IGNORED

The Cardiff City FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 34

Septic Peg

Not a good match, up to now: long balls, a lot of tackles, and few chances (more for Cardiff).

Diony is running here and there, but he's not helping Fammy like Reid can do: that's why I'd change Lois with Walsh or Kent (sending Bobby forward) or with Pato (leaving Bobby in the midfield).

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

A shocking game made even worse by the cheating of Warnock's team as usual.

But the alarming thing is it brings it home that if you remove Wolves, Derby and Villa and the standard of the teams vying for the other play off places is poor.

The irony is that if we actually went there and played our game, rather than trying to do an imitation of theirs, they're there for the taking. 

1 minute ago, Dan Robin said:

Not a good match to watch, up to now: long balls, a lot of tackles, and few chances (more for Cardiff).

Diony is running here and there, but he's not helping Fammy like Reid can do: that's why I'd change Lois with Walsh or Kent (sending Bobby forward) or with Pato (leaving Bobby in the midfield).

Yep Diony off, Bobby up top with Fam and Walsh into midfield. I honestly can't see what Diony is offering at all? 

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Diony is so poor.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, his desperate sliding tackles are going to cost us a red card in the very near future.

I’m expecting to see better things from him, and hope that he is just ‘trying too hard’, but what I find very concerning is that he just seems to have no touch, no control - and that should be second nature to any player at this level.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

In a game with actual tackling, you are kidding?.

Trouble is, with no runners forward, we're just resulting to long ball, which is playing right into their hands. One of Kent or Pato and/or Bobby further forward gets some pace in advanced positions. Can't see how we're going to break them down unless we have some energy in the final third. They will mop up anything and everything we can pump forward.

2 minutes ago, boadle said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, his desperate sliding tackles are going to cost us a red card in the very near future.

I’m expecting to see better things from him, and hope that he is just ‘trying too hard’, but what I find very concerning is that he just seems to have no touch, no control - and that should be second nature to any player at this level.

He's been woeful, for me. He's offered absolutely nothing, at all, and has the touch of a pub player. 

(Hat trick inbound second half - more than happy for this to happen and for me to look like a****)

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yep Diony off, Bobby up top with Fam and Walsh into midfield. I honestly can't see what Diony is offering at all? 

You maybe right but I suspect even Aguero would struggle with the less than hopeful punts that he and Diedhiou who is almost as poor today, have had to try to control.

I cannot recall one single cross from us, Bryan is not getting forward because Magnússon has already made 2 really poor mistakes.

Archived