IGNORED

6 wins - Play Offs?

Jacky Boy

Although we are on a terrible run of form, if we somehow managed to win half of our remaining games there is still a reasonable chance we can claim sixth place.

The average points tally to make Championship play off's is 73 points and the potential required points tally this season could be low.

Plenty of doom and gloom about at the moment so am I looking for any positives!

With so many clubs vying for that last spot you may be right,  but getting the next win soon is the most important thing now, this is a really bad run disguised by picking up the odd point here and there, and the failure of others to take advantage.

A twelve game mini league to play, and our current form doesn't make us favourites to win it.

24 minutes ago, Jacky Boy said:

Although we are on a terrible run of form, if we somehow managed to win half of our remaining games there is still a reasonable chance we can claim sixth place.

The average points tally to make Championship play off's is 73 points and the potential required points tally this season could be low.

Very surprised if 73 points is enough.  

58 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We haven't lost a place today . We remain in sixth.

We just need a break somewhere to get a win .

It is still in our hands and after such poor form since 2018 it goes to show that other clubs aren't that great either .

Let's get behind the lads for the final stretch.

It is in our hands but at the moment I just can't see where we're going to pick up a win at the moment and that's with other clubs below us slowly catching us.  We seem to be our worst enemy when we go through bad patches like this.

Although we played well against Fulham, which showed the quality we have, one area that is still lacking is our ability to finish the chances we create. 

I still have faith that we can end this bad form at some point but that is why it frustrates me more at the moment because it looks like we're going to drop out of the playoffs and it'll be too late.

I think unless there is a drastic change in mentality then we have no chance of a play off spot. I'm worried we may fall out of contention and with the pressure off start playing our test football again. 

I really want to see that team that are up for the big games come back and treat every game that way, right now I have no idea where they've gone. 

The same people saying we don’t have a chance at getting a play off place we’re the same people saying we would go down last year...... 

As someone said above, the teams outside chasing aren’t exactly in sincilating form themselves. There’s a long way to go and the teams we’ve got left to play are more generous than what others have imo. 

I reckon we’ll be in the top 6 come May. 

28 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

73 won`t be enough IMO. It`s going to be around 77/78 I think.

11 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Exactly what I worked out. Previous averages are irrelevant

Chaps, if sixth place finishes on 77pts and we DON'T make the play offs that' going to mean, at the very least, one of Boro or Sheffield U getting another 25pts from their final 12 games. 

With respect given both those teams form at the moment that looks extremely unlikely. Any team below them would be looking at 26pts + from 12 games.  Maybe 8 or 9 wins from 12 games, very unlikely. 

I think 73 ish pts may be more realistic.

4 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

Unless the team find some form pretty sharpish we won’t make the playoffs and on current form there would be little point, what happened to the performances of just a couple of months ago?

Don’t worry mucker we’re not the only team who dips out of form. 

Wolves are in a tricky patch since the turn of the year (compared to there usual standards)

Cardiff has blip before Christmas 

Derby are on just about the same form as us

Fulham started the season slow

Villa same as Fulham 

Preston same as Fulham/villa but not had a serious run of wins like the two above

Middlesbrough dropped towards the end of Monks tenure and haven’t hit serious form since tiny penis arrived

Sheff Utd dropped off around the time we played them 

Leeds when they beat us at AG they were looking strong for promotion. Bad run of games and they have slid away

Ipswish and Norwich can’t string wins together even though Ipswich started bright nothing magnificent has happened since then. 

But we’re the only team who’s had a bad run of results in the top half......

4 hours ago, Jacky Boy said:

Which dream world do you live in? 

The way we're going, we'll be lucky to win two. 

2 hours ago, Spike said:

I think unless there is a drastic change in mentality then we have no chance of a play off spot. I'm worried we may fall out of contention and with the pressure off start playing our test football again. 

I really want to see that team that are up for the big games come back and treat every game that way, right now I have no idea where they've gone. 

Didn’t see Wednesday’s game then?

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Chaps, if sixth place finishes on 77pts and we DON'T make the play offs that' going to mean, at the very least, one of Boro or Sheffield U getting another 25pts from their final 12 games. 

With respect given both those teams form at the moment that looks extremely unlikely. Any team below them would be looking at 26pts + from 12 games.  Maybe 8 or 9 wins from 12 games, very unlikely. 

I've still got us down for 76 points and that should be plenty. If that's not enough though for top 6 then so be it, it will still have been a hell of a season. Need to buck our ideas up and quickly though but like you say lots of people aren't taking into consideration the form of those around us, top 6 is still a real possibility. 

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

Exactly what I worked out. Previous averages are irrelevant

Previous stats are far from irrelevant, facts show that is unlikely any team currently below will have a win ratio above 60% for the remaining games. The problem is we need to we half our games!

Can't see anything more than a painful slide into mid table at the moment. We are a team with no plan B, injuries to key players and no strength in depth. I'd take finishing the 10th, but next season we'll be back to 16th or 17th when we lose Flint, Bryan and Reid....and maybe others.

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Thanks for saving me the bother of explaining the details.  Your way of looking at it is spot on.  Unless someone does as you describe then 73 will probably be enough.  75 should be our target though.  6 wins,  3 draws.  We have now played the rest of the top 6 home and away plus Leeds.  Personally I think we're stronger than the likes of Preston, Brentford, Sheff U.  Only side that worries me is Middlesboro.  Get the better of those sides and beat the sides we should then we'll do it.  Having said all that, we need to return to what we do well.  If we can get going again whilst getting the likes of O'Dowda, Piasano and Duric back to their best, we'll have a good chance in the play offs.  

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

73 won`t be enough IMO. It`s going to be around 77/78 I think.

No chance, not this season abd with the remaining fixtures. 73 will be plenty good enough. That said, we will need to pick wins up quickly srarting with Sheff Wed who we simply must beat. I firmly believe  we are good enough but we need to get our mojo back and quickly. We have given ourselves a fantastic opportunity of making the prayoffs in what is a very open year. We may not get this chance again for some time. To Lee, the players and all the fans, lets not miss out ! COYR's !!!

15 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

The same people saying we don’t have a chance at getting a play off place we’re the same people saying we would go down last year...... 

As someone said above, the teams outside chasing aren’t exactly in sincilating form themselves. There’s a long way to go and the teams we’ve got left to play are more generous than what others have imo. 

I reckon we’ll be in the top 6 come May. 

Traditionally we are poor in Jan and Feb. Now March is here I'm sure all will be fine 

Archived