IGNORED

Weather (Merged)

BcfcDuncs

4 minutes ago, Jacki said:

I don’t think so at all. We have thousands of elderly and disabled fans who won’t be able to go. Numerous people on this thread have said they won’t be coming. 

Ill be amazed if there are more than about 12,000 in the ground if the game kicks off tomorrow. 

If I was being cynical, I think maybe the club are balancing that against the opportunity for three points against a team with even worse form than us, and a load out injured?

6 minutes ago, Jacki said:

I don’t think so at all. We have thousands of elderly and disabled fans who won’t be able to go. Numerous people on this thread have said they won’t be coming. 

Ill be amazed if there are more than about 12,000 in the ground if the game kicks off tomorrow. 

I remember when 12,000 was a good crowd for city 

14 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

So by that logic it’s The Lamb & Flag’s fault if I decide to drive to the pub tonight when it’s not safe for me to be in a car? 

I’ve not said anything about any financial assistance the club may offer, refunds etc. But it’s not their responsibility to get you to the game safely - that’s on you (us)

It’s the blame culture this country has fallen into I’m afraid

17 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

So by that logic it’s The Lamb & Flag’s fault if I decide to drive to the pub tonight when it’s not safe for me to be in a car? 

I’ve not said anything about any financial assistance the club may offer, refunds etc. But it’s not their responsibility to get you to the game safely - that’s on you (us)

The Lamb and Flag haven’t sold you and 20,000 others a ticket which you won’t get a refund for if you don’t attend. That creates a financial incentive to attend and means the club have a responsibility to its paying customers to host the event at an appropriate time, that the pub doesn’t.

By your theory the club could decide to hold the game on a Wednesday lunchtime irrespective of whether anyone could actually go during working hours.

If the club offers to refund all those who don’t come, that changes things.

42 minutes ago, Dylan said:

If there are a load of empty seats , how strict is it on sitting somewhere else where they havent been allocated to you but in essence are an upgrade

I like the logic of this. If there’s anyone who has a hospitality package but can’t make it, can I have your main course and free drinks?

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Not sure it will......all the usual car parks, including the club's own car parks, will be closed, so all those cars will be looking for somewhere.

Where are you getting that info from?

From OS:

PARKING & TRAVEL

Abus will NOT be operating on the day of the game, due to the weather.

First Bus are due to make an announcement at 7pm, which will affect whether the AG1, AG2 and AG4 First Bus routes will be operating. 

Wickes Car Park - Open as usual, be extra vigilant due to icy conditions.
Midas Car Park - To be confirmed.
Avonline Car Park - Open as usual, be extra vigilant due to icy conditions.
Pattersons - Open, subject to weather overnight. 
Ashton Park School
 - Closed. Supporters will need to find alternative parking for this one match

I shall go to work , come home have some dinner , then take the kids out with their sledges, 

then sit in the warm watching Jeff stelling , and the few results come in , we have season tickets but if it’s not safe for busses , police advice not to travel , I’m not risking my kids safety by driving in icy conditions.   

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Not sure it will......all the usual car parks, including the club's own car parks, will be closed, so all those cars will be looking for somewhere.

If the players couldn't park at the ground then then the game would definitely be off (the little poppets). 

Having read all of @JulieH`s contributions to this thread and doing some reading between the lines I believe I can work out what she thinks the decision whether to go ahead or not should be.

However, these things are obviously decided well above her pay grade.

Personally, I don`t have a hope in hell of even getting out of my village let alone get to Bristol so it`s a moot point for me anyway. 

3 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

@JulieHhi Julie what area do you live if you don’t mind me asking? I’m in Chipping Sodbury 

Has this now turned in to a form of dating site?

Julie, just in case you are interested and for what is worth I am in Paris, the city of romance and all that - and disregard totally anything @BigTone or, especially, @Rudolf Hucker might try to sell you.

16 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The Lamb and Flag haven’t sold you and 20,000 others a ticket which you won’t get a refund for if you don’t attend. That creates a financial incentive to attend and means the club have a responsibility to its paying customers to host the event at an appropriate time, that the pub doesn’t.

By your theory the club could decide to hold the game on a Wednesday lunchtime irrespective of whether anyone could actually go during working hours.

If the club offers to refund all those who don’t come, that changes things.

When you buy a future ticket to an event you have to know that you’re responsible for your own ability to get there. 

55 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

yes it is, can't believe the club haven't called this off,

A cunning plan. We argue that Sheffield should have set off in good time knowing of the travel difficulties. Then we claim the 3-0 win as they had failed to make it.

42 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

No, because I don’t pre-pay for nine months’ worth of pints!  Look, if it’s dangerous for a large number of punters to travel, and there’s likely to be limited parking at the end, it strikes me as reasonable to postpone.  Seems pretty straightforward to me.  And what about the Sheffield fans?

43 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Message me in the morning, if the game is still on.  If I’m not going, you can have my space....I’m sure they’ll understand.

Cheers Dave, that's really kind. Have a feeling my spirit of adventure may evaporate when I look out the window, but I'll let you know.

4 minutes ago, reddoc said:

Cheers Dave, that's really kind. Have a feeling my spirit of adventure may evaporate when I look out the window, but I'll let you know.

I’ve pulled the curtains for the evening.  I like surprises, but not sure i’ll see one at 8am tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

No, because I don’t pre-pay for nine months’ worth of pints!  Look, if it’s dangerous for a large number of punters to travel, and there’s likely to be limited parking at the end, it strikes me as reasonable to postpone.  Seems pretty straightforward to me.  And what about the Sheffield fans?

I think you can call it reasonable to play the game provided the pitch is in good shape and the stadium is a safe environment. I do appreciate that a lot of others see it differently. 

Archived