IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES (Merged)

RedM

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Had there been sweeping rises across the board I’d be inclined to agree, but aside from U22s it seems all ages can continue to watch every week for the same or slightly less? Unless I’ve missed something?

Mine in Dolman Central has gone up by the best part of 16%. I really think that is a large jump. 

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You say it's pathetic and ludicrous, but - aside from the issues being discussed here - is it really?  If a child can have a season ticket for £50 or even £99, I'd say that is very good value.  What else can you do with children that would entertain them for a couple of hours, 23 times a year, for that sort of money?

23 trips to the cinema would cost more.

23 trips to a soft play centre would cost a bit more.

23 trips to the swimming pool would cost about the same.

A single trip to Legoland for a family of four costs over £100 even using kelloggs vouchers!

I would argue that all of the above are lesser experiences than the excitement of going to a football match.

I completely disagree with the club's decision to oust families from their existing seats, but that doesn't suddenly make child season tickets poor value.  The issue is the lack of choice about where people sit, not the cost, in my opinion.

To be honest, this.

If the club increased all U12 bar family area to £99, I’d argue it still represented great vfm over a season. Ignoring the manufacturing cost of a shirt, my, and other people’s under 12s would want one so the net value after that remains first class. It’s a leap, but it’s still fine IMO.

For those in the Lansdown, however, it’s totally unreasonable as an increase to the £300+ mark for an U12. And forcing them to pay or move to inferior seats is really kicking in the teeth. Add in the “selective” increases above inflation to certain areas of the ground and not others and it’s easy to see why people are narked.

The solutions simple here - increase the U12 to £99 and U19 to £150 across the board. Apply a 5% increase to all other tickets and jobs a good un. There’d still be people dissatisfied but at least it’d be fair

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yes and it illustrates my point - for the main age groups (adult, u12, u19) there are tickets available that are the same or slightly cheaper than this year. Ok a 9% rise in concession prices 

I’m not defending the strategy. Just looking at it objectively as I’m not emotionally involved (already sit in cheapest stand) 

Amazing that you can't see what is right in front of you. Adult: Dolman Centre: 15.78% Increase. Lansdown Centre: 12.81% Increase. Concessions: Dolman Centre: 17.82% Increase. Lansdown Centre: 16.96% Increase.  U22 Everywhere: Average: 16.47% Increase. I could go on ...

1 minute ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I know it is tough. No one wants to turn their back on their team, but the club has to come first. What you have to remember is the team will still be there at the start of next season, but some fans won't be. Therefore the biggest statement possible has to be made. I'm sure they'll forgive us.

I appreciate it’s shit for those who have to relocate to not pay more, but it’s not like there isn’t an option of relocating (to a perfectly good seat) to pay the same or less (in most cases). 

Again im not agreeing with the prices/strategy, but just trying to look at it dispassionately. When an adult (presumably the biggest category of ST by far) can get a season ticket for £15 a game what exactly is it we’re protesting? That’s very good value and no more expensive than a decade ago. What other leisure activity can you say that about? 

The forced relocation of families is not good at all but how many people who aren’t affected are realistically going to protest that?

I have no issue with protesting but i can’t see what’s to be gained by doing it during matches in what is the biggest set of games in a decade. 

1 minute ago, The Original OTIB said:

Amazing that you can't see what is right in front of you. Adult: Dolman Centre: 15.78% Increase. Lansdown Centre: 12.81% Increase. Concessions: Dolman Centre: 17.82% Increase. Lansdown Centre: 16.96% Increase.  U22 Everywhere: Average: 16.47% Increase. I could go on ...

You’re missing the point mate. I’m not arguing against that. I’m saying most people who don’t want to pay those new rates are able to buy a south stand ticket at the same or less than this year 

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

Correct but we aren't competing for the best players. I thought we were unearthing "gems" and developing them. They don't cost a fortune compared to top end Champ players.

The club has dropped a huge bollock here, announcing prices when the team has been in a bit of a slump in 2018. I suspect people will wait and see how we finish, because next season theres every chance you can pick your seat once you're in the ground like last season.

That’s a very fair point. 

And yes, the club has made a huge hash of this. There was so much goodwill before this announcement, for the first time in a long time the club and fans seemed to be on the same page. This could set that process back years. 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

You’re missing the point mate. I’m not arguing against that. I’m saying most people who don’t want to pay those new rates are able to buy a south stand ticket at the same or less than this year 

and just how many spare South Stand Cheap seats are there? Your reasoning sounds like what Mr Ashton would call "on message".

1 minute ago, The Original OTIB said:

and just how many spare South Stand Cheap seats are there? Your reasoning sounds like what Mr Ashton would call "on message".

Again, I'm not defending the price increases, and thus haven’t given ‘reasoning’ on anything. 

I don’t know how many tickets are available in the SS, obviously not enough for everyone unhappy with the rises to relocate but I imagine a large proportion will suck it up (once again not saying it’s right) 

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Mate, have to disagree with you there. Paige and her cousin want to renew but will have to move to the south stand to make it affordable. Why should they be left with the dribs and drabs nobody else wanted? Would you think it was fair if they opened it up for a free for all for renewals and you potentially lose your seat to someone having to move as it’s unfair for those having to move to have to wait to renew?

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

I appreciate it’s shit for those who have to relocate to not pay more, but it’s not like there isn’t an option of relocating (to a perfectly good seat) to pay the same or less (in most cases). 

Again im not agreeing with the prices/strategy, but just trying to look at it dispassionately. When an adult (presumably the biggest category of ST by far) can get a season ticket for £15 a game what exactly is it we’re protesting? That’s very good value and no more expensive than a decade ago. What other leisure activity can you say that about? 

The forced relocation of families is not good at all but how many people who aren’t affected are realistically going to protest that?

I have no issue with protesting but i can’t see what’s to be gained by doing it during matches in what is the biggest set of games in a decade. 

Our cheapest ST is £345. That is a £46 increase on our cheapest ST last season. And no, £345 is not a good deal for football. Stop looking at our broken country and open your eyes to the world of football where most teams offer sub £200 STs. Just because we are not that bad compared to other club in the UK, doesn't make it right. 

Huddersfield went for £179 anywhere in the ground. They did alright. I'm just pretty annoyed at how 99% of football fans in England are treated and we are no different. Being fleeced all the ways to the cleaners. We're charging Sheff Wed fans £32 for an away day on Saturday. No way to treat any fan and we cannot keep excusing it by looking at other clubs and 'saying we're better than them'. Lets be the best club we can be. 

That starts by saying that fans mean more than the team, any other attitude and nothing will change. 

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Mate, have to disagree with you there. Paige and her cousin want to renew but will have to move to the south stand to make it affordable. Why should they be left with the dribs and drabs nobody else wanted? Would you think it was fair if they opened it up for a free for all for renewals and you potentially lose your seat to someone having to move as it’s unfair for those having to move to have to wait to renew?

I agree mate, no one should be forced to relocate due to completely disproportionate price rises. I would never argue that that’s in any way fair. 

But clubs will always point to ‘a season ticket can be had from £XXX’ 

So anyone who complains with ‘my ticket now costs £499’ will be met with ‘but you could pay £345’ you’ve just chosen a more expensive seat. 

Its shit when people have to move from an area they’ve become accustomed to, I’m not trying to make light of that. 

4 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Our cheapest ST is £345. That is a £46 increase on our cheapest ST last season. And no, £345 is not a good deal for football. Stop looking at our broken country and open your eyes to the world of football where most teams offer sub £200 STs. Just because we are not that bad compared to other club in the UK, doesn't make it right. 

Huddersfield went for £179 anywhere in the ground. They did alright. I'm just pretty annoyed at how 99% of football fans in England are treated and we are no different. Being fleeced all the ways to the cleaners. We're charging Sheff Wed fans £32 for an away day on Saturday. No way to treat any fan and we cannot keep excusing it by looking at other clubs and 'saying we're better than them'. Lets be the best club we can be. 

That starts by saying that fans mean more than the team, any other attitude and nothing will change. 

We could go round English football’s approach/shortcomings til the cows come home but the reality is we’re no different to 99% of clubs in the country. Not saying it’s right but English football is too far down the rabbit hole to change dramatically in the foreseeable future. 

Huddersfield are the 1% and were rightly applauded. I don’t know what their attendances were and how % full their stadium was but let’s not pretend that was anything but a business decision - it wasn’t a charity move. 

Football IS a business now, and as fans we want to have our cake and eat it. On the same page of the forum we have fans screaming for more millions of investment in the transfer market and fans screaming for frozen or reduced ticket prices. Which is it? Maybe we need to work out what we actually want before we protest it? 

If we want £100 season tickets for all then we have to accept that we won’t be looking to advance the club to another level.

If we want a promotion capable side and want to compare with the likes of Villa, Wolves, Derby, then we won’t be getting £100 season tickets. 

I don’t disagree with you about the overall state of the ‘market’, if you like, and English footballs approach to supporter relations. 

I would question your statement that £345 is too much for 23 instances of 90 minutes of a leisure activity for an adult - I can’t see that £15 a game at this level is unreasonable. I’d feel differently if I worked a minimum wage job I’m sure but the cold hard fact is a similar season ticket a decade ago was an almost identical price, whilst prices in all other walks of life are vastly inflated compared to 10 years ago.  

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I agree mate, no one should be forced to relocate due to completely disproportionate price rises. I would never argue that that’s in any way fair. 

But clubs will always point to ‘a season ticket can be had from £XXX’ 

So anyone who complains with ‘my ticket now costs £499’ will be met with ‘but you could pay £345’ you’ve just chosen a more expensive seat. 

Its shit when people have to move from an area they’ve become accustomed to, I’m not trying to make light of that. 

That’s the issue though, they aren’t choosing any seat, they are being forced to move.

In doing so they should open it up to everyone, first come first serve and someone who have had their season ticket in the south stand for the last season or two should be equally at risk of not getting the seat they want the same as someone having to move. Why should someone already with a seat be given preferential treatment?

I might be being daft here, but I’ve read through the email from City etc & here’s my question, am I & my son no longer allowed to sit in our current seats in the Lansdown stand W12? I see there is no price bracket for my son who is almost 6. Am I reading it correct that we have to now relocate to the upper Lansdown family area? COYR 

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

That’s the issue though, they aren’t choosing any seat, they are being forced to move.

In doing so they should open it up to everyone, first come first serve and someone who have had their season ticket in the south stand for the last season or two should be equally at risk of not getting the seat they want the same as someone having to move. Why should someone already with a seat be given preferential treatment?

Yes that’s a fair point in the case of the relocators. But I think in reality you’re never going to get away from the existing seat holder being able to extend their seat for another season. There’d be an even bigger outcry if that happened. 

2 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

I might be being daft here, but I’ve read through the email from City etc & here’s my question, am I & my son no longer allowed to sit in our current seats in the Lansdown stand W12? I see there is no price bracket for my son who is almost 6. Am I reading it correct that we have to now relocate to the upper Lansdown family area? COYR 

of course you can friend: just an increase from £50 to £255. Just a small matter of over 5 times the price.

3 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

just the small 51.52 % increase then. ... but you can have the sanitised "Family Section"... oh lucky you.

Indeed.  I feel like we've gotten off relatively lightly.  But do I trust the club?  Like ****ocks do I.

15 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

We could go round English football’s approach/shortcomings til the cows come home but the reality is we’re no different to 99% of clubs in the country. Not saying it’s right but English football is too far down the rabbit hole to change dramatically in the foreseeable future. 

Huddersfield are the 1% and were rightly applauded. I don’t know what their attendances were and how % full their stadium was but let’s not pretend that was anything but a business decision - it wasn’t a charity move. 

Football IS a business now, and as fans we want to have our cake and eat it. On the same page of the forum we have fans screaming for more millions of investment in the transfer market and fans screaming for frozen or reduced ticket prices. Which is it? Maybe we need to work out what we actually want before we protest it? 

If we want £100 season tickets for all then we have to accept that we won’t be looking to advance the club to another level.

If we want a promotion capable side and want to compare with the likes of Villa, Wolves, Derby, then we won’t be getting £100 season tickets. 

I don’t disagree with you about the overall state of the ‘market’, if you like, and English footballs approach to supporter relations. 

I would question your statement that £345 is too much for 23 instances of 90 minutes of a leisure activity for an adult - I can’t see that £15 a game at this level is unreasonable. I’d feel differently if I worked a minimum wage job I’m sure but the cold hard fact is a similar season ticket a decade ago was an almost identical price, whilst prices in all other walks of life are vastly inflated compared to 10 years ago.  

I mean this with the greatest respect but the above is exactly why English football is in the Rabbit hole. You recognise the short comings but then you play them off as irreversible. We are being screwed and have been for decades and people seem happy to just take it. Let's make our club the envy of others, not just another club. Why can't we make the 1% the 2% and join Huddersfield? Why can't we be positively rebellious. 

As for your value for money point, I go to Redpoint climbing at the top of Winterstoke road for £400 a year. I probably attend 1.5 times a week and normally spend 3 hours in there. That's about £1.70 per hour I spend in there. It's £10 per hour minimum for an adult at AG. Great value...

Edit: No Rabbit hole is too deep if you have enough people willing to dig. The question is are you in, and are you willing to dig?

4 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

of course you can friend: just an increase from £50 to £255. Just a small matter of over 5 times the price.

That’s just great. Our seats where selected /advised for us by Gareth ( disability officer, who I cannot thank enough) particularly with my sons needs in mind. & having finally got Elliott familiar with the area, the people around him & the whole match day experience ( which has been challenging) City are trying to move us! Or X5 the price. COYR 

This is the reason why people should still be applauded for raising questions of the club when we’re doing well rather than being ‘shot down’.  We know where this is going but a bit of a distraction by beating Man U etc and no one was allowed to mention it.  

The ground improvements were always intended to bring in more revenue to.

Another rather obvious point here is that if the regime get what they want and ALL  the kids are up top in the Lansdown, it is rather more likely to get feistier and more belligerent elsewhere. I've seen it many times where having children around makes a lot of people moderate their behaviour. Not always, but in the main I think it does.

I suspect more incidents in other sections of the ground going forward if this offspring cleansing goes ahead.

36 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

So everyone relocates to the cheaper seats.  Then what?  Dolman central is empty while punters are sitting on each other's knees in the South Stand?  Come on, there only a limited number of seats to go around in each area.  Saying cheaper seats are available is a joke, but they are not available to everyone.

3 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

That’s just great. Our seats where selected /advised for us by Gareth ( disability officer, who I cannot thank enough) particularly with my sons needs in mind. & having finally got Elliott familiar with the area, the people around him & the whole match day experience ( which has been challenging) City are trying to move us! Or X5 the price. COYR 

Pick a clown, any clown ...

jon.lansdown@bcfc.co.uk

mark.ashton@bristol-sport.co.uk (Head "Suit")

Caroline.Herbert@bristol-sport.co.uk (Chief Commercial Officer)

Rachel.Lemar@Bristol-Sport.co.uk (Head Of Supporter Services)

adam.baker@bristol-sport.co.uk (Ministry Of Information - or Lack Thereof)

doug.harman@bcfc.co.uk

keith.dawe@bcfc.co.uk

lisa.knights@bristol-sport.co.uk (No idea)

32 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I agree, as do many others. We need to communicate this as one. A campaign for fair prices nationwide.

7 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I mean this with the greatest respect but the above is exactly why English football is in the Rabbit hole. You recognise the short comings but then you play them off as irreversible. We are being screwed and have been for decades and people seem happy to just take it. Let's make our club the envy of others, not just another club. Why can't we make the 1% the 2% and join Huddersfield? Why can't we be positively rebellious. 

As for your value for money point, I go to Redpoint climbing at the top of Winterstoke road for £400 a year. I probably attend 1.5 times a week and normally spend 3 hours in there. That's about £1.70 per hour I spend in there. It's £10 per hour minimum for an adult at AG. Great value...

Edit: No Rabbit hole is too deep if you have enough people willing to dig. The question is are you in, and are you willing to dig?

I genuinely admire your passion about it, and I would love to see us be a trailblazer in that regard. But people would need to get real about what they can expect in terms of investment in squad and facilities under such an approach. You read this forum, you see how unrealistic a lot of our fans are now let alone in a world where matchday revenue is substantially reduced. 

Archived