IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES (Merged)

RedM

2 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Could be the Club is trying to price out the kids from coming,?

Try banging out a rendition of 'Fight Fight' surrounded by a load of 6/7 year old's?  :blink:

An interesting thought.

I'd be tempted to give this some credence if we'd made a decent effort in January   ... "who needs kids when we're in the Prem".  Not nice but true while Prem lasts.

I wouldn't put that past certain people in the Bristol Sport hierarchy.

4 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Could be the Club is trying to price out the kids from coming,?

Try banging out a rendition of 'Fight Fight' surrounded by a load of 6/7 year old's?  :blink:

Only in the Lower Lansdown, the rest of the ground is still very cheap for kids.

The LL is now the home for our wealthier fans, or the adults who simply can't stand the sight or sound of children!

And it was the Stoke home game last Saturday, a shed load of young girls were screaming over the commentary,  clearly it rattled the presenter, and it ruined the atmosphere, I had to switch off. 

By all means love ya' kids but some might think a football match where you have to be mindful of 'The children' before you have a go at the Ref, players or opposing fans is probably not good for most blokes.;)

Whilst we are at it....

Female presenters at footie matches, sorry I love women all women honestly, but that is just too much.

The game is gone...

5 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Only in the Lower Lansdown, the rest of the ground is still very cheap for kids.

The LL is now the home for our wealthier fans, or the adults who simply can't stand the sight or sound of children!

And Bristol's fans of the Premier League.

5 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

And it was the Stoke home game last Saturday, a shed load of young girls were screaming over the commentary,  clearly it rattled the presenter, and it ruined the atmosphere, I had to switch off. 

By all means love ya' kids but some might think a football match where you have to be mindful of 'The children' before you have a go at the Ref, players or opposing fans is probably not good for most blokes.;)

Whilst we are at it....

Female presenters at footie matches, sorry I love women all women honestly, but that is just too much.

The game is gone...

It went with Sky and the Prem......

20 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Yep, fair point, but is there anything stopping you all buying tickets in the Dolman stand instead?  It is a better atmosphere (sometimes)!

I guess we could all move but I think the point is that since we (the adults) always stood in the enclosure then sat in the Williams now sit in the Lower Lansdown it is not something we want to be forced to do.

Let's say we all re-located to the Dolman, would the club pull the same stunt next year on the Dolman? Who knows.

36 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Not sure why there is so much consternation about having to buy seats in different stands if wanting to make the saving on child tickets.  New friendships will be forged, everybody will still be watching the same game, fans can meet up with their former match companions either before or after the game.

You could probably get a job advising Mark Ashton with those empathy skills, you'd fit right in. 

I think many fans unaffected by the more outrageous elements of the pricing have been really strong at backing those impacted, it's been impressive solidarity.  Even if facing no real change them selves they can understand that forcing families who may have sat in the same part of the ground for many years (before they had children) is not acceptable.  A 570% price increase and effectively banning anyone under 22 (by not even offering prices) from key parts of the ground is not right for anyone and most people can see this. 

56 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I appreciate fans don't like moving seats, but surely the only reason the children tickets are not available in the lower Lansdown is down to the fact the club want all children and families to sit in the upper family stand.  After a few games of sitting in a different place, it will soon fill like home.  I was a Dolman man for over twenty years, now I'm a South Stander, and all is fine.

Family stand tickets in the Lansdown are still very cheap and all the kids will be able to cheer together / make each game like a big party!

If the family area was in a more appropriate area I think much of the problems would be reduced - but I can tell you categorically that kids do not want to be in the section furthest from the pitch. I am currently in the front row of the Dolman and face moving to the family area or South Stand (or pay an extra £220 from last year). My kids reaction to the suggestion of the family area said it all.. they'd rather not go!

1 minute ago, Buckeyed said:

If the family area was in a more appropriate area I think much of the problems would be reduced - but I can tell you categorically that kids do not want to be in the section furthest from the pitch. I am currently in the front row of the Dolman and face moving to the family area or South Stand (or pay an extra £220 from last year). My kids reaction to the suggestion of the family area said it all.. they'd rather not go!

I wonder how many children were spoken to during the consultation process.

Their views are really important.

26 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I appreciate fans don't like moving seats, but surely the only reason the children tickets are not available in the lower Lansdown is down to the fact the club want all children and families to sit in the upper family stand.  After a few games of sitting in a different place, it will soon fill like home.  I was a Dolman man for over twenty years, now I'm a South Stander, and all is fine.

Family stand tickets in the Lansdown are still very cheap and all the kids will be able to cheer together / make each game like a big party!

With all due respect Kev, this is where you’re missing the point. 

Yes, the value is there if you want to move to the upper tier. But the issue is that everyone under 19 is affected. So it’s not just a dad with one kid that is ok to move, it’s the groups of people who have kids within the group, for example, 3 generations of one family, grandad can’t move to top tier as eyesight and legs aren’t good, or groups who sit together and there’s a dad who brings his kid, they’ll now have to sit on their own and not amongst their usual group.

The point is that it’s not the pricing of the u19 tickets in the upper tier that people are angry about, it’s the fact that groups and families are being forced to split up or pay through the roof. The club have misjudged the reason why most people attend football - it’s a social event as much as it is a sporting event. People attend football to spend time with friends and family, it’s out of touch of the club to think that everyone who is under 19 wants to sit in a family area. 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yes, the value is there if you want to move to the upper tier. But the issue is that everyone under 19 is affected. So it’s not just a dad with one kid that is ok to move, it’s the groups of people who have kids within the group, for example, 3 generations of one family, grandad can’t move to top tier as eyesight and legs aren’t good, or groups who sit together and there’s a dad who brings his kid, they’ll now have to sit on their own and not amongst their usual group.

The point is that it’s not the pricing of the u19 tickets in the upper tier that people are angry about, it’s the fact that groups and families are being forced to split up or pay through the roof. The club have misjudged the reason why most people attend football - it’s a social event as much as it is a sporting event. People attend football to spend time with friends and family, it’s out of touch of the club to think that everyone who is under 19 wants to sit in a family area. 

Great post, couldn't agree more.

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

A hundred likes to this post.

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Spot on Harry. Its a business decision not a football decision.

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

Well articulated Harry

4 minutes ago, marmite said:

Spot on Harry. Its a business decision not a football decision.

Indeed

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Harry, like others have said - great points, and please note that I am speaking as a fan who doesn't attend with his kids, and rarely sits in the same place - so totally different kettle of fish.  But is there anything stopping that group of fans you've mentioned from all just buying tickets in a row or a few rows in the Dolman or the South Stand?  Yes, it is crap to be forced to do so, but are there still enough seats around the ground to accommodate this?  Can't these groups still stay together in other places, and then save money as they are not forking out for the expensive Lower Lansdown tickets anyway?

Earlier this week the club announced its season card prices for the 2018/19 campaign.

Following consultation with the Supporters Club & Trust, we can confirm that an Under-19s and Under-12s price will now be released for the Lansdown Stand lower tier.

Under-19s will be able to purchase season cards in the Lansdown Stand lower wings for £150, working out at just £7 per game, whilst our Under-12s will be able to purchase for £99 (£4 per game), with a free replica shirt.

For tickets in the central blocks a £199 season card is available to Under-19s (£9 per game), whilst an Under-12s ticket with free replica shirt for £150 is now on offer – this works out at just £7 per game for some of the best seats in the house.

Extending the popular Family Area in the upper tier of our biggest stand is part of our overall desire to make this stadium one of the best fan experiences on matchdays, for all ages. We look forward to announcing the plans for improving the family matchday experience further.

To reflect this new offer and to give all of our supporters greater opportunity to purchase their existing seats, we will also be extending the renewal deadline from March 19th to March 26th.

We would also take this opportunity to remind supporters of the Pay Monthly scheme, which will be offered exclusively during the advanced sales period only, with the cost of a season card split over ten months (subject to £25 admin fee).

4 minutes ago, Red Grovesy said:

Earlier this week the club announced its season card prices for the 2018/19 campaign.

Following consultation with the Supporters Club & Trust, we can confirm that an Under-19s and Under-12s price will now be released for the Lansdown Stand lower tier.

Under-19s will be able to purchase season cards in the Lansdown Stand lower wings for £150, working out at just £7 per game, whilst our Under-12s will be able to purchase for £99 (£4 per game), with a free replica shirt.

For tickets in the central blocks a £199 season card is available to Under-19s (£9 per game), whilst an Under-12s ticket with free replica shirt for £150 is now on offer – this works out at just £7 per game for some of the best seats in the house.

Extending the popular Family Area in the upper tier of our biggest stand is part of our overall desire to make this stadium one of the best fan experiences on matchdays, for all ages. We look forward to announcing the plans for improving the family matchday experience further.

To reflect this new offer and to give all of our supporters greater opportunity to purchase their existing seats, we will also be extending the renewal deadline from March 19th to March 26th.

We would also take this opportunity to remind supporters of the Pay Monthly scheme, which will be offered exclusively during the advanced sales period only, with the cost of a season card split over ten months (subject to £25 admin fee).

Still absolutely ridiculous! A 100% increase  for an U19 in the central Lansdown stand ffs! So they can say they are not discriminating but they are still making it unaffordable 

So they've climbed down half a step and now they're just ripping off children instead of banning them.  Wonderful. 

Nowhere near enough, they're still trying to get away with price rises across the board that are about five times inflation.  

Where I am with this.... my ticket in dolman wings has gone up. Me and 3 kids last year less than 700. This year more than 800.

We all enjoy it... but that's ridiculous for the same seat. Except for a few games there are plenty of empty seats around me... Had we not had such a good start and hence high profile games then there would doubtless be more empty seats. 

I always bought into city wanting to build for the future. When they built this stadium they wanted people in it... including kids... who would fill it regularly in years to come. The priorities for them have changed. And I'm afraid that arrogant attitude has led mine to change too.

I will not be renewing

1 hour ago, Nibor said:

Nowhere near enough, they're still trying to get away with price rises across the board that are about five times inflation.  

Gross exaggeration.  SS haven't increased at all except for pensioners (age discrimination?) and adult prices except in the Dolman and Lansdown centres have increased approximately 5 - 6%.

Certain groups have had significant increases, it is not across the board.  I expect most ST holders have had what they would consider a reasonable increase. 

5 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Gross exaggeration.  SS haven't increased at all except for pensioners (age discrimination?) and adult prices except in the Dolman and Lansdown centres have increased approximately 5 - 6%.

Certain groups have had significant increases, it is not across the board.  I expect most ST holders have had what they would consider a reasonable increase. 

Look at this post where somebody did the math:

That makes it pretty clear that the average increase is between 10 and 15% or five times inflation, particularly when you consider the numbers of supporters that buy each type of ticket.

A very long way from a gross exaggeration.

23 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Reasonable?

Disabled and OAP's hit particularly hard - minimum 9% (South Stand) through 15% (Dol. wings) to 17% (Dol centre /L.centre). All disabled concessions withdrawn.

Presumably you're ok?

16 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Look at this post where somebody did the math:

That makes it pretty clear that the average increase is between 10 and 15% or five times inflation, particularly when you consider the numbers of supporters that buy each type of ticket.

A very long way from a gross exaggeration.

That is so flawed. There is absolutely no way that the average ST increase is 10 - 15% and if the SC&T claim that on Wednesday they will look stupid.

1 minute ago, Drew Peacock said:

That is so flawed. There is absolutely no way that the average ST increase is 10 - 15% and if the SC&T claim that on Wednesday they will look stupid.

Most child tickets are up 50% - 100%.

I haven't done a full calculation but I imagine its not far from that.

2 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Reasonable?

Disabled and OAP's hit particularly hard - minimum 9% (South Stand) through 15% (Dol. wings) to 17% (Dol centre /L.centre). All disabled concessions withdrawn.

Presumably you're ok?

No, I am an OAP, but I expect the majority of ST holders are non-OAPS in the SS or adults in the wings.

9 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I'm sorry are you arguing with the laws of maths now?

All of the adults 22-64 in the Dolman and the Lansdown lower and the South Stand whether in the wings or not have had price rises from 4 to 18%.  Does that somehow not constitute a majority?

Archived