IGNORED

Weather (Merged)

BcfcDuncs

17 hours ago, Coombsy said:

It may have been the school which said the car park unusable for insurance reasons 

yes you and others have prepaid to park there if the school refused to open their car park  bcfc can't make them 

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Why would the club have any say over whether a school car park is open? Up to the school, surely?

Because I pay the club, not the school, for my season ticket. My contract is with the club. If the club can't have any say in using or opening the car park then they shouldn't sell tickets to park there.

1 hour ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi there, 

Apologies for missing this yesterday, I was out of the country and was trying to reply to as much as possible. 

I'm back in the UK now so if you drop me an email I'll follow this up for you with the team that deals with the car parks and will try and find out for you. 

Matt

FAO @italian dave

Thanks Matt. Will do.

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Because I pay the club, not the school, for my season ticket. My contract is with the club. If the club can't have any say in using or opening the car park then they shouldn't sell tickets to park there.

Grow up. Weather like we had will always cause disruptions. Such a sense of entitlement from you. 

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

It may be that as you said the car park looked 70 percent clear and 30 percent not 

Thats why not open you was not the only one who could not park yesterday 

3 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi there, 

Apologies for missing this yesterday, I was out of the country and was trying to reply to as much as possible. 

I'm back in the UK now so if you drop me an email I'll follow this up for you with the team that deals with the car parks and will try and find out for you. 

Matt

FAO @italian dave

I took this up with your Taylor Ann Kingscott.....basically not budging, no refund to come, BS didn't offer an alternative parking place . We specifically chose this site as the Community Shuttle buses take an elderly gent of 85 years who comes with us, to the ground. Poor IMO.

3 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

Grow up. Weather like we had will always cause disruptions. Such a sense of entitlement from you. 

Well, yes, when I've paid £160 for something then I do feel that I have a certain entitlement to expect to get what I paid for. Sorry if you think that's unreasonable. Presumably you're happy to fork out that sort of money on the off chance that you might get something in return? Let me know when you next want a service and I'll make you an offer!!

Seriously, of course I realise that the weather last week was exceptional, and I'm not expecting, or feeling entitled, to the service regardless. It was the manner it was done: a curt e mail, (which came a couple of hours after the club's announcement about how hard they'd been working to clear car parks, and a couple of hours before another one asking me to renew my season ticket!), which came across as suggesting that the club were doing us all a favour by providing a car park.  If there was a sense of entitlement anywhere it was that the club are entitled to take our money and not have any obligation in return. It would have been nice to have at least acknowledged that it was more than just inconvenience, and perhaps offered a token recompense - £5 off next season's renewal, or a voucher for a pie. That's all.

And even then I'd have probably not pursued it further if I hadn't seen the state of the car park!

37 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Well, yes, when I've paid £160 for something then I do feel that I have a certain entitlement to expect to get what I paid for. Sorry if you think that's unreasonable. Presumably you're happy to fork out that sort of money on the off chance that you might get something in return? Let me know when you next want a service and I'll make you an offer!!

Seriously, of course I realise that the weather last week was exceptional, and I'm not expecting, or feeling entitled, to the service regardless. It was the manner it was done: a curt e mail, (which came a couple of hours after the club's announcement about how hard they'd been working to clear car parks, and a couple of hours before another one asking me to renew my season ticket!), which came across as suggesting that the club were doing us all a favour by providing a car park.  If there was a sense of entitlement anywhere it was that the club are entitled to take our money and not have any obligation in return. It would have been nice to have at least acknowledged that it was more than just inconvenience, and perhaps offered a token recompense - £5 off next season's renewal, or a voucher for a pie. That's all.

And even then I'd have probably not pursued it further if I hadn't seen the state of the car park!

Never had a parking agreement so don't know but does it say anywhere about exceptional circumstances for the car park being closed?  

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Never had a parking agreement so don't know but does it say anywhere about exceptional circumstances for the car park being closed?  

Can't image it does, but that doesn't stop the club on asking, to provide a close dropping off point for those who have booked a spot to aid the infirm.

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Can't image it does, but that doesn't stop the club on asking, to provide a close dropping off point for those who have booked a spot to aid the infirm.

Which is the very reason we forked out £160 to park there, for an 85yr old gent we take who uses the shuttle bus that collects from the school then drops off at the ground. No effort on BS part to help whatsoever. They've basically told me to do one and I have the Emails to prove it. Very poor Bristol Sport.  Again. 

Archived