IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES (Merged)

RedM

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

You are right of course, I did consider they have us emotionally as their ‘product’ is the only one any of us wants, no competition. I was probably meaning morally they shouldn’t upset customers as they are the custodians of something very special, a football club and it theirs to look after not exploit their position of trust. But then I guess you have to have morals and not a thick skin, business people don’t seem to be able to have both. 

Indeed.

No-one should be in any doubt that SL is an extremely hard-nosed businessman, so that decisions like this are unsurprising. But he's closer to the old model of local businessmen (almost always men, in practice) with a real affinity for their club than many owners these days. Which, in spite of times like this, is probably something to be grateful for.

17 minutes ago, lager loud said:

I think the club can upset its customers in a way other businesses can't precisely because those customers are fans. There is a loyalty to the club that has nothing to do with the quality of service provided. We can decide not to go, but the 'competition' for a football club is not a similar business - we're not going to start supporting a different club (at least not a League club). The 'competition' is fans deciding to do something different on a Saturday afternoon; and in the final analysis relatively few will do that. So a football club has much more scope to treat its customers badly than most businesses. As BS is currently demonstrating.

There is competition on beer and food.  There's a start.

Given one can easily smuggle in a kitchen sink and a small road digger unchallenged, I'm sure a pasty and a drink will be easy for most.

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It’s not ‘money grabbing’ it’s the going rate. 

Football wages across the board are high, if you’re lucky enough to be a footballer you’re hardly going to volunteer for lower wages in the name of ethics.

How do you try and change the going rate other than making some kind of point?

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

There is competition on beer and food.  There's a start.

True. I don't often drink beer at a game, but have got into the habit of having a snack and coffee from the fan zone or concourse before KO. Very easy to go back to only using the Clark's pie van.

3 minutes ago, Keep the Faith said:

How do you try and change the going rate other than making some kind of point?

Well why would any of our players volunteer to do that? It’s a short career and they can earn lots of money. They’re obviously going to capitalise on that opportunity rather than willingly sacrifice their wages for ‘ethical’ reasons.

Has anyone from the club explained the reasons behind the decision?

It looks to me like they want the upper tier Lansdown to be one massive family area?

It could be safety reasons?

It could be to encourage an atmosphere by moving little ears far enough away from some of the more close to the knuckle chants?

They obviously want to force families upstairs by increasing the cost significantly enough for children downstairs leaving them with literally no choice other than to move. Does anybody know why?

2 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Has anyone from the club explained the reasons behind the decision?

It looks to me like they want the upper tier Lansdown to be one massive family area?

It could be safety reasons?

It could be to encourage an atmosphere by moving little ears far enough away from some of the more close to the knuckle chants?

They obviously want to force families upstairs by increasing the cost significantly enough for children downstairs leaving them with literally no choice other than to move. Does anybody know why?

Frees up the ‘good seats’ for charging high rates for POTD or corporate seats I think. Middle areas of Dolman and Lansdown in particular are the most desirable areas and the club want to make more money on those areas.

Come on @AdamB you and the club in general are happy enough to be all over the media when it suits. It really is about time that you answered the queries being raised here and across the media - social or otherwise - and the genuine concerns being shown for the way the club is treating its core support here. Let's have some answers please.  Before this starts to become an embarrassment to our club. 

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Frees up the ‘good seats’ for charging high rates for POTD or corporate seats I think. Middle areas of Dolman and Lansdown in particular are the most desirable areas and the club want to make more money on those areas.

As has been said over and over again on this thread. Cynical and ECONOMIC EXTORTION/COERCION. Extortion remains a criminal offence by the way B.S:

" obtaining money, property, or services from an individual or institution, through coercion. "

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Oh right, so it's V-sign to regular supporters and all about the big bucks?

Yep, well this is a business I suppose, and if supporters want success long term then maximising profits to pay the wages of the egos on the pitch has to happen.

SL has invested heavily in the club and wants to see ROI. We as fans have to get used to it. It's the 'franchise fc' that the Sags mock us about, but it is the truth. It's an entertainments business now.

4 minutes ago, lenred said:

Come on @AdamB you and the club in general are happy enough to be all over the media when it suits. It really is about time that you answered the queries being raised here and across the media - social or otherwise - and the genuine concerns being shown for the way the club is treating its core support here. Let's have some answers please.  Before this starts to become an embarrassment to our club. 

Absolutely - if only a holding statement - "We're aware that many fans are raising concerns and we are meeting internally to best decide how to respond.  Oh, and the reasons for the changes we are implementing are ....."

3 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Yep

3 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Yep, well this is a business I suppose, and if supporters want success long term then maximising profits to pay the wages of the egos on the pitch has to happen.

SL has invested heavily in the club and wants to see ROI. We as fans have to get used to it.

Not really, I think most would’ve accepted a price hike across the board but the way they’ve gone about this unethical raise for children’s tickets amongst other things is wrong. The club has a duty to be part of the community and this clearly isn’t a decision that will benefit it. It’s unetical, poorly planned and I think will backfire.

5 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

SL has invested heavily in the club and wants to see ROI. We as fans have to get used to it. It's the 'franchise fc' that the Sags mock us about, but it is the truth. It's an entertainments business now.

No we don't. When you look at what people are worth, many will spend more on their ST every year than SL did on the new stadium. He chose to do that, why should he force his agenda on us? **** is ROI

22 minutes ago, lenred said:

Exactly, the fact the cowardly bastards are hiding away now while the shit hits the fan makes this all even more infuriating and insulting.

14 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

No we don't. When you look at what people are worth, many will spend more on their ST every year than SL did on the new stadium. He chose to do that, why should he force his agenda on us? **** is ROI

Spot on. We're not his toy.

34 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I'm not sure it does though. I was in the Upper Lansdown as a POTD* on Boxing Day, with my dad and my sister's boyfriend. For three tickets a princely sum of £123. £41 per spectator including fees.  There's not much that's more than that.  So I don't think they'll be milking POTD by filling the Upper tier with families.

*not actually POTD, but buying single seats in advance on general sale.

15 minutes ago, tts_city said:

This seems to be the clubs attitude, thing is though this wont blow over.

god-offline-have-apint-and-wait-for-this

I'm gonna ******* well ensure it won't blow over on my own!

Utter bastards hiding away and not answering our concerns head on. Even if this gets resolved, I've lost almost all respect for the "Bristol Sport" side of the club.

I sense the club might be considering a U-turn on this.  The PR has been appalling and the lack of any comment from anyone does not suggest they have already stopped trying to defend the decision and are now considering revising the plans.

I could be completely wrong by my instinct is they will have to act decisively to bring an end to this.

5 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'm gonna ******* well ensure it won't blow over on my own!

Utter bastards hiding away and not answering our concerns head on. Even if this gets resolved, I've lost almost all respect for the "Bristol Sport" side of the club.

The silence is deafening. 

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I sense the club might be considering a U-turn on this.  The PR has been appalling and the lack of any comment from anyone does not suggest they have already stopped trying to defend the decision and are now considering revising the plans.

I could be completely wrong by my instinct is they will have to act decisively to bring an end to this.

But their true colours have been shown and we mustn't just accept it an move on if they do U-turn. Every decision they now make should be scrutinised fully. 

The roll-out has been so bad, it can surely be only justified by something triggering it in the background.

Beginning to think someone has badly miscalculated our FFP figures and we are at serious risk of a massive fine. That would explain the rushed announcement, earlier than normal sales period and increased prices. Could also go some way to explain January’s transfer strategy. 

Amazed if it is seeing we’ve had our own Sky channel for the last 2 months and the increased gate and sponsorship receipts from the cup - but there has to be some explanation for this epic strategy/communication ‘failure’. 

13 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Oh for god's sake.  You want someone to lose their livelihood because of this?  Get a grip

If someone (no doubt handsomely remunerated) at OUR club thinks it's ok to raise the prices of the season tickets of some disabled kids by 570% I would be absolutely delighted if they ****** off, yes.

Archived