IGNORED

Weather (Merged)

BcfcDuncs

1 hour ago, ziderheadarmy said:

@JulieHhi Julie what area do you live if you don’t mind me asking? I’m in Chipping Sodbury 

Same sort of area;  cam/ Dursley area for me.

roads are terrible , even the main roads are blocked , really hoping it clears . 

26 minutes ago, NatchHeads said:

For those of us who cannot make it to the game tomorrow due to the weather conditions, do you think the club could stream the game live for free? As we have already paid for the game. 

They can’t legally even if they wanted to 

Haven’t read the whole thread but my guess is the club are between a rock and a hard place.

Im sure they want to meet the expectations of the fans and have 20,000 plus fans attending safely, but my guess, and this is only a guess, is that in order to call a game off they have to fulfill the criteria. I’m assuming they don’t have sufficient grounds to do that at the moment.

The pitch, as we all know, will be in a suitable condition as will the stadium and football club grounds so (and once again this is only an assumption) unless an authority provides them with a reason to call the game off  - and I don’t believe that to be the case - then under the rules of the football league the game will need to go ahead.

IMO we need the police to say the area is unsafe or possibly public transport to be out of action once again for the game to be called off.

3 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

Haven’t read the whole thread but my guess is the club are between a rock and a hard place.

Im sure they want to meet the expectations of the fans and have 20,000 plus fans attending safely, but my guess, and this is only a guess, is that in order to call a game off they have to fulfill the criteria. I’m assuming they don’t have sufficient grounds to do that at the moment.

The pitch, as we all know, will be in a suitable condition as will the stadium and football club grounds so (and once again this is only an assumption) unless an authority provides them with a reason to call the game off  - and I don’t believe that to be the case - then under the rules of the football league the game will need to be go ahead.

IMO we need the police to say the area is unsafe or possibly public transport to be out of action once again for the game to be called off.

Correct. Surprised more people don't get it, although I suspect some do and are happy to blame the club anyway. 

Whether the game going ahead is right or wrong from a fans point of view is a matter for debate. However from the clubs perspective it's a no brainer. The obvious advantages to the club are:

SWFC team would have had an arduous and probably slow journey down to Bristol today. Probably haven't trained on grass/Astro since arrival.

SWFC are unlikely to have many fans at the game - would you risk it in their position? Probably not.

Their current form is poor.

They have players out injured who may be available for a rearranged fixture.

We can get back into the top 6 if we win.

BCFC save money by using food/drink/programmes/staff that they've already shelled out for.

They get to show off new undersoil heating. If this game goes ahead then any game can/will.

I guess we'll see how this pans out in the next few hours.

5 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Correct. Surprised more people don't get it, although I suspect some do and are happy to blame the club anyway. 

Could it be something to do with insurance maybe? If we have done everything we can to get the game one and someone else cancels it, eg Police or Ref we can claim. This would cover food, drink, staff and even Sheff Weds travel etc?

27 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

@JulieH yeah I can imagine that would be hard work up there as it’s higher up and hilly. I have friends in wickwar and wotton and they’re struggling 

Yep, I’m in Charfield (between Wickwar & Wotton) and it ain’t looking great. 

However, 60 Dutch made it to Bristol today on a coach from Tilburg so I’m sure I can make it 20 miles tomorrow. 

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yep, I’m in Charfield (between Wickwar & Wotton) and it ain’t looking great. 

However, 60 Dutch made it to Bristol today on a coach from Tilburg so I’m sure I can make it 20 miles tomorrow. 

Hope you aren't planning on limping in your motor Slim!

Archived