IGNORED

Makes you think

RedNight

Just watching the league cup final and thinking about what a great season we've had.

Yet people on here after a loss to 2nd in the league calling for Johnsons head or warning him to be careful, despite still sitting in 6th place, punching above our weight.

Average history 

Average money spent 

Average home / away attendances 

Young squad & manager. 

So yes, punching above our weight. 

Instead of coming on here and blasting squad and staff. Pull your head out your arses and realise we're having a great season and get behind the club!!!! 

Im f**cking fed up of our fans thinking we just deserve to be where we are and not treating it like an unbelievable season. We've beaten Man United for f**ks sake.

Just get behind them and don't ridicule I beg you!!!! 

YOU REDSS

1 hour ago, RedNight said:

Instead of coming on here and blasting squad and staff. Pull your head out your arses and realise we're having a great season and get behind the club!!!!

First ever post here. I’ve observed otib for a while and never liked the knee jerk posts that largely dominate the forum

This post is spot on. I have watched city for 17 years now - 12 of them as season ticket. I have watched, mostly, utter shite but this year the boys have been fantastic. The Man U game at home will NEVER be forgotten

We are Sixth in and in the last 1/4 of the season, and our fixture list is easy compared to others around us. 

It is in our own hands. We have Bobby Reid and Korey. We have Flinty and Baker. We have Maggers. Joey. 

Best team I’ve seen in my time watching city and believe me I’ve seen some shite

keep the faith 

Apart from the incredible league one champions season, it’s been the most enjoyable season for about a decade....the results have been crazy, yet mostly great!

As the much maligned, yet successful gnarly old rocker, Jon Bon Jovi crooned:

“It’s a bitch and life’s a rollercoaster ride, the ups and downs will make you scream sometimes, it’s hard believing when the thrill is gone, but we’ve gotta go around again, so let’s hold on....”

I think he obviously wrote that about Bristol City! But look at this season....

August - we lose at the hopelessly shite Birmingham City yet won 2-3 away at Premier League Watford

September - pretty faultless! Win away at the Royals, draw at Molineux when we should have won and beat another Prem side

October - draw against Burton yet beat a Prem side 4-1! In the league a hideous home defeat but two away wins!

November - we dick Cardiff at home! Back down to earth v PNE at home...then 2-0 down at Hull but we win 2-3!

December - beat potential play off rivals Blades and Boro...knock the world’s most famous team out of the cup...complete double over the Royals...throw it away against Wolves...

January - 5-0 thrashing at Villa, Happy New Year! Great efforts vs Man City, but only stuffing Holloway to keep us happy...

February - oh dear....just throwing away leads...but a creditable performance vs Fulham, then we lose to wily Warnock...

It’s great being a Bristol City fan....we turn up at every stadium, home and away, knowing full well that all three results are entirely possible, every week! At least it’s never boring!

Jon Bon Jovi had it spot on I reckon!

8 hours ago, RedNight said:

Just watching the league cup final and thinking about what a great season we've had.

Yet people on here after a loss to 2nd in the league calling for Johnsons head or warning him to be careful, despite still sitting in 6th place, punching above our weight.

Average history 

Average money spent 

Average home / away attendances 

Young squad & manager. 

So yes, punching above our weight. 

Im f**cking fed up of our fans thinking we just deserve to be where we are and not treating it like an unbelievable season. We've beaten Man United for f**ks sake.

Just get behind them and don't ridicule I beg you!!!! 

YOU REDSS

Do you think we have this opportunity when Bryan Flint Brownhill Reid et al have been poached? maybe. But maybe not. I'm all over getting behind our team as this is the best chance we have had since 76. This is not a dress rehearsal it's real now!

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Apart from the incredible league one champions season, it’s been the most enjoyable season for about a decade....the results have been crazy, yet mostly great!

As the much maligned, yet successful gnarly old rocker, Jon Bon Jovi crooned:

“It’s a bitch and life’s a rollercoaster ride, the ups and downs will make you scream sometimes, it’s hard believing when the thrill is gone, but we’ve gotta go around again, so let’s hold on....”

I think he obviously wrote that about Bristol City! But look at this season....

August - we lose at the hopelessly shite Birmingham City yet won 2-3 away at Premier League Watford

September - pretty faultless! Win away at the Royals, draw at Molineux when we should have won and beat another Prem side

October - draw against Burton yet beat a Prem side 4-1! In the league a hideous home defeat but two away wins!

November - we dick Cardiff at home! Back down to earth v PNE at home...then 2-0 down at Hull but we win 2-3!

December - beat potential play off rivals Blades and Boro...knock the world’s most famous team out of the cup...complete double over the Royals...throw it away against Wolves...

January - 5-0 thrashing at Villa, Happy New Year! Great efforts vs Man City, but only stuffing Holloway to keep us happy...

February - oh dear....just throwing away leads...but a creditable performance vs Fulham, then we lose to wily Warnock...

It’s great being a Bristol City fan....we turn up at every stadium, home and away, knowing full well that all three results are entirely possible, every week! At least it’s never boring!

Jon Bon Jovi had it spot on I reckon!

Halfway there ,

Living on a prayer  .

Ive largely dodged the forum recently as it's contents were pretty predictable. We have had a bad run..... every club has a bad run (but some on here seem top have conveniently forgotten that. We have however punched far above our weight, and we are still in 6th place.... despite our poor run.

A season is measured over a season....this one has been the best for a many a moon... and we still have fans moaning and complaining. Some people just love being miserable

1 hour ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Ive largely dodged the forum recently as it's contents were pretty predictable. We have had a bad run..... every club has a bad run (but some on here seem top have conveniently forgotten that. We have however punched far above our weight, and we are still in 6th place.... despite our poor run.

A season is measured over a season....this one has been the best for a many a moon... and we still have fans moaning and complaining. Some people just love being miserable

I don't think anyone's doubting it's been a good season on the whole. What frustrates many of us is that an excellent chance of being promoted to the Premier League is looking like being squandered by a series of poor decisions... again.

20 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I don't think anyone's doubting it's been a good season on the whole. What frustrates many of us is that an excellent chance of being promoted to the Premier League is looking like being squandered by a series of poor decisions... again.

I'm not convinced its been entirely down to poor decisions . LJs  hands have been tied by the very lengthy injury list. The only long term injury making his way back is Famara, who was replaced yesterday because he felt a twinge in his knee, the same knee that he was out with. Now it looks like Baker will be out again.................:facepalm:

I accept that not filling the RB berth seemed a bit odd. It's meant that hes had to move Wright or Smith out there which unbalances the team. I'd like to hear from him why he didn't get a RB in during the window.

He was definitely pissed off yesterday when the team didn't play in the style he wants. Why was that? Was it down to LJ or down to the players? He told them post match that if they won't play in his style then he'll find players that will. It'll be interesting to see how they perform against the Owls on Saturday.

26 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

You need to look at the bigger picture.  Our chance is not being affected by a series of poor decisions, it is being affected by the impact of a massive cup run and possibly the worst injury situation I have known in 50 years of supporting City.  To think that we have been without Diedhiou, Pisano, O'Neill, Djuric, Taylor, Hegeler and O'Dowda for long periods of the season, yet we have beaten Man Utd and taken Man City the distance and are still in the play-off positions just shows what a remarkable job the management team have done this season.  Yes, I'm sure a few mistakes have been made along the way, but the positives certainly outweigh the negatives.  Did you really think that a squad that has been as badly affected as ours has was just going to stroll to promotion?  How fans can complain about the present position absolutely defeats me.

46 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

You need to look at the bigger picture.  Our chance is not being affected by a series of poor decisions, it is being affected by the impact of a massive cup run and possibly the worst injury situation I have known in 50 years of supporting City.  To think that we have been without Diedhiou, Pisano, O'Neill, Djuric, Taylor, Hegeler and O'Dowda for long periods of the season, yet we have beaten Man Utd and taken Man City the distance and are still in the play-off positions just shows what a remarkable job the management team have done this season.  Yes, I'm sure a few mistakes have been made along the way, but the positives certainly outweigh the negatives.  Did you really think that a squad that has been as badly affected as ours has was just going to stroll to promotion?  How fans can complain about the present position absolutely defeats me.

I don't think we've been any more badly affected with injuries than other clubs in the division. O'Neill, Djuric, Taylor and Hegeler? Hardly key players, are they. And no one can use the excuse that we have no budget compared to other clubs. Obviously we don't have the resources of the Aston Villas of this world, but we do have resources - we've just used them poorly. Engvall? Waste of a wage. Woodrow? Waste of a wage. Diony? Waste of a wage. Eliasson? Waste of a wage. Liam Walsh? Hardly being used. Why didn't any of that money go on a right back? Or a half-decent striker?

This season will indeed go down as a memorable one. And yet, were we to finish outside the play-offs after all of that pre-Christmas promise, I'll remember it as a huge anti-climax.

Archived