IGNORED

Weather (Merged)

BcfcDuncs

21 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi there

We are working closely with the police who are not advising to call the match off. Sheffield Wednesday travelled down by bus yesterday and the referee has come down from Sunderland. 

The Stadium teams have been working hard to make the stadium safe for fans who arrive for the match but I do appreciate it's difficult for fans further afield though. 

I think it's already on the forum but in case anyone has missed it First Bus have confirmed that AG1 AG2 and AG4 are all operating today as are public bus services.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Will you or @AdamB please confirm that our Wicks car park spaces (reserved and paid for in advance), will be safe and available for us to park in.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, 42nite said:

Hi Matt,

Will you or @AdamB please confirm that our Wicks car park  (reserved and paid for in advance), will be safe and available for us to park in.

Thank you.

I'm sure Adam said it was open in his update on the OS yesterday. 

21 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi there

We are working closely with the police who are not advising to call the match off. Sheffield Wednesday travelled down by bus yesterday and the referee has come down from Sunderland. 

The Stadium teams have been working hard to make the stadium safe for fans who arrive for the match but I do appreciate it's difficult for fans further afield though. 

I think it's already on the forum but in case anyone has missed it First Bus have confirmed that AG1 AG2 and AG4 are all operating today as are public bus services.

Matt

Somewhere at A&S they’re clearly getting confused then. 

DEDF6B27-DBE2-404C-A189-C3B2A5FB4FC0.png

• Admin
2 hours ago, Olé said:

I hope not as I've got a train ticket now. Do contact the club about your story as I''d like to think that they'd honour all your tickets for another home fixture if your group still wanted to visit Ashton Gate another time. :clap:

Hourly service from Pad to Bristol TM, on the half hour.  Return trips hourly, on the hour.

The bottom line is the pitch and ground are fine, the surrounding areas are fine. Yes it isn't good for people who cannot make it, but it is a minority who cannot make it so why would they try and call it off? Is it fair that if it was called off and rearranged, that certain people wouldn't be able to make the rearranged midweek fixture (who can make it today)?

The club are in a lose lose situation, but they have to do everything possible to get the game on.

1 minute ago, wood_red said:

The bottom line is the pitch and ground are fine, the surrounding areas are fine. Yes it isn't good for people who cannot make it, but it is a minority who cannot make it so why would they try and call it off? Is it fair that if it was called off and rearranged, that certain people wouldn't be able to make the rearranged midweek fixture (who can make it today)?

The club are in a lose lose situation, but they have to do everything possible to get the game on.

The majority can't make it if they heed police safety advice. 

26 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Sorry but if they wouldn’t have put the warnings out then there would have been way more people on the roads and more potential problems would have occurred thus causing traffic delays.  The very fact you found the roads ok is testament to that decision.  Bristol is a big place and not everywhere had clear roads so not scaremongering at all.  

Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased as it means I got to work quicker. There are bits where it is awful I'm sure like side roads etc but for some it is fine - definitely elements of going ott. Just needs be judged by an individual. 

3 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I think Minority is unfair. I expect little more than 10-12k today 

5 minutes ago, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

Malls Cribbs closed all day on police advice.

Wtf. That sums it all up really.  Just checked their web site and confirmed, as other half hinted she wanted to go this weekend.  I get all arguments both side of the fence, I am going if I can escape my road.  

Simple good luck to the locals who can make it

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

The majority can't make it if they heed police safety advice. 

The Police advice doesn't exactly mean don't travel anywhere whatsoever in Bristol. But they are hardly going to, and cannot, list every street and road on which they think are safe, they are just covering themselves with their advice. The bus routes that are available are safe aren't they, many roads are clear and safe too, all around the ground are safe. It all depends where you are and where you are travelling from, you make your own judgement on whether it is 100% safe or not. I will still say a majority can get to the game - plenty won't go due to the cold anyway.

5 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Wouldn't driving to a park and ride also be contrary to police advice?

Make your own mind up if it is safe where you are to drive anywhere. If it isn't then don't drive. 

54 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO will you be offering refunds to fans who choose not to act against police advice to travel to a football match?

27 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Do remember that has been largely referenced this past week, he is out the country and off work for a wedding.

It is obviously poor timing and the club should have someone else publically replying - even if via Twitter - but you can’t berate the guy 51 minutes after you ask for a comment. 

There will be no refunds, it is in the T&Cs posted previously. The club have decided to make this decision in a week of already poor PR and if they don’t win I expect the forum to implode. 

4 minutes ago, eric04 said:

Does anyone know what state the A369 is in going down the steep hill from the suspension bridge/Ashton Court entrance down to the cricket club parking? 

Don't know, but be careful. They love hiding there just on the bend where you can't see them with their little camera.

Archived