IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES (Merged)

RedM

I notice even in the upper lansdown its only the wings available for the family area, so your still shafted for a seat near the middle. Also while im at it, we used to sit in the family area three seasons ago, all through the game you have kids walking past you, pasty, drink, then sweets, then it needs a pee X 2 and its not even half time yet, it got on all our nerves including my son, so we moved to the lansdown and have been very happy since, now they want an extra £205 quid for his seat, or we can go back to watching it in a version of football hell for us, brilliant.

I have to ask the question, I know these price rises were put to the "FAN" whoever they maybe!!!

But surely things like this need to be addressed by the Supporters Club / Trust?

Needs a strong reply from someone to show the disgust that is not only on here, but on many other internet and facebook platforms

One for @Blagdon red and maybe even needs @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO to come on and explain the massive increases / basically forcing those with kids out of their seats

4 minutes ago, Anglo-Welsh said:

Everyone on this thread is rightly p1ssed off, from the lack of time they've given supporters to get money together to save their seats, to the general prices increases and kids tickets/Lansdown stand debacle. 

Sad fact is everyone on this thread, or at least 90% of you, will have all renewed by March 19th. And if you don't, some other b*gger would move in and buy your seat. This is why the suits will ALWAYS win.

This is true, except for those with such extortionate increases that they have no choice.

I don't want to look my son in the face and say I've not bought a ticket due to a £50 increase UNLESS there was a groundswell movement of people doing the same - demonstrably.  Not sure how this would happen successfully.

Certainly happy to boycott all concessions and the shop without a second thought for now.

2 hours ago, super_scotty_murray said:

It is not just the players and manager who have got a bit too big for their boots in recent weeks, it is also the entire club it seems.

Everything we have done this season has been so positive, but this smacks of treating us like customers not fans, which I am surprised and disappointed by.

Why are you suprised mate? With all the positive strides the club has made i have to be honest since the Bristol Sport revolution i have never felt more of a customer of this club as opposed to a fan.

9 minutes ago, Anglo-Welsh said:

Everyone on this thread is rightly p1ssed off, from the lack of time they've given supporters to get money together to save their seats, to the general prices increases and kids tickets/Lansdown stand debacle. 

Sad fact is everyone on this thread, or at least 90% of you, will have all renewed by March 19th. And if you don't, some other b*gger would move in and buy your seat. This is why the suits will ALWAYS win.

If we get promoted or fail heroically in the playoffs maybe, but the way things are at present, I am pretty confident that there won't be a queue for SC's and this example of community awareness by the club will be a major factor in that.

3 minutes ago, bris red said:

Why are you suprised mate? With all the positive strides the club has made i have to be honest since the Bristol Sport revolution i have never felt more of a customer of this club as opposed to a fan.

Management knows best. 

• SC&T Board Members
6 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I have to ask the question, I know these price rises were put to the "FAN" whoever they maybe!!!

But surely things like this need to be addressed by the Supporters Club / Trust?

Needs a strong reply from someone to show the disgust that is not only on here, but on many other internet and facebook platforms

One for @Blagdon red and maybe even needs @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO to come on and explain the massive increases / basically forcing those with kids out of their seats

Actually, the prices were NOT put to FAN. They were merely asked for some very broad input back in January, when, I understand, their core message was "Don't put the prices up". Thereafter nothing was fed back to them, so they had no opportunity to express a view on the proposed prices. The first they saw of them, like all of us, was when they were announced yesterday.

The SC&T was not even asked its view in January or at any other time.

Consultation it was not.

A statement from the SC&T will be published shortly.

31 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Reading the posts on this topic clearly the overwhelming majority are of the opinion this is unfair with even those where the impact is limited on side.  I for one will not be spending any more of my hard earned cash in Bristol Sports tills on match days.  There must be a way of protesting that won’t impact on the team.  How about a sarcastic 1 minute applause from the Doman aimed at the directors on the 16th minute in line with the 16% ticket increase?

Water off a ducks back. The only name in the directors box that counts is Lansdown and Jon displayed his contempt for fans after the Cardiff home game.

Just now, The Original OTIB said:

I don't use Twitter, but would somebody with such facility be so good as to contact Colin Murray etc? I feel that the sooner this escalates and Bristol Sport are widely and publicly vilified, the better. Any takers?

In my email from the FSF they said it isn't always the best plan to get press involved straight away. 

2 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

In my email from the FSF they said it isn't always the best plan to get press involved straight away. 

With 3 weeks to go I think it is.  They're always keen for good news to reach the press.  Bad news deserves an equal footing.

1 minute ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Personally I agree, but they will have more experience dealing with other clubs and therefore are in a more informed position, so I'd be happy to trust them.

Agreed.  Just my opinion too.  I'm just concerned about those not on this forum already worried by what they have been informed.

• SC&T Board Members

SC&T statement (saving you clicking the link):

"The Supporters Club & Trust are somewhat baffled by the timing and pricing strategy for the 2018/19 season tickets. In what appears to be a concerted effort to free up arguably the best and most lucrative seats, the impact has fallen squarely on parents with children under 12 who are facing an increase in price for the child’s seat from £50 currently to £335 next season if they wish to stay where they sit at present, often with other family members and friends. Whilst we were not consulted in this instance, FAN was asked for opinions in January but not given the opportunity to offer any feedback on the proposed pricing structure before it was announced yesterday. We have all been taken a bit by surprise, especially with just 3 weeks to find the cash to retain our seats when the season still has 2 months to run.

We recognise that the entry-level price to watch, what will at least be Championship (or possibly Premier League) football, is still good. What is hard to reconcile is that this decision impacts hardest the loyal supporters who are bringing their kids along to a stadium that is not sold out each week. Whilst we all want success for our football club, we would argue that this should not come at any price.

Come on the Bristol City Board, we urge you to revise your thinking on this one. Withdraw these proposals and commit to some meaningful consultation by meeting with fans next Wednesday evening at 7.30pm in the Supporters Bar."

I am hoping this is a clever policy of fake news by the club....namely, issue a ridiculous proposal to generate a full on #### storm, then move to a diluted version that everyone embraces but which without initial fake news version, would itself have generated a #### storm.

Not unlike that abortion of a kit they got David Cotterill to model before releasing a slightly better (If still crap) version. 

That's what I hope anyway.

This used to be fans and their club, its now a business and its clients.

I was even considering a oap ST next season, for a second anyway; their way or the highway...I`ll do the highway...again.

8 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

I am hoping this is a clever policy of fake news by the club....namely, issue a ridiculous proposal to generate a full on #### storm, then move to a diluted version that everyone embraces but which without initial fake news version, would itself have generated a #### storm.

Not unlike that abortion of a kit they got David Cotterill to model before releasing a slightly better (If still crap) version. 

That's what I hope anyway.

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Despite a general improvement in the playing side and infrastructure.. Bristol Sport still don’t quite ‘get it’ do they.

It’s pretty concerning they appeared to just ignore SCAT, FAN and SLO ideas on pricing. These are groups and individuals who do understand what fans want, foolish to ignore them.

What's distasteful is not just the price increase, but the reason for it.

Picture it - move force swathes of youngsters and families to the cheap seats, leaving the here-today-gone-tomorrow prem wannabies to come in and pay top bucks for the best seats.

I can't think of a more obvious slap in the face to supporters who spend cash they can ill-afford in many cases.

And for some reason they think we can't guess the real reasons behind their decisions.  If they think we are that stupid then they should be the ones donning the dunce's hat.

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

What's distasteful is not just the price increase, but the reason for it.

Picture it - move force swathes of youngsters and families to the cheap seats, leaving the here-today-gone-tomorrow prem wannabies to come in and pay top bucks for the best seats.

I can't think of a more obvious slap in the face to supporters who spend cash they can ill-afford in many cases.

And for some reason they think we can't guess the real reasons behind their decisions.  If they think we are that stupid then they should be the ones donning the dunce's hat.

Precisely. Haven’t said too much on this one because most people seem to be summing up what I would say far better than I would. 

I think some aspects of the Bristol Sport model are great, but their repeated gaffes over things like this (not to mention things like St George flag-gate) really are very poor.

How did a, presumably, group of people come to this consensus thinking it would be popular?

14 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Let's assume everyone renewed their seat (:laugh:) - how much increase in revenue would the club be expecting?  Any ideas?

Just enough to cover dionys wages, so basically you have kids paying for some french bloke to do an impersonation of bas savage down the gate. 

Archived