IGNORED

Weather (Merged)

BcfcDuncs

Perhaps @AdamB could let us know if there are any plans in place regarding when the decision will be taken whether it will go ahead or not. As someone who comes from 100+ miles away and lives in the middle of the Devon red weather warning area I wouldn`t mind knowing sooner rather than later.

If it is on, I`ll have to set off this afternoon I reckon. Anyone know if you can leave skis anywhere at AG?

I remember City playing Wednesday at Ashton Gate in the 80's/early 90's, when it snowed..and snowed..and snowed.

The tannoy crackled into life at Half Time.. for two reasons. Firstly to inform everyone that the game was abandoned. No one was overly shocked. The next announcement... "message for the Sheffield Wednesday fans....there is no way back to Sheffield". 

Wednesdays players and club officials then appeared on the pitch and made their way toward the Open End where their fans were stood shivering. To this day I've no idea of the outcome of that chat. 

2 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I remember City playing Wednesday at Ashton Gate in the 80's/early 90's, when it snowed..and snowed..and snowed.

The tannoy crackled into life at Half Time.. for two reasons. Firstly to inform everyone that the game was abandoned. No one was overly shocked. The next announcement... "message for the Sheffield Wednesday fans....there is no way back to Sheffield". 

Wednesdays players and club officials then appeared on the pitch and made their way toward the Open End where their fans were stood shivering. To this day I've no idea of the outcome of that chat. 

no it wasn't abandoned...........1 1 draw but bad snow throughout

On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:54, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Why do people get so dramatic about the weather?

The headlines in the news etc are laughable this week

At present nothing has hit the Bristol area, places around it have had snow and life is carrying on. The roads will get gritted and cleared, the pitch will be ok

The only problem is if the stands become slippery, it is hardly an armageddon scenario

You do realise this is OTIB? Where it's armageddon if we drop two points to Sunderland. Do keep up!

17 minutes ago, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

Some sports events are already being cancelled, including a few games on Saturday. 

I know our ground has the heated pitch etc, but the challenge will be the surrounding roads and pavements and with current forecasts I can't see it being deemed "safe" to proceed. 

Also, with the authorities urging people to only travel if absolutely necessary encouraging 22k+ people (including 3k odd from Sheffield) to travel to AG will not be seen as particularly responsible.

7 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Also, with the authorities urging people to only travel if absolutely necessary encouraging 22k+ people (including 3k odd from Sheffield) to travel to AG will not be seen as particularly responsible.

If Wednesday brought 3000 with them given how they're doing and the fact that it would be a problematic journey then I'd buy them a pint. Particularly as I was the only shopper in Tesco panic buying alcoholic beverages.

56 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If this is about purely the football, apologies.

If it's snow in general, well has anyone been sent home from work yet??

I haven't, but someone I know has.

Not sent home.  I drive to Swindon for 0730ish.  Very fine snow at that point.  Got heavier, and when a few more arrived by 0900, we decided those of us not local, would go home.  

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Guess it depends how bad it gets but currently all public transport from Sheffield is running fine so don't see the issue at the moment. I'm in Bristol and it's barely pitching - on the concrete at least - and all main roads are fine so can't see it being an issue as it stands. Think the Arsenal game tonight will be a good indicator as they have had far worse conditions than Bristol in London thus far. Here's hoping it's on.    

5 hours ago, Loderingo said:

I'm not convinced either.  There is also the matter of whether A&S will want to commit resources to policing a football match when Somerset is set to be hit by heavy snow

Our officers have all been resourced for this game already.

thermals all ready to go . 

10 minutes ago, willem ii said:

Would be a pitty if the game gets cancelled since I come over for this match....

Think the game will be played and City to win. Its time to make a good game and take all the points. Here in Sweden is it mutch snow and cold. In my are, middle of Sweden, it has not been so mutch snow for 30 years. Im sick of snow and cold. The weather make everyone tiered and low. Work eat and sleep, nothing else to do. Ok, If you like skiing its a dreamworld, but I dont, he he. Love football and City. Have a good time in Bristol and at the Gate. Always believe, COYR!!!

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not sent home.  I drive to Swindon for 0730ish.  Very fine snow at that point.  Got heavier, and when a few more arrived by 0900, we decided those of us not local, would go home.  

Maybe I'm misreading but you decided or your company did? Unless of course...

Ha lucky you (though very prudent). You must be a manager or above?

#Thejoysofbeingtheboss

Seriously it's really not that bad, I can walk home as I walked to work. If people commute from elsewhere, that's when it gets tricky I guess.

On 27/02/2018 at 08:33, BcfcDuncs said:

Looks like a chance of snow Thursday and Friday in Bristol area , good chance it will come to nothing . But maybe potential of games being called off over the weekend . We all know how cautious the health and safety folk are these days . But definitely going to be a few layers sort of day Saturday Whatever.

oops!

25 minutes ago, lenred said:

Guess it depends how bad it gets but currently all public transport from Sheffield is running fine so don't see the issue at the moment. I'm in Bristol and it's barely pitching - on the concrete at least - and all main roads are fine so can't see it being an issue as it stands. Think the Arsenal game tonight will be a good indicator as they have had far worse conditions than Bristol in London thus far. Here's hoping it's on.    

Sheff Utd have called their home game off on Saturday due to safety concerns about the surrounding area

Archived