IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES (Merged)

RedM

7 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

The reality is with these prices we won't be seeing sell outs at Ashton gate for a long long time. Shiny new stadium with no one in it

That's the really baffling thing. The supporter base is obviously there and the club should be doing everything in their power to fill it every year. This is a big backwards step for me.

I sit dolman central and take two kids u12 so that's an extra £170 for me to find.

So I'm going to move to family area where it's a bargain for me and two kids.

End of an era though had same seats for last 19 seasons.

Slightly confused to why I'm being asked to find extra £170? 

Also think need to more for new fans.

With regards to the Family Lansdown Upper Tier, this was £372 last year with a Under 12 Free Ticket. It looks like this year will be £345 without an under 12 free ticket and you pay an additional £50 for that child, meaning it goes from £372 to £395. 

19 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It’s strange that the differential between the South Stand and other stands has increased so much.

And I don’t understand why the central blocks in particular have been increased disproportionately compared to elsewhere.

Why not just apply a consistent, moderate price increase across all options?

Don’t get the thought process.

It looks like the club has identified stands for varies groups and is engineering the prices to "nudge" them into them. My ticked has not changed, so cannot complain, but yeah no way i'd pay some of those increases, i'd have to move - which in the clubs eyes, is job done.

1 minute ago, Fiale said:

It looks like the club has identified stands for varies groups and is engineering the prices to "nudge" them into them. My ticked has not changed, so cannot complain, but yeah no way i'd pay some of those increases, i'd have to move - which in the clubs eyes, is job done.

This is what I'm doing. Being nudged from dolman central to family area.

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I sit dolman central and take two kids u12 so that's an extra £170 for me to find.

So I'm going to move to family area where it's a bargain for me and two kids.

End of an era though had same seats for last 19 seasons.

Slightly confused to why I'm being asked to find extra £170? 

Also think need to more for new fans.

Moving is exactly what they want you to do. Free up expensive real estate for walk up prices.

Love the fact they have released the ST prices before the season goes completely to shit so they can still play the ‘regardless of what league we are in’ card.

I am annoyed that I can’t renew my daughters U19 season ticket in the Lansdown without a ridiculous price rise.

Based in the fact she will HAVE to move to the South Stand, does anyone know if she will still be first priority or if she has to wait for others to renew first, which if that’s the case is another slap in the face being left with the shit seats to pick from!

Absolutely taking the piss.

Standing section and South Stand  - no increase 

Kids to stay in existing seats with friends and family in Dolman - doubled 

Plus withdrawn after "consultation"

Loyalty scheme - mentioned in passing but no details whatsoever 

The usual comparison when something is good is "If Carlsberg did season tickets. . ." 

This must've been thought up by ****ing Strongbow!!!!! 

1 hour ago, Rc85 said:

I'm considering bringing my 3 year old to games from next season.. currently I'm a sthin dolman but my question is, if I buy my friend and I st in the family area, along with the boy, are we still permitted to use our seats for games he doesn't come too. I won't bring him to all 23.. night games, darkest winter etc?

I bought one last season for my nephew and me in the family section and he only came once, I still came to most games and there was no problem. 

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

Wow.  Really disappointed at this.

3 under 12s in the Dolman wings have now pretty much doubled in price to £297!

The pricing was previously a really positive step by the club and a cracking deal to attract the new generation of supporters, but crucially you were able to integrate them into areas where st holders had sat with existing family and friends everywhere in the ground (we have had the same seats for 20+ years).  The staged increases in price at various ages as they got older (and more likely to attend a greater number of  games, such as evening matches) seemed like a kind of template of where everybody knew where we were as time would progress and it was great to see the football club we trying to reach out to the younger generation.

I could have imagined slight increases in line with inflation at most, but I’m now left with quite cost prohibitive proposition to renew them all, not to mention not a lot of time!

There are of course other seats in other stands, but that assumes if price is your issue now, you will move to be able to take the kids. For me it was the fact that it became viable to take kids into my existing environment (able to sing and existing social connections) and that was the draw as I do not want to move to a sanitised family stand.

So I’m seriously considering only renewing one and letting the kids use it on rotation. They are nieces/nephew, so it is not as if I have to take them!

Also really gutted for those completely done over in the Lansdown lower.

I’d be really interested to hear what the FAN input into these proposals was if anyone can shed some light.

City, consistently screwing their fans over in times of good, since the year dot.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think the thing here that sticks out is the percentage. I’ve got my seat in dolman centre with my two kids. My seat goes up by  £70 - 14%, whereas the kids cost doubles to £100.

I can just about accept the kids increase - we choose not to be in the family corner, where we could keep the current price,and when you take the cost of a shirt off it’s still about £3 per game.

However - a 14% increase is way above any metric of inflation or standard wage rise. Council tax is increasing by 6% and people are outraged - so 14%? That just feels intuitively wrong

However, and here’s the kicker, they know that me and many others will pay it.

Makes me wonder if they are trying to force season tickets especially younger fans out of the central Dolman as they know these seats are easier to sell at Match Day prices. Under 19's are up nearly 50% if I remember rightly.

My 6yr old son’s season ticket in W13 has gone from £50 to £335. 

My Dad and I have been season ticket holders near the centre of the Williams (now Lansdown) stand for 40 yrs and this season extended to three generations of city fans in the same stand. Like many, we were there long before the Lansdowns. I don’t want to watch my football from a poorer viewing position and I don’t want a sanitised, family experience for my family. 

Could Matt Parsons or someone else from the club please explain how a 570% increase in my son’s ticket is anything other than scandalous? 

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

A ticket in the Atyeo 10 years ago was about £330 and now it’s £345 in the South Stand a decade on. 

I don’t see how any adult can call £15 a game too dear, other than for age specific categories, how far do you have to go back to find remotely comparable POTD prices?

I think most people that are moaning are generally in the Dolman or Lansdown or with kids and rightly so, the club are taking the piss imho, this doesn't really affect me as I am in SS and stays the same but I am certainly humble enough to see other fans perspective 

2 minutes ago, gordie said:

I think most people that are moaning are generally in the Dolman or Lansdown or with kids and rightly so, the club are taking the piss imho, this doesn't really affect me as I am in SS and stays the same but I am certainly humble enough to see other fans perspective 

I agree, but there’s always going to be cheap options and more expensive options. No one is making anyone sit in the centre of the side stands - there are tickets for all budgets to be fair. 

I would be not happy to be priced out of where I sit but there are multiple different price bands available was my point, with the cheapest actually being less expensive than last year and in real terms, cheaper than a decade ago. 

11 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Makes me wonder if they are trying to force season tickets especially younger fans out of the central Dolman as they know these seats are easier to sell at Match Day prices. Under 19's are up nearly 50% if I remember rightly.

Possibly, until we have another really shit season and they realise they can't take fans for granted. 

A consistent (predictable) approach to pricing is far better all round and fosters trust. 

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

A ticket in the Atyeo 10 years ago was about £330 and now it’s £345 in the South Stand a decade on. 

I don’t see how any adult can call £15 a game too dear, other than for age specific categories, how far do you have to go back to find remotely comparable POTD prices?

In season 08/09 I paid £410 for my Atyeo season ticket.

Archived