IGNORED

Weather (Merged)

BcfcDuncs

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I think people underestimate the logistical headache of rearranging a game.

Happens all the time for far less justifiable reasons than this. Someone somewhere gets paid to sort it out. Not a reason to push to hold a game against official advice that will give a very significant percentage of our fans a headache.

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Surrounding areas are deemed safe......but that apparently doesn't include at least one of the club's own car parks, at Ashton school. Just had an e mail telling me it's closed tomorrow, no offer of an alternative, and no mention of a refund for the season ticket I've paid for.

And that sums it up perfectly, Football club, everything is fine here under breath apart from car parks we charge people for.... Yes Bristol City Football Club, everything is not alright, part of you match day offering is not there due to adverse weather conditions

19 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

People acting like if the game is on tomorrow then it means they have to get in a car and drive :facepalm:

Use your common sense people, whether the game is on or off. Or does everything you do have to be mandated by someone else now?!

So a season ticket holder takes a chance that the roads will be ok, hits black ice, and ends up in a bad way, and the club has no responsibility?  I was due to see a gig at the Colston Hall on Thursday.  It went ahead, but the Colston Hall offered a credit to anyone who couldn’t get there.  At least that shows some regard for their customers.

Gotta laugh, they've made it easy for me. Have a 4x4, winter tyres etc but even with that it's a bit dodgy driving around out in the sticks today. 

However was leaning towards giving it a run until they emailed me telling me my car park is closed. I'm off to buy a chocolate orange and do a Cotswold tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

So a season ticket holder takes a chance that the roads will be ok, hits black ice, and ends up in a bad way, and the club has no responsibility?  I was due to see a gig at the Colston Hall on Thursday.  It went ahead, but the Colston Hall offered a credit to anyone who couldn’t get there.  At least that shows some regard for their customers.

This is football. For regard swap indifference.

The main reason I'd like the game to go ahead tomorrow (even though I'll probably heed advice and not  travel,) is their key players are out injured and we desperately need the points. I hope no supporter suffers should, perchance, the concrete steps or concourse become slippery though I'm sure InjuryLawyers4You will be happy to sponsor a matchball sometime soon.

16 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I think people underestimate the logistical headache of rearranging a game.

Ipswich v Hull already has a new date of 13th March.  Shouldn't be that hard as all Champ teams are out of the cup

30 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

That's Police. And what of the other emergency services on whom you call in event of an incident? Still fresh in the memory are the findings of the Hillsborough Independent Panel, in particular criticism that failure to activate the major incident protocol impacted the efficiency of the much commended ambulance and fire services. I thought improved coordination between all parties was one key recommendation?

I am sure there have been but not at my grand level of pc ! 

We have emergency multi agency plans for this type of thing but unfortunately at my level I would not be involved in the discussions . Sorry ! 

34 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Maybe, but you're coming from the Cotswolds and you're answering someone in Chippenham.

There will be many thousands in the Bristol area wondering why the match has been called off if the conditions in the area in the morning don't seem to merit it.

Quite agree. It is very unfortunate for those who will encounter difficulty and I have a great deal of sympathy for them. However, as Nogbad and others have stated, the club have done all they can to ensure the fixture proceeds. There is no point in investing in undersoil heating if roads for miles around haven't got under-tarmac heating!

In theory, we could have a couple of thousand fans who travel from Vladivostok to every home game. If they were snowed in and rendered it hazardous for them to journey to Bristol then it would be daft to postpone the game at AG when the pitch etc was in perfect condition and Bristol was bathed in sunshine.

39 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

So don’t get in a car if it’s not safe to do so tomorrow! Not rocket science! No one is forcing anyone into a car tomorrow whether the game goes ahead or not, is my point. Clearly lots of people won’t be going even if the game is on.

I totally understand this view I have to say. The health and safety and 'where there's blame there's a claim' culture in this country grinds my gears no end.

However, I just think it's daft for this game to go ahead when many thousands of people who've paid a fortune for tickets won't be able to attend.

13 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Julie , is the police advice of only travel if absolutely nessecary still Stand ? And does this cover tomorrrows game ? 

Stands for today’s weather , is continuously being reviewed in the force area . 

58 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

This. Why is this so hard to grasp. The club are doing everything they can to ensure they are able to host s football match - that has nothing to do with whether or not individual fans can safely get there. That’s not up to the club. 

I was expecting the club to ensure the route from my flat to the ground to be immaculate.

And for one of the management team to chauffer me in.

Johnson out!

15 minutes ago, marmite said:

Thanks for answering all the questions Julie. You are in a no win situation here!

I am snowed in so spent 8 hours on emails and phone conferences so that I can try and give as much updates of relevance that I can. ! 

Fingers crossed I can get in tomorrow. 

30 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

So by that logic it’s The Lamb & Flag’s fault if I decide to drive to the pub tonight when it’s not safe for me to be in a car? 

I’ve not said anything about any financial assistance the club may offer, refunds etc. But it’s not their responsibility to get you to the game safely - that’s on you (us)

3 minutes ago, JulieH said:

I am snowed in so spent 8 hours on emails and phone conferences so that I can try and give as much updates of relevance that I can. ! 

Fingers crossed I can get in tomorrow. 

City games on if you can get there:chant6ez:

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

If only we had a means to predict the weather between now and tomorrow and we could make a decision now ... :whistle: :P

My weather vane has frozen and my lucky weather predicting pine cone is buried in snow :P

31 minutes ago, reddoc said:

Gotta laugh, they've made it easy for me. Have a 4x4, winter tyres etc but even with that it's a bit dodgy driving around out in the sticks today. 

However was leaning towards giving it a run until they emailed me telling me my car park is closed. I'm off to buy a chocolate orange and do a Cotswold tomorrow.

Message me in the morning, if the game is still on.  If I’m not going, you can have my space....I’m sure they’ll understand.

3 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Stands for today’s weather , is continuously being reviewed in the force area . 

Ah, the key bit.....police are advising don’t travel today.  That advice might change between now and kick-off, but I suspect thoughts if a quick thaw aren’t in the plan, and the advice will be the same tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

Big assumption to make 

I don’t think so at all. We have thousands of elderly and disabled fans who won’t be able to go. Numerous people on this thread have said they won’t be coming. 

Ill be amazed if there are more than about 12,000 in the ground if the game kicks off tomorrow. 

4 minutes ago, Jacki said:

I don’t think so at all. We have thousands of elderly and disabled fans who won’t be able to go. Numerous people on this thread have said they won’t be coming. 

Ill be amazed if there are more than about 12,000 in the ground if the game kicks off tomorrow. 

By that logic that’s the majority of people who have bought a ticket so if that’s the case then I’d say the decision to go ahead is vindicated. 

Archived