IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES (Merged)

RedM

8 minutes ago, Wilksi said:

The FSF are under the impression. The SC&T are meeting he club next week. Is this not the case?? 

We we need to get something out on social media exploring people not to renew until the discussions have come to a (positive) conclusion. 

Matt Parsons usually attends, we have invited others and are awaiting a response. 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Looking at the posts on here and other social media platforms, it’s fair to say, that one bit of shit can completely ruin all the goodwill and stuff that’s been created of late.  Bit sad really.

I don’t want to bang the "disability" drum, but as part of the initial part of the redevelopment at end of 13/14 season, I was told that there might not be sufficient wheelchair spaces to accommodate Joe’s season ticket renewal.  Imagine how I felt.  I held my counsel, and even after writing to Dave Lloyd, I was given the same message.  All I got back was "some people are going to lose out, we are redeveloping the stadium". I pointed out that no other season card holding group would not be able to renew their ticket, even if they had to move, but Dave was saying "tough shit" in effect.  I was getting ready to go to the press (last resort), when Kay got it sorted.  It shouldn’t resort to "people sorting it", it should be planned properly.

This year it feels very much like, we’ve got enough / too many kids on cheap season card deals in areas where we could make more money, and the demand is there (20k crowd average, sell-outs etc), let’s hike the prices, force them to move, or at least get a stupid amount of money off of them if they won’t move.

It smacks of arrogance.

That's totally outrageous, Dave. What on earth are they doing to 'redevelop' the stadium that would mean less wheelchair spaces?

I'm glad you got it sorted but what is happening to other fans in those areas?

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

... too many kids on cheap season card deals in areas where we could make more money, and the demand is there (20k crowd average, sell-outs etc), let’s hike the prices, force them to move, or at least get a stupid amount of money off of them if they won’t move.

It smacks of arrogance.

Indeed.  They didn't want to increase the amount they pay, they wanted rid of them.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Someone better at maths than me would need to try it.. but would be interesting to see an educated guess about how much revenue our current ST holders bring in.. what these new prices may bring in (if similar numbers) and how this % increase can be spread out across other areas.

I’d be surprised if even a 3% increase across the board doesn’t wipe out any extra revenue generated by these poor proposed prices.

I think you are missing the point about why people are angry actually.

16,000 season ticket holders, let’s say conservatively £250 average....£4m a season.  I suspect the average is higher than £250.

Correct.  We are Section A4, which is kind of in between upper and lower LS....on the same level as the Corporate boxes....if that makes sense.

So are they anticipating selling lots of "CORPORATE DISABLED" tickets?  I'd imagine there won't be many of those, thanks to the Tories.

On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 17:33, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Don't give you much warning. 3 weeks or lose your seats, a grand isn't a small amount of money to conjure up. 

To be fair to the club season ticket renewal takes place the same time every year - its not like its come out of the blue.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Someone better at maths than me would need to try it.. but would be interesting to see an educated guess about how much revenue our current ST holders bring in.. what these new prices may bring in (if similar numbers) and how this % increase can be spread out across other areas.

I’d be surprised if even a 3% increase across the board doesn’t wipe out any extra revenue generated by these poor proposed prices.

I think you are missing the point about why people are angry actually @Fontaineofallknowledge - it’s a principle argument as much as a financial one.

The 16/17 accounts for Bristol City Holdings showed season tickets generating £2,940,291 whilst the wider "ticket sales" group (incl. STs) had revenues of £5,019,776.

2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

That's totally outrageous, Dave. What on earth are they doing to 'redevelop' the stadium that would mean less wheelchair spaces?

I'm glad you got it sorted but what is happening to other fans in those areas?

Basically they had to give the Atyeo wheelchair portion behind the practice net to away fans, and they planned to move us to the Wheelchair Section just around the corner...behind the Megastore.  That would’be been fine....but then there were no toilet provisions without going through the away area, that was deemed unsafe for home fans.  So some fans were allocated to other wheelchair areas where there were spaces, but we weren’t....not sure how it was done....Guess length of season card held....we were the noobies.

As it happened that is exactly what we ended up doing, but Kay asked us if we minded going through the away fans...which I was fine with.  Good banter with the way fans as it happens!!

Nobody lost out as a result in the end.

Don’t believe Kay is there anymore, she was a great help.

2 minutes ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

To be fair to the club season ticket renewal takes place the same time every year - its not like its come out of the blue.

Erm, it doesn't.  Earlier than I can ever remember this year.

Basically they had to give the Atyeo wheelchair portion behind the practice net to away fans, and they planned to move us to the Wheelchair Section just around the corner...behind the Megastore.  That would’be been fine....but then there were no toilet provisions without going through the away area, that was deemed unsafe for home fans.  So some fans were allocated to other wheelchair areas where there were spaces, but we weren’t....not sure how it was done....Guess length of season card held....we were the noobies.

As it happened that is exactly what we ended up doing, but Kay asked us if we minded going through the away fans...which I was fine with.  Good banter with the way fans as it happens!!

Nobody lost out as a result in the end.

Don’t believe Kay is there anymore, she was a great help.

For this reason we ended up avoiding AG during the redevelopment (the early part anyway - the promotion year)

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

No idea as to the amount of kids season tickets, must be 1000 or less?

3 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

The 16/17 accounts for Bristol City Holdings showed season tickets generating £2,940,291 whilst the wider "ticket sales" group (incl. STs) had revenues of £5,019,776.

My guess at £4m not too bad :P

5 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Interesting thanks, according to my quick calculation that’s an average of £183.76 per season ticket holder based on 16k ST holders.

I imagine the club would prefer an average closer to £200 per season ticket holder which would bring us up to £3,200,000 if we matched 16k. Maybe this is their attempt at hitting this benchmark.

On 27/02/2018 at 18:10, Fat Cigar said:

I've been going to the FAN meetings for over a year now. In response to Adam Baker's question about what we wanted to see with re to STs, I said "no increase in prices as a minimum." 

Seems this has been ignored. My season ticket will go up from £429 (plus £2 booking fee) to £499. That's a seat in the Lower Dolman, centre. A £70 increase is far far too much. Correct me if I'm wrong (I know I will be as I'm hopeless at Maths) but that's a 14% rise. 

That’s what I was told too.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Interesting thanks, according to my quick calculation that’s an average of £183.76 per season ticket holder based on 16k ST holders.

I imagine the club would prefer an average closer to £200 per season ticket holder which would bring us up to £3,200,000. Maybe this is their attempt at hitting this benchmark.

So roughly a 10% increase?  There you have it - raise prices on all tickets by 10% - now the management can go to lunch - sorted.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I imagine the club would prefer an average closer to £200 per season ticket holder which would bring us up to £3,200,000 if we matched 16k. Maybe this is their attempt at hitting this benchmark.

There weren’t 16k in 16/17....was it 13k? 

3 minutes ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

"To be fair to the club season ticket renewal takes place the same time every year - its not like its come out of the blue."

"Not sure of the exact dates but its always towards the end of the season"

You don't work in the ticketing department by any chance, do you?

• SC&T Board Members
1 hour ago, The Original OTIB said:

Any news from the club yet Blagdon?

No. Only Matt doing to his best to reply to mails while at his mate's wedding overseas.

Mark Ashton has been formally invited to attend Wednesday's meeting. As far as I know, no reply has yet been received.

On 28/02/2018 at 03:46, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all,

First off I hear the frustrations that I’m seeing across OTIB, Twitter, email.

As SLO I am not responsible for setting the prices, however when I was shown them I had many of the same questions that are being voiced on this thread, so I wanted to give a quick summary.

There are lots of comments about Under 12 price rise in the Dolman and it being removed from Lansdown lower altogether. In the Lansdown, the club want to get more families sitting together and feel that is best in the family area. I understand that this means moving from lower to upper tier and possibly moving away from friends that have been made in that area and did raise this point. In the Dolman an under 12’s rate was included, (albeit the season ticket price raised from £50 to £99), and the premium seat price of £4.30 per match was still deemed good value for a child ticket in that part of the ground. At the January FAN meeting, the free shirt home shirt was deemed to be popular, so it was important that was maintained for all under 12 season card holders as it has done for the past 4 years. With more emphasis on the family area there will be a review of what is possible given the restrictions, and working with AGL & Bristol Sport we will look at improving the fan experience in that area of the ground. This also goes for continually looking to evolve the stadium as we become more familiar with the stadium renovation.

A few people asking if price rises were considered across the board and this is something I did raise. The club wanted to ensure the lowest price season card remained the same at £345. There was feedback at FAN that it would be good to look for a further reduction at entry level, however it was felt that £15 a match was still good value. The match day prices in the Lansdown and Dolman were still felt to be really good for Championship football.

There are currently no plans to expand the singing section, however as afar as I’m aware the current blocks will remain unreserved as it has done previously.

The specifics of the loyalty scheme are still being finalised and there will be a further announcement regarding what the loyalty scheme looks like in due course.

My role now as SLO  is to summarise  all of the thoughts, feelings and views of the fans and making sure everyone is aware of them back at Ashton Gate. This is is something that I will do over the next few days. As Harry mentioned I am away at the moment (a wedding that was booked before I got the job offer at the club). I will be jumping on line when I can, however please bear with me as there is a 7 hour time difference. I will be back in the office on Monday 5th March. 

Matt

I bet there isnt a gif for this sh1testorm

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That’s what I was told too.

@Davefevs if this meeting is going ahead on Wednesday, are you able to attend, just would be great to have as many different views round the table as possible, and yours should be one of them. Would be great if you (Joe is invited too obviously) can come along. 

• SC&T Board Members
34 minutes ago, Wilksi said:

The FSF are under the impression. The SC&T are meeting he club next week. Is this not the case?? 

We we need to get something out on social media exploring people not to renew until the discussions have come to a (positive) conclusion. 

We are meeting the club next week to the extent that we have invited Mark Ashton to attend our scheduled meeting on Wednesday. Matt Parsons has already confirmed that, as he has done since starting his job, he will be there. We don't yet know whether Mark will attend.

Speaking personally, not on behalf of the SC&T, I do think it would be a good idea for everyone to consider delaying renewal of their ST (if they intend to do so) until AFTER that meeting. There is nothing to be lost by doing so and perhaps a lot to be gained.

58 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Well there are two choices

To pay

Or not to pay.

BS is not a charity, the numbers have been crunched and this is the outcome. 

Here, hear. Well said sir. This might be the right time for our majority owner to do another Radio Local interview, just to remind these ungrateful swine moaning on here just who puts most money into this club. Just in case they missed it, a year ago.

Tch!

Archived