IGNORED

Weather (Merged)

BcfcDuncs

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

BS16 snow falling again

4A304F64-EB59-4DA4-9A65-6A948D04CAB6.jpeg

Not seeking to worry you unduly, Dave, but some of those footprints in the snow look remarkably similar to those of a sasquatch. It seems, following the trail, that it has made a beeline for the back of your van. Might be an idea, before setting off for the Gate, to check first to see if it can play at centre-back as we need a presence back there if Baker is absent. 

19 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

That’s true but a majority live in the surrounding areas 

I doubt more than a couple of thousand live within walking distance. Still, what difference does another 10,000 cars on Bristol's snowy roads make? What could possibly go wrong?

Very disappointed to hear that City have taken the rather selfish decision for the game to go ahead, regardless of whether the fans can get there safely. 

Without the fans there will be no club. If half the fans can’t get there what’s the point of playing the game. 

If the football league don’t like it, tell them to f### off

Ive been out and about in the car and the motorways are clear and the main roads are mostly fine.  Also checked the m4, m5 and m6 jamcams and they are ok too.

Had a 1/2 hour walk, no probs in my thermals with hat, scarf and gloves.

Forecast warmer for tomorrow and with the snow covering the yellow lines we can park on them too.

The world doesn't need to stop because of a few inches of snow. With motorways clear, the Wednesday fans have no excuse for not coming.

Tomorrow will be fine, just wear warm dry clothing and leave a little more time for travel and enjoy earning 3 points for the first time in a while and grabbing 6th spot from the blades, whose game is off.

1 minute ago, kivsy said:

all the side roads in portishead are buggered, even if me and my lad walk through the snow, we will be cold and wet, thats if we havent fallen over on the ice ! 

Just got back from Portishead. 30 mile drive and a walk along the Marina. Roads are mainly fine if you are careful. Motorways at 70 mpg.

2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Ive been out and about in the car and the motorways are clear and the main roads are mostly fine.  Also checked the m4, m5 and m6 jamcams and they are ok too.

Forecast warmer for tomorrow and with the snow covering the yellow lines we can park on them too.

The world doesn't need to stop because of a few inches of snow. With motorways clear, the Wednesday fans have no excuse for not coming.

Tomorrow will be fine, just wear warm dry clothing and leave a little more time for travel and enjoy earning 3 points for the first time in a while and grabbing 6th spot from the blades, whose game is off.

Have you even considered that some people are unable to walk for half an hour? (Even when its not icy)

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

#Darwin Awards

5 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Just got back from Portishead. 30 mile drive and a walk along the Marina. Roads are mainly fine if you are careful. Motorways at 70 mpg.

So you didn't try West Hill/Avon Way I bet.   The main road to the marina might be fine - but the rest of the roads are absolutely f**ked

• Admin
51 minutes ago, Chappers said:

I must admit that this is absolutely stupid, and shows total contempt for the fans. I've just walked to my local shop and it's absolutely treacherous, and I certainly would not want to drive. I wouldn't mind if the club even acknowledged the problems many of us will face, but it's like they live in a bubble.

From the clubs point of view, the pitch is playable, the stands are area around the ground are ok. The police have said the major routes into the area are ok. 

Seeing how many get there will prove whether they were correct or not 

8 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Great news for bengalcub!

9 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Very economical motorway journey there - what you in?

15 minutes ago, The_Don said:

There are more snowflakes posting on here than falling from the sky in Ashton Vale.

A nice leisurely slide to the pub for 12 tomorrow, watch the lunchtime game then stumble to the ground after a few ciders :thumbsup:

I ain't 'sliding' 7 miles! Just tried moving the car and as things stand, I can't even get out of my road!

13 minutes ago, MSN Red said:

Intending to use Brislington P&R instead of driving to ground.  However in the past P&R has been shut when it snows.  Does anyone know if Brislington P&R has opened today.

No buses are currently running, update at 7pm.

IMG_0050.JPG.7d3d8a6dca0b64e7659b53f412fbe9ab.JPG

Archived