IGNORED

Weather (Merged)

BcfcDuncs

4 minutes ago, Gifford said:

Cheers mate. That looks like a sizeable majority of fans (including our lot) can get to the match by bus at least. A lot of fans south of Long Ashton aren't so lucky as of now, but if what they say is true, then fair play to First Bus.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Read #907 Nirthern Red. Sums it up perfectly.

I already did. I'm arguing it's bonkers logic. 

If clubs were still reliant on Potd it would certainly be called off. 

THEY ALREADY HAVE OUR MONEY. There's your answer. 

7 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Are people deliberately missing the point that has been made numerous times in this thread?

If the area around the ground is considered safe, the club cannot call the fixture off because supporters living several miles away may struggle to get there. Especially if the police have assured them that they can cover the game. 

The club and the police can decide it’s not safe and put it to the EFL that that’s the case. If the EFL refuse to accept that and make the game go ahead then anger can be aimed at them.

The club and police are not doing what they can in the best interest of supporters, simple as that.

I don’t get the whole ‘if you can’t go then don’t’ argument when so many people have already spent money, season ticket or match day ticket, to see the game and are made to miss it through a lack of basic common sense!

10 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

A good point.

I wonder if the club have made any representation to the EFL for the majority who can't make it. It will be the majority. 

You'd hope they would, whether they have or whether it would work is debatable. 

For avoidance of doubt, I'm not saying that it should be on, but if the club have done as much as they can to get the game on, as they have to, by getting the area in and around the stadium sorted, and the police give them the ok, then the EFL would take a very dim view of it being called off.

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Am I missing something? Can’t see where is says what services are still running or not and which ones will have alternative routes?

Cheers

Exactly, nothing specific on th AG park and ride services.

We know the A buses aren't running. That's on the OS. Nothing else though

13 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Are people deliberately missing the point that has been made numerous times in this thread?

If the area around the ground is considered safe, the club cannot call the fixture off because supporters living several miles away may struggle to get there. Especially if the police have assured them that they can cover the game. 

This. This. And this again.

It's pretty obvious how the process works.

EFL Q1: Is the pitch playable? If yes, proceed to Q2. If no, proceed to Q1a.
EFL Q1a: Did the Club make all reasonable efforts?

EFL Q2: Is the stadium and its immediate surroundings safe? If yes, proceed to Q3. If no, proceed to Q2a.
EFL Q2a: Did the Club make all reasonable efforts?

EFL Q3: Do the local police/safety advisory groups etc have any objection in the wider public interest to the game being played?

The Club can only handles questions 1 and 2 and make sure they make all reasonable efforts to fulfil their obligations with regard to the fixture.

Question 3 has to be left to the experts acting upon their own expertise and information otherwise you simply run the risk of fixtures being tactically wiped out on the dubious basis that some proportion of people live more distant/in more affected areas.

6 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Am I missing something? Can’t see where is says what services are still running or not and which ones will have alternative routes?

Cheers

https://www.firstgroup.com/uploads/node_images/All FWoE routes Winter Disruptions 2018 as at 0730 03.03.18.pdf has the details but doesn't mention the AG dedicated services.

1 minute ago, View from the Dolman said:

This. This. And this again.

It's pretty obvious how the process works.

EFL Q1: Is the pitch playable? If yes, proceed to Q2. If no, proceed to Q1a.
EFL Q1a: Did the Club make all reasonable efforts?

EFL Q2: Is the stadium and its immediate surroundings safe? If yes, proceed to Q3. If no, proceed to Q2a.
EFL Q2a: Did the Club make all reasonable efforts?

EFL Q3: Do the local police/safety advisory groups etc have any objection in the wider public interest to the game being played?

The Club can only handles questions 1 and 2 and make sure they make all reasonable efforts to fulfil their obligations with regard to the fixture.

Question 3 has to be left to the experts acting upon their own expertise and information otherwise you simply run the risk of fixtures being tactically wiped out on the dubious basis that some proportion of people live more distant/in more affected areas.

This will turn into a "we'll identify what went wrong and learn from any lessons" scenario. 

Management ********* come out with it all the time. 

10 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I'm not sure about how Dolls will adopt to this very honest confession..

PS  The handcuffs are in my possession (well almost)   DS

Dolls left me for another man. Her loss is JulieH's gain.

31 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

You couldn’t make it up could you! Safe enough for the game to go ahead followed by a warning about treacherous conditions and advising not to travel.

What an absolute piss take!

The people making these decisions need a good talking too!

I’ve commented in another thread that I went to a gig in Brum in December when they had all the snow. The band was there and set up, some fans were there, but the venue cancelled just a couple of hours before the doors were due to open as the Police advice was not to travel in the area unless necessary. 

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

I’ve commented in another thread that I went to a gig in Brum in December when they had all the snow. The band was there and set up, some fans were there, but the venue cancelled just a couple of hours before the doors were due to open as the Police advice was not to travel in the area unless necessary. 

When it comes to football it seems there are more strings being pulled. 

7 hours ago, pillred said:

what's that to do with Bristol sport?

They charge us to park there. Then don't offer an alternative when we can't. I take an 85yr old who relies on the shuttle bus that runs from the school to the ground on a match day. That's what.

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

A bit of advice for those walking today.

If you lose your footing and end up going arse over tit...

VAR IS in use so you could end up being punished retrospectively, if thought to be making a meal of it.

It will be easier for the elderly to stay on their feet in the ice than for Dele Alli on a dry pitch. 

27 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

The point is it’s the lack of joined-up thinking between the club and the authorities to reach a common sense and practical decision. If the official advice is essential travel only then there is a clear and obvious solution - cancel the game. Yet no one seems able to do the obvious thing.

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not used the AG buses before but considering it. How much faff is the one from Bris Park and Ride? 

Be fine today you may even have the whole bus to yourself!

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not used the AG buses before but considering it. How much faff is the one from Bris Park and Ride? 

I’ve used it once. Getting to the ground was no problem and worked well. I understand only one bus runs though so if you miss the first one after the game you could be hanging around for an hour for the next one....

4 minutes ago, Jacki said:

I’ve used it once. Getting to the ground was no problem and worked well. I understand only one bus runs though so if you miss the first one after the game you could be hanging around for an hour for the next one....

They put more than one on now straight after games. Are they confirmed as running today?

Archived