IGNORED

Weather (Merged)

BcfcDuncs

12 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Ive been out and about in the car and the motorways are clear and the main roads are mostly fine.  Also checked the m4, m5 and m6 jamcams and they are ok too.

Had a 1/2 hour walk, no probs in my thermals with hat, scarf and gloves.

Forecast warmer for tomorrow and with the snow covering the yellow lines we can park on them too.

The world doesn't need to stop because of a few inches of snow. With motorways clear, the Wednesday fans have no excuse for not coming.

Tomorrow will be fine, just wear warm dry clothing and leave a little more time for travel and enjoy earning 3 points for the first time in a while and grabbing 6th spot from the blades, whose game is off.

Ideally try not to if possible.  Many disabled fans use those locations for obvious reasons.

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

No busses are running until at least Saturday morning. And then I won't be surprised if services are reduced or limited.

So for a lot of people this will rule out public transport.

I hadn't heard that Jose Mourinhio's brother had taken over Bristol's public transport system...jeez, any excuse to park the bus!

8 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I ain't 'sliding' 7 miles! Just tried moving the car and as things stand, I can't even get out of my road!

No buses are currently running, update at 7pm.

IMG_0050.JPG.7d3d8a6dca0b64e7659b53f412fbe9ab.JPG

Was exactly the same when I went to work smorning,I went out and dug myself out and went to work rather than taking photos from inside my house. I apologise if you’re a man of older age and then I wouldn’t expect you to

49 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

That’s true but a majority live in the surrounding areas 

While appreciating the difficulties of fans living well outside the area, from the club's point of view if the pitch is playable, the stadium itself is safe, and the roads and pavements around the stadium are also safe there is no reason to postpone the game.

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Was exactly the same when I went to work smorning,I went out and dug myself out and went to work rather than taking photos from inside my house. I apologise if you’re a man of older age and then I wouldn’t expect you to

No apology needed jjt, I'm a home worker. I can get my car out but I ain't digging the other 1/2 mile to get to the main road! It's a cul de sac so nobody has managed to get out yet. 

17 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I ain't 'sliding' 7 miles! Just tried moving the car and as things stand, I can't even get out of my road!

No buses are currently running, update at 7pm.

IMG_0050.JPG.7d3d8a6dca0b64e7659b53f412fbe9ab.JPG

I can’t get off my drive in Ashton Vale either but thankfully it’s only a short slide to the pub & ground ;)

Just re-reading City's article on tomorrow

City’s Sky Bet Championship match with Sheffield Wednesday will go ahead as planned (3pm kick-off), as things stand

'As things stand' so still subject to change and then...

Should there be any changes to above, the club will be updating its website and social media channels. Supporters are urged to keep checking for further updates.

So they're not saying it won't be called off, just the game is proceeding as planned. 

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

City’s Sky Bet Championship match with Sheffield Wednesday will go ahead as planned (3pm kick-off), as things stand

Should there be any changes to above, the club will be updating its website and social media channels. Supporters are urged to keep checking for further updates.

So they're not saying it won't be called off, just the game is proceeding as planned. 

Changed it to cover themselves from the story posted earlier then:

buBzhFr.png

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

That's definitely changed!

Google has a cached version of the original: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:6l-6EEr8rM8J:https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/update-bristol-city-v-sheffield-wednesday/+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

From the clubs point of view, the pitch is playable, the stands are area around the ground are ok. The police have said the major routes into the area are ok. 

Seeing how many get there will prove whether they were correct or not 

In the meantime, many fans miss a game. TBH I’d rather we didn’t prove the point and watch the match when we can all make it. 

My mate has been trying the ticket office to see if there was any chance of changing our Wednesday tickets for Ipswich.  It's closed.  So the weather is good enough to play the match but not good enough to open the ticket office...

1 minute ago, Loderingo said:

My mate has been trying the ticket office to see if there was any chance of changing our Wednesday tickets for Ipswich.  It's closed.  So the weather is good enough to play the match but not good enough to open the ticket office...

play the match tomorrow when the ticket office will be open at 10am...

2 minutes ago, Loderingo said:

Spot on. If club employees can't make it to work, in the stadium we're set to play, that tells you everything.

Archived