IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES (Merged)

RedM

2 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Out of interest, do you have a Season Ticket, where do you sit and do you have any children? 2. Do you sit alone or with friends?

The years of taking my kids and their friends down to the Gate have long passed, I go when I can, but I live a fair distance away, your final question sounds like you are having a pop (out of interest)

I am as still as keen as mustard regarding City, I used to travel home and away every Saturday, all the Cup matches too, I have see this club come back from the brink, near the top of the old 1st and the bottom of the old 4th, what we have now is light years from that era, it's a different game, and it's all about revenue I am afraid. 

So, you take your choices, like I do.

Don't know if anyone else has posted about the FSF. I emailed them yesterday afternoon and had an instant response. I emailed City complaining about the season ticket costs on Tuesday evening and have not heard a word.

Response below from FSF

We've had quite a few emails about this today. It doesn't sound good. Would it be OK with you if I pass on your email to our affiliates at Bristol City Supporters Trust to hear their thoughts as well? Just to figure our next steps etc as instantly putting it into the public domain doesn't always guarantee the best results. We also meet the EFL on a bi-annual basis in meetings with fan groups and, without prempting everyone's opinion involved in setting that agenda, I should imagine this would be a prime candidate for inclusion.

Many thanks,
Michael
The FSF

I gave the go ahead and then got another response.

Super, I believe the Bristol City Supporters Trust are meeting the club next week and this evidence will prove very useful for them. Similarly when we raise the issue with the EFL, first hand opinions are very important.

Don't know if any good will come from it but at least someone is reading the emails at the FSF and replying !!!

6 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Bottom line is the cheap seats were heavily subsidised, the club cannot afford to lost that amount of revenue

Do we want to be financially viable or just another tin-pot club?

Given that Season Cards only apply to league games, these 'cheap' / 'subsidised' seats are still bringing in revenue as I don't remember too many sold out league games this season. If every league game was a sell out........,...

3 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

The years of taking my kids and their friends down to the Gate have long passed, I go when I can, but I live a fair distance away, your final question sounds like you are having a pop (out of interest)

I am as still as keen as mustard regarding City, I used to travel home and away every Saturday, all the Cup matches too, I have see this club come back from the brink, near the top of the old 1st and the bottom of the old 4th, what we have now is light years from that era, it's a different game, and it's all about revenue I am afraid. 

I think he's asking whether having to move would cause you a problem as you might have to move away from friends.

I don't believe that you fully grasp the arguments here and the general response to your comments confirms that. The overall economic model is not the issue here. Many would accept an equitable increase within reason. The affect on children, the disabled and groups of friends who have sat together for years is a very real concern for by far the vast majority.

6 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

I don't believe that you fully grasp the arguments here and the general response to your comments confirms that. The overall economic model is not the issue here. Many would accept an equitable increase within reason. The affect on children, the disabled and groups of friends who have sat together for years is a very real concern for by far the vast majority.

4 minutes ago, Red Grovesy said:

Given that Season Cards only apply to league games, these 'cheap' / 'subsidised' seats are still bringing in revenue as I don't remember too many sold out league games this season. If every league game was a sell out........,...

....and that's in reply to a non ST holder

Fair reply. It sounds as though you are POTD for matches of your choice, so not directly affected by ST price increases. The theme on here is more ST price related. You appear to be mischief making on here although you are entitled to your views.

8 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Much rather be a tin-pot club over a high flying team that prices people out. 

Yes that is I am afraid what some of City supporters feel too, there does come a time when we have to balance the books you know. I understand my views are not popular, and I am getting rubbished, but I am afraid it is  the truth that is the most bitter of pills to swallow. 

2 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

THAT is the problem.

I could save £310 by relocating to the South Stand......but I don't want to.

7 minutes ago, Red Grovesy said:

They don't have to sell out every match ...but the revenue will be still much more compared with the previous tariff  .  

28 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

I am sure if ST's are not taken up en mass, they might reconsider the pricing policy, but big new stadiums come at a cost, as does a successful football team knocking on the door to the biggest league in football, we need to attract top players and they come at a cost, so you really have to pay for it. A Season Ticket still represents great value, if you really want the Old Third Division days without all seater stadiums  awful food and beers, and a team that doesn't inspire...there's always the other lot.:whistle:

1. We are not knocking on the door of the biggest league in the world, we are on the slide hence comments about the timing of this.

2. We are not in the business of attracting top players, we are supposed to be buying cheap and developing.

3. You dont have to go back to league One days to justify a fair priced season card for all.

Whoever came up with the idea of pushing families around and stiffing supporters for price increases of about 7 times inflation should be fired immediately.  

Supporters have continued to follow the club through upheaval, despite shocking economic conditions with no growth in pay rises, massively increasing debt levels and lower standards of living and the reward they get is some ******* rich**** in a suit from an organisation that does nothing but employ overpaid managers decides to rip them off.

**** off City.

5 minutes ago, marmite said:

Fair reply. It sounds as though you are POTD for matches of your choice, so not directly affected by ST price increases. The theme on here is more ST price related. You appear to be mischief making on here although you are entitled to your views.

Not mischief making at all, just trying to make some sense out of what the club is doing, I know it's tough, especially for those with families, I used to take my three sons and their mate for quid a kid, so I understand value for money, but it's a different game now, I am afraid, and we have to shape up..  

7 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Yes that is I am afraid what some of City supporters feel too, there does come a time when we have to balance the books you know. I understand my views are not popular, and I am getting rubbished, but I am afraid it is  the truth that is the most bitter of pills to swallow. 

Simple question - do you not believe there is a fairer, more equal way of increasing revenue by the same amount?

They don't have to sell out every match ...but the revenue will be still much more compared with the previous tariff  .  

Whats the difference between a youngster paying £50 in the Lower Lansdown (where my season ticket is) to a youngster paying £50 in the 'Family Section" if you don't sell out?

3 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

Dolman E31 is central, ergo up 15.78% Rob. Or perhaps a typo error and you are in the wings?

Oh yeah E33. I never remember what these things are called. Block B to me.

2 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Not mischief making at all, just trying to make some sense out of what the club is doing, I know it's tough, especially for those with families, I used to take my three sons and their mate for quid a kid, so I understand value for money, but it's a different game now, I am afraid, and we have to shape up..  

You mean bend over and take everything?

4 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Whoever came up with the idea of pushing families around and stiffing supporters for price increases of about 7 times inflation should be fired immediately.  

Supporters have continued to follow the club through upheaval, despite shocking economic conditions with no growth in pay rises, massively increasing debt levels and lower standards of living and the reward they get is some ******* rich**** in a suit from an organisation that does nothing but employ overpaid managers decides to rip them off.

**** off City.

100%

4 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

1. We are not knocking on the door of the biggest league in the world, we are on the slide hence comments about the timing of this.

2. We are not in the business of attracting top players, we are supposed to be buying cheap and developing.

3. You dont have to go back to league One days to justify a fair priced season card for all.

1. Being 7th in the league with a real chance of the play offs I would say we are.

2. Don't be daft.

3. Agreed but as I sad this is 2017, I probably a lot older than you and most on here, but I still understand we have to be viable.

4 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

The point is if that quid a kid offer was increased to 20 quid a kid, even you would be upset.

Any club that treats its supporters of the future in the manner in which Bristol City has is tinpot, end of.

Even if this price increase was inevitable and unavoidable, no time was given to prepare, no time to save, no waiving (or club subsidising) the finance admin fee in consideration of the increased prices as a goodwill gesture for instance... nothing.

Rank amateur and what I'd expect from Horfield. A lot has been said on these forums about how Rovers would put up with it but we wouldn't yada yada yada. Time to test that.

14 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

I am not quite sure why you always ignore the fact that the over 65s across all stands have had a disproportionate increase,

4 minutes ago, Red Grovesy said:

Whats the difference between a youngster paying £50 in the Lower Lansdown (where my season ticket is) to a youngster paying £50 in the 'Family Section" if you don't sell out?

The difference is when we do sell out. You plan for the highest revenue not the lowest.

2 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I am not quite sure why you always ignore the fact that the over 65s across all stands have had a disproportionate increase,

Have you not noticed how angry I am about the whole thing? I posted the first spreadsheet explaining the reality. You are correct. Elderly, Disabled, Children: all targets: Corrected below:

I don't believe that you fully grasp the arguments here and the general response to your comments confirms that. The overall economic model is not the issue here. Many would accept an equitable increase within reason. The affect on children, the elderly, the disabled and groups of friends who have sat together for years is a very real concern for by far the vast majority.

2 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

No I would exercise my choice as to pay or not, and support those that do pay. 

Thereby leaving 4 kids upset and not understanding the reason why. Lets agree to disagree on this subject.

Archived