IGNORED

Weather (Merged)

BcfcDuncs

4 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

No offence, but there are those of us that have been hit by the beast already and are continuing as normal

We get the beast from the east almost every February. ATM it's minus 11 and will go down to minus 20 overnight and nothing stops. My wife was in Moscow last week and it was minus 41. needless to say she was glad to get back to Tallinn.   After watching Points West tonight, and the expected snow and freezing rain in the Bristol area. I think there is a real possibility of the game being called off.

21 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Why do people get so dramatic about the weather?

The headlines in the news etc are laughable this week

At present nothing has hit the Bristol area, places around it have had snow and life is carrying on. The roads will get gritted and cleared, the pitch will be ok

The only problem is if the stands become slippery, it is hardly an armageddon scenario

Hardley dramatic when there is a red weather warning for Somerset.  Slim chance the game being on . But still hopeful 

• Admin
7 minutes ago, BcfcDuncs said:

Hardley dramatic when there is a red weather warning for Somerset.  Slim chance the game being on . But still hopeful 

I thought the only RED warning was in Scotland? 

Good job we'e nnot playing in Somerset tomorrow 

15 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I saw a red warning had been issued for the South West earlier today, have they reduced that to just Somerset now?

Devon, Somerset and Wales last I heard.

When they say it's the first ever Red Warning :shocking: issued by the Met. Office for the South West it shouldn't be taken too seriously, I'm pretty sure these warnings have only existed for a few years.

We really need to play this game whilst Wednesday have injuries and will be tired from midweek, but the weather and forecasts are not looking promising.

Wednesday fans will need to leave reasonably early on Saturday, so I expect a decision will be made around 9am on Saturday morning.

Pitch will be fine.  Not so sure about ice in the stands or if the surrounding roads will be deemed OK.  Looking 50/50 at the moment I think.

Sorry to be the voice of doom but there is not a cat in hells chance of the game being on.

With 2 days of extreme weather predicted for our area it is not a realistic possibility for snow ice etc to thaw overnight on Friday and be back to normal for a Saturday kick off.

The authorities would just not take the chance -freezing rain is even being bandied about for Saturday on some reports.

Only ever encountered that once and fell over from  my front door to the street it is extremely dangerous.

6 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Sorry to be the voice of doom but there is not a cat in hells chance of the game being on.

With 2 days of extreme weather predicted for our area it is not a realistic possibility for snow ice etc to thaw overnight on Friday and be back to normal for a Saturday kick off.

The authorities would just not take the chance -freezing rain is even being bandied about for Saturday on some reports.

Only ever encountered that once and fell over from  my front door to the street it is extremely dangerous.

I'm not convinced either.  There is also the matter of whether A&S will want to commit resources to policing a football match when Somerset is set to be hit by heavy snow

33 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

We had freezing rain the day of the Bristol derby, must have been early 90’s, you couldn’t actually see the ice until you walked on it and fell over!

27 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

We had freezing rain the day of the Bristol derby, must have been early 90’s, you couldn’t actually see the ice until you walked on it and fell over!

Yep came out of my house to go to the game, promptly slipped over and put my hand through my cars window. Diverted to A & E

17 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I imagine the Wednesday team will travel on Friday as we would if we were playing up there so I don`t think there will be a decision before they do. The authorities won`t want their fans travelling unnecessarily (I imagine they will bring their normal sizeable following) though so we ought to hear something earlyish on Saturday morning if there`s any doubt.

Wednesday played at Swansea on Tuesday night,I would have thought with the weather as it is, they would have stayed down till Saturday, 

Archived