", followed by a rousing COYR. That would mess with his head.

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

As the thread states, ignore Warnock and concentrate on supporting City and giving his team stick. He's not on the pitch but, his influence gets on the pitch. The more people react to his comments the less they concentrate on firing up City.

So why have you reacted then? Starve him of oxygen. Nothing to see here. Close thread.

14 minutes ago, Hellfire Corner said:

So why have you reacted then? Starve him of oxygen. Nothing to see here. Close thread.

I have not reacted to anything, I'm being proactive in suggesting a tactic at the game. Rather than hurling abuse at him, which deflects from our support of our team, try a different tact.

29 minutes ago, Rich said:

As the thread states, ignore Warnock and concentrate on supporting City and giving his team stick. He's not on the pitch but, his influence gets on the pitch. The more people react to his comments the less they concentrate on firing up City. He doesn't do it to hinder his teams, does he?

Anyone attending is better off singing, "we love you Warnock, we do", followed by a rousing COYR. That would mess with his head.

Maybe we should sing about what a fantastic job he’s done at the taffs,confuse the shit out of them

1 hour ago, swanker said:

There’s nothing like giving Warnock a bit of stick. As much as he says he doesn’t take notice, you can be sure he does. 

He does take notice and he loves it,in his book and when he’s radio he talks about our passion down here,don’t confuse his hatred for the Johnson’s  and the respect he has for our fans

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Too right. They`ll be suggesting we don`t give Skeletor grief next.

Games gone.:disapointed2se:

I know it's nice to give a bit of stick, I do it. All I'm saying is that for the times Warnock is being chanted at/Sang to or whatever, that's times when our team are not receiving the backing they need. It's such an old trick by managers, take the flack yourself and let the team have an easier time, Warnock aint on the pitch, his players are. If you would rather focus your attention on Warnock than shouting encouragement to our boys, then fine, carry on.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

I know it's nice to give a bit of stick, I do it. All I'm saying is that for the times Warnock is being chanted at/Sang to or whatever, that's times when our team are not receiving the backing they need. It's such an old trick by managers, take the flack yourself and let the team have an easier time, Warnock aint on the pitch, his players are. If you would rather focus your attention on Warnock than shouting encouragement to our boys, then fine, carry on.

Having said that, if we're winning comfortably, give him as much grief as possible.

3 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He does take notice and he loves it,in his book and when he’s radio he talks about our passion down here,don’t confuse his hatred for the Johnson’s  and the respect he has for our fans

I actually quite like the bloke. He’s good for the game he’s achieved a lot and he sometimes makes me laugh. A winner and real pantomime baddie! 

2 minutes ago, swanker said:

I actually quite like the bloke. He’s good for the game he’s achieved a lot and he sometimes makes me laugh. A winner and real pantomime baddie! 

Same as how I feel about him, when he retires his character will be missed. He loves the banter and usually he stuff he moans at I think he has fair point to moan

3 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

Same as how I feel about him, when he retires his character will be missed. He loves the banter and usually he stuff he moans at I think he has fair point to moan

One of the few managers I would love to meet and talk football over a few beers with. I should imagine he can be quite charming at times. 

I hate the way his teams play, everything from their style to their gamesmanship. 

I do respect him for his results and his ability to get the maximum from his players. 

I’ve rarely heard him praise opposition and he loves to play the victim which is often sour grapes of the highest order. But again his reverse psychology has to be admired to a degree. 

I’ll hate him tomorrow and fall in to his trap like many of us and I’ll hate his after match interviews which will be quite predictable depending how the result goes. 

But within a few weeks I’ll grudgingly respect the old git again. 

Seems to be an assumption that giving Warnock some stick would come at the expense of encouragement for our own players. I suspect the players understand the rivalry, would no doubt love to get one over him, and it would probably spur them on as much as any other chant or song. I’m going to tomorrow and can’t wait to give Warnock some stick, it’s all part of the occasion.

15 hours ago, swanker said:

Kinda with you.  People take him far too seriously.  His tactics, playing style, and the kind of gamesmanship he employs mean I never enjoy games against his teams in a footballing sense though (give me the City v Fulham every time).  For pantomime he can't be beat.

22 minutes ago, swanker said:

Pensioner agro. 

Would be worth taking a punch or two to be able to land one on the face of that bastard.

Trouble is, it wouldn't notice on that ugly munter! 

There has always been animosity between that horrible git and city fans and the club as a whole. Why ANY city fan would have anything but loathing for this horrible man is beyond me!

Archived