IGNORED

Weather (Merged)

BcfcDuncs

6 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I don't think the Abus services from Winterstoke Rd to the Centre are running after the game due to the weather (that's what they said yesterday)

From the OS

"Abus will NOT be operating on the day of the game, due to the weather."

It's 3 degrees here and patches of tarmac are now visible near the house.

I'm playing it by ear, but am likely to risk the 28 mile journey as it's only the first 150 yards that are snowy and icy. Not going Old Bristol Road from Wells though. Sticking to the A39/A37.

17 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

Clark's Pie van won't be there so what's the point in going at all?

shop on North Street is open though!

This must, repeat MUST, be a valid reason to call off the match

Some extraordinary comments on here. Football club getting abused for doing all they can for putting a game of football on! Temperatures rising, no more snow forecast, buses running, sure some won’t be able to make it but ridiculous to think the whole thing ought to be called off for that, they’ll be a decent crowd regardless. I’m already into the second hour of my journey and leaving London on the bus now, well up for it and looking forward to 3 points COYR!

15 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

Clark's Pie van won't be there so what's the point in going at all?

shop on North Street is open though!

Gutted....flew in from Australia on Wednesday. Puts a whole downer on the trip back. Yes I know the shop in North Street is open but it's not the same... COYR

6 minutes ago, The Chaplain said:

Some extraordinary comments on here. Football club getting abused for doing all they can for putting a game of football on! Temperatures rising, no more snow forecast, buses running, sure some won’t be able to make it but ridiculous to think the whole thing ought to be called off for that, they’ll be a decent crowd regardless. I’m already into the second hour of my journey and leaving London on the bus now, well up for it and looking forward to 3 points COYR!

If you're on the bus at least you won't have to worry about parking.

1 hour ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Travelled from Whitchurch to Swindon last night, no issue with the roads, although it was bad in Whitchurch  am yesterday.  The more traffic that gets on the roads, as the temps rise, the better they will be.  Roads pretty snowy here in Swindon this morning, but buses and cars running OK.

And yet Swindon see the sense in calling their game off?!

13 minutes ago, The Chaplain said:

Excellent comment. The level of moaning on here at the moment was only surpassed during last seasons bad run.

4 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

And yet Swindon see th sense in calling their game off?!

Swindon postponed their game due to a frozen pitch. 

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2018/march/yeovil-game-off/

No such comparison can be made with Ashton Gate, where undersoil heating is in place instead of a few plastic sheets. 

1 minute ago, View from the Dolman said:

Swindon postponed their game due to a frozen pitch. 

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2018/march/yeovil-game-off/

No such comparison can be made with Ashton Gate, where undersoil heating is in place instead of a few plastic sheets. 

BEEB Just said weather, not frozen pitch like the others.

Just seen Shef Wed offering refunds to people who can’t make it today. Wonder how it feels having a club putting supporters before financial gain?

3 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

BEEB Just said weather, not frozen pitch like the others.

Just seen Shef Wed offering refunds to people who can’t make it today. Wonder how it feels having a club putting supporters before financial gain?

Sheffield Wednesday offering refunds of money that was never theirs? So they didn't stand to make a financial gain if they didn't offer refunds. 

Live in Sodbury area. A few roads still closed round here and about half a foot of snow on the road surface still for my road.

I don’t blame the club for getting the game on but it’s unlikely I and many others will make it. To be honest, I think it’s the police that have to take the blame here - say don’t travel and then allow 20,000 people to get to BS3.

However, there is an opportunity for the club to make excellent PR here, particularly in view of the season ticket debacle. Why don’t they, in view of the extreme weather and police advice not to travel, give a partial refund on STs not scanned for this game? Most will try to get there anyway, but it would prove after this of all weeks they have the fans at heart 

• Admin
1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Live in Sodbury area. A few roads still closed round here and about half a foot of snow on the road surface still for my road.

I don’t blame the club for getting the game on but it’s unlikely I and many others will make it. To be honest, I think it’s the police that have to door the blame here - say don’t travel and then allow 20,000 people to get to BS3.

However, there is an opportunity for the club to make excellent PR here, particularly in view of the season ticket debacle. Why don’t they, in view of the extreme weather and police advice not to travel, give a partial refund on STs not scanned for this game? Most will try to get there anyway, but it would prove after this if all weeks they have the fans at heart 

It’s not a police state, they are advising not to travel, they can’t prohibit travel, which for many is feasible 

Fast thaw in Marlborough today. A4 clear of any snow and loads of cars moving . M4 / M32  running normally Seems perfectly safe to drive slowly and carefully to the match. Make your own mind up----your call.

Leaving early makes sense so on my way to the Gate shortly. 

My guess , 15,000 today.

COYR 3 points  today. 

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

I don’t blame the club for getting the game on but it’s unlikely I and many others will make it. To be honest, I think it’s the police that have to door the blame here - say don’t travel and then allow 20,000 people to get to BS3.

However, there is an opportunity for the club to make excellent PR here, particularly in view of the season ticket debacle. Why don’t they, in view of the extreme weather and police advice not to travel, give a partial refund on STs not scanned for this game? Most will try to get there anyway, but it would prove after this if all weeks they have the fans at heart 

Its the way you tell 'em :P

5 minutes ago, The_Don said:

Well at least it’ll be nice and quiet in the pub pre match, might even leave getting the half time pint until the ref blows for half time since there will only be 800 of us in the Dolman :shifty:

800.. Hmmm..Does this mean that there will be just 5 left in the Dolman by final whistle? Hahaha 

Archived