IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES (Merged)

RedM

17 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Fair assessment.

Massively, massively out of touch if they didn't predict this.

At least the fans know who/what they are dealing with.  CORPORATE, CORPORATE, CORPORATE.  They've watched too much Champions League on the telly and forgotten what a club is about.

Actions, not words.

It's astounding that the SCAT weren't consulted over such a wide-ranging bunch of increases/changes. That's a criticism of the Club, not @Dollymarie etc who would have immediately told the Club that this would cause widespread condemnation and hugely negative publicity. If prices need to increase, that's fine, but why not a standard % across the board so that everyone is treated fairly. To freeze some yet increase others by such staggering percentages really does beggar belief. 

23 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Fair assessment.

At least the fans know who/what they are dealing with.  CORPORATE, CORPORATE, CORPORATE.  They've watched too much Champions League on the telly and forgotten what a club is about.

Actions, not words.

Please excuse my ignorance all,but are  such "changes" as these here being discussed 'placed by SL for the 'thumbs up prior to final approval ???

Apologies if already covered on this thread-

23 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Fair assessment.

Actions, not words.

Please excuse my ignorance all,but are  such "changes" as these here being discussed 'placed by SL for the 'thumbs up prior to final approval ???

1 minute ago, Robert the bruce said:

Triple post!

No idea - you'd actually hope he didn't sign this off. 

10 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Triple post!

No idea - you'd actually hope he didn't sign this off. 

I doubt if anything as important as ST pricing isn’t signed off by him, especially with background. 

Just now, RedM said:

I doubt if anything as important as ST pricing isn’t signed off by him, especially with background. 

It has got his fingerprints all over it. I can't remember any decision he has made that was made to build a club atmosphere or give us any slack at all. Re-opening the EE was hard enough.

Once a businessman, always a businessman. 

12 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Glad he's enjoying it! :thumbsup:

Cheers mate. He loves it. Wants to wear his City kits every day, not his school uniform! Wants to watch the City Vs Man Utd game every morning. Wants me to phone Joe & Bobby when he’s been good. How can we go from beating United & feeling on top of the world to this in less than 3 months!? COYR 

5 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

It has got his fingerprints all over it. I can't remember any decision he has made that was made to build a club atmosphere or give us any slack at all. Re-opening the EE was hard enough.

That’s great if you are running a business isn’t it, but even though you have to take the business attitude with a football club they are different aren’t they. You cannot upset and isolate customers as they are fans foremost.

I must admit when I saw the Coffee shop closed and transformed to a restaurant type place for both Manchester matches I did feel sad that it was very obviously desperate for space to squeeze the last few pounds out of every square inch available. This is much the same with the kids seats. The greed we are showing isn’t attractive at all, infact it downright ugly.

Don't know if this has been covered completely but as I'm in exile and don't have an ST any more, I plugged the numbers into Excel to see what it was like for everyone else.

Of 36 different price categories, FOUR are reduced, THREE held and TWENTY NINE increased.

The price of success is pretty expensive.

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 10.49.41.png

24 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Fair assessment.

Actions, not words.

1 minute ago, RedM said:

That’s great if you are running a business isn’t it, but even though you have to take the business attitude with a football club they are different aren’t they. You cannot upset and isolate customers as they are fans foremost.

I must admit when I saw the Coffee shop closed and transformed to a restaurant type place for both Manchester matches I did feel sad that it was very obviously desperate for space to squeeze the last few pounds out of every square inch available. This is much the same with the kids seats. The greed we are showing isn’t attractive at all, infact it downright ugly.

I've made it known for some time I don't like SL because this exactly the kind of thing I expected from him. I have never really felt truly valued by him, and this confirms he'd rather have our cash than our support. 

23 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

10 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I'm not so sure, he would have people in place for such mundane things as season tickets. I doubt very much if he has that much of an eye on things, must have to give the people he has put in place to run the club. Of course I may be wrong.
Why not everyone Tweet John L , he's the fan after all, not saying it will make the smallest of difference but he may get an idea of the feelings of the fanbase. It doesn't really affect me but it seems madness to alienate the part of the fanbase that could be the cash cow for generations.

I’ve got no problem with SL. He’s been brilliant for our club generally . But he’s been very badly advised on this issue with people who must be so out of touch with reality. If they don’t do a complete U turn I can see a complete collapse in support for his regime which considering where we were 2 months ago is very sad. 

Look after loyal fans, consult, understand and they’ll be there a lifetime. Corporates and big game Charlie’s are here today gone tomorrow. 

6 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Don't know if this has been covered completely but better get robbing a bank if you're a teenager with an ST in the Dolman or lower Lansdown.

Of 36 different price categories, FOUR are reduced, THREE held and TWENTY NINE increased.

I've posted a similar spreadsheet about 7 or 8 times already so I'm not sure how you missed it. That said, this layout might help the minority that are hard of understanding and who have massively missed the point, so many thanks. This is the only time that I know of that a Football club has used ECONOMIC THREAT AND EXTORTION to move families and children from where THEY WANT to sit into a single location. You are allowed ONE family experience and it is one that the Supreme Leader has dictated through his suits. They DO NOT want Children anywhere but where THEY WANT. The South Stand is an appeasement this year to get the sales going and to "prove" that the club has "got it right". You. Are. Next.

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm not so sure, he would have people in place for such mundane things as season tickets. I doubt very much if he has that much of an eye on things, must have to give the people he has put in place to run the club. Of course I may be wrong.
Why not everyone Tweet John L , he's the fan after all, not saying it will make the smallest of difference but he may get an idea of the feelings of the fanbase. It doesn't really affect me but it seems madness to alienate the part of the fanbase that could be the cash cow for generations.

I’ve sent him 4 tweets but not a single reply . 

2 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

I've posted a similar spreadsheet about 7 or 8 times already so I'm not sure how you missed it. That said, this layout might help the minority that are hard of understanding and who have massively missed the point, so many thanks. This is the only time that I know of that a Football club has used ECONOMIC THREAT AND EXTORTION to move families and children from where THEY WANT to sit into a single location. You are allowed ONE family experience and it is one that the Supreme Leader has dictated through his suits. They DO NOT want Children anywhere but where THEY WANT. The South Stand is an appeasement this year to get the sales going and to "prove" that the club has "got it right". You. Are. Next.

It's a 16 page thread and my toboggan won't ride itself. But yes, completely agree.

13 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Don't know if this has been covered completely but as I'm in exile and don't have an ST any more, I plugged the numbers into Excel to see what it was like for everyone else.

Utterly disgraceful.  Robin Bastards!!!!

7 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

To be honest I don’t think it would make much difference, after all they get to sit with their friends, don’t worry about money for a ticket or other bills, they can still have their children sat with them etc.

Yes I fully appreciate they have invested millions in the club, but I guess that’s not so difficult when you have millions left, and as my Dad used to say you can’t take it with you. It’s all relevant. People now are trying to find hundreds more than expected, and don’t have hundreds spare. And you can’t pay what you haven’t got.

16 minutes ago, RedM said:

I think the club can upset its customers in a way other businesses can't precisely because those customers are fans. There is a loyalty to the club that has nothing to do with the quality of service provided. We can decide not to go, but the 'competition' for a football club is not a similar business - we're not going to start supporting a different club (at least not a League club). The 'competition' is fans deciding to do something different on a Saturday afternoon; and in the final analysis relatively few will do that. So a football club has much more scope to treat its customers badly than most businesses. As BS is currently demonstrating.

2 minutes ago, lager loud said:

I think the club can upset its customers in a way other businesses can't precisely because those customers are fans. There is a loyalty to the club that has nothing to do with the quality of service provided. We can decide not to go, but the 'competition' for a football club is not a similar business - we're not going to start supporting a different club (at least not a League club). The 'competition' is fans deciding to do something different on a Saturday afternoon; and in the final analysis relatively few will do that. So a football club has much more scope to treat its customers badly than most businesses. As BS is currently demonstrating.

You are right of course, I did consider they have us emotionally as their ‘product’ is the only one any of us wants, no competition. I was probably meaning morally they shouldn’t upset customers as they are the custodians of something very special, a football club and it theirs to look after not exploit their position of trust. But then I guess you have to have morals and not a thick skin, business people don’t seem to be able to have both. 

This may have been said already but I don't really understand the players needing our support comments. Surely it is their ludicrous wage demands that are necessitating the price increases in the first place.

Perhaps a mass walk out would make them think about the impact their money grabbing has on fans. It isn't all the club just like it isn't all the manager when results go badly. I've never understood how lightly players seem to get off.

I would support a walk out. If we have to sacrifice three points and potential promotion to make a point on how the club is being run and football in general I think it is worth it.

2 minutes ago, Keep the Faith said:

This may have been said already but I don't really understand the players needing our support comments. Surely it is their ludicrous wage demands that are necessitating the price increases in the first place.

Perhaps a mass walk out would make them think about the impact their money grabbing has on fans. It isn't all the club just like it isn't all the manager when results go badly. I've never understood how lightly players seem to get off.

I would support a walk out. If we have to sacrifice three points and potential promotion to make a point on how the club is being run and football in general I think it is worth it.

It’s not ‘money grabbing’ it’s the going rate. 

Football wages across the board are high, if you’re lucky enough to be a footballer you’re hardly going to volunteer for lower wages in the name of ethics.

Anyone had responses from any messages they have sent to officials about this?  

I have had a response from Matt Parsons and the FSF, but nothing from my mail to Mark Ashton.  Anyone heard from anyone at the club, especially Mr Ashton, Jon Lansdown, Adam Baker, etc?  

570% increase for my sons seat, I still can't believe it!

Archived