IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES (Merged)

RedM

sorry If a stupid question, going to renew but also get one for my 6 year old on the Lansdown upper. If he can attend for ever reason ie Tuesday night games during school will I be able to go on my own? As it’s a family section? Or do you have to bring a child?

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Apparently there aren't going to be any dual City and Rugby season tickets for next year, really disappointing that...

Where has this come from? (not doubting you, I'm just amazed!) 

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Really? So much for unity under the BS umbrella. @Dollymarie can anyone attend this meeting on Wednesday?

I'm a dual season ticket holder and will be going on Wednesday. 

Yet another OG from Bristol Sport if this is true. 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Has anyone renewed yet?

Not a criticism if you have, just wondering if anyone has parted with their hard earned or are most/all waiting until Wednesday and the Meeting.

Yes, we have. Not much point in not doing so, two adult tickets in Dolman block 32. We're never going to be eligible for any discounts and we've sat there on and off for years. I'm afraid I'm resigned to the fact that those of us sitting in the centre blocks of the Dolman will be taken for granted when pricing decisions are made - we do have the best seats in the house, even if there is no leg room and it takes 15 minutes to get out...

But good luck to all of those with something to battle for. Seems to me that the club - to mix metaphors - shoots itself in the foot with its handbrake turns. Either it's a good idea to give youngsters a discount and get them along, and to have joint STs with the rugby club...or it isn't. It's confusing if the policy changes every couple of years with no communication of the thinking behind it. 

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Tell them I will be disappointed with this. Assume they'll increase the prices and announce as soon as promotion in assured although any more performances like yesterday and it could be in doubt. 

2 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

sorry If a stupid question, going to renew but also get one for my 6 year old on the Lansdown upper. If he can attend for ever reason ie Tuesday night games during school will I be able to go on my own? As it’s a family section? Or do you have to bring a child?

Yes of course you can. There’s hundreds of young’uns each game that don’t turn up. 

24 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Yes of course you can. There’s hundreds of young’uns each game that don’t turn up. 

I know of a fair few adults who've paid the £50 for a child ticket just to reserve the premium seat next to them just in case they want to being a guest now and again. I've even heard of someone with a ticket for a fictitious kid. A pity that genuine young fans get affected but at least the price increases should stop this nonsense...

7 minutes ago, Calculus said:

I know of a fair few adults who've paid the £50 for a child ticket just to reserve the premium seat next to them just in case they want to being a guest now and again. I've even heard of someone with a ticket for a fictitious kid. A pity that genuine young fans get affected but at least the price increases should stop this nonsense...

From what I understand, this type of ‘practice’ is in a very small minority....and they have data to check those constantly upgrading child to adult.

21 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

And that is probably why the club want to maximise revenue from the prime seats.   

Yes, definitely. I can understand why they did it but didn’t go about it in a very professional way. I think a truthful explanation may have helped

• Admin
11 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Yes, definitely. I can understand why they did it but didn’t go about it in a very professional way. I think a truthful explanation may have helped

Definitely, if that’s what it’s about, why not be honest and at least gloss it over with some spiel about increased revenue leading to an increased player budget.  It would still upset those affected, people don’t like change, but at least it would show some attempt at transparency.

Looks like me and my brother will lose our seats we have had for a couple years, travelling up from Plymouth is costly enough and I don’t have the money readily available at this short notice. 

Gutted but the clubs entitled to do as it pleases. May just have to be a handful of away games next season! 

1 hour ago, Calculus said:

And I know one who bought his son a ticket to use two or three times a year and he, the father, would use it for the other games!

And he's not short of a bob or two (millions)

3 hours ago, Red Exile said:

Yes, we have. Not much point in not doing so, two adult tickets in Dolman block 32. We're never going to be eligible for any discounts and we've sat there on and off for years. I'm afraid I'm resigned to the fact that those of us sitting in the centre blocks of the Dolman will be taken for granted when pricing decisions are made - we do have the best seats in the house, even if there is no leg room and it takes 15 minutes to get out...

But good luck to all of those with something to battle for. Seems to me that the club - to mix metaphors - shoots itself in the foot with its handbrake turns. Either it's a good idea to give youngsters a discount and get them along, and to have joint STs with the rugby club...or it isn't. It's confusing if the policy changes every couple of years with no communication of the thinking behind it. 

Nothing like a bit of solidarity. 

The Supporters Club & Trust urged all fans to delay purchase until their meeting with the club on Wednesday. 

I know you are not affected (neither am I) but the point was to show solidarity as a whole fanbase. 

Never mind. 

1 hour ago, Calculus said:

It should be impossible to get a ticket for a fictitious kid. With my two, I had to send photos of passport as proof of age. Not saying kids don’t attend, but any kid ticket would have been validated.

From my perspective my two are 9 & 6. The 9 year old loves it but the 6 year old barely goes. He’s just starting to get into it now - invested in his seat in the full knowledge that it’d be hardly used this season but we wouldn’t have to relocate when he was into it. Imagine there’s a few parents do the same

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

The Supporters Club & Trust urged all fans to delay purchase until their meeting with the club on Wednesday. 

I know you are not affected (neither am I) but the point was to show solidarity as a whole fanbase. 

Never mind. 

I won't part with any money until the very last moment.

5 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Has anyone renewed yet?

Not a criticism if you have, just wondering if anyone has parted with their hard earned or are most/all waiting until Wednesday and the Meeting.

I haven’t renewed yet....and I’m thinking the club will release the details of this new loyalty scheme as close to the ‘lose your seat’ deadline as possible because I reckon it won’t be popular.

There was nothing wrong with the Adult Plus etc season ticket levels...that already rewarded loyalty....if it ain’t broke?

the official website

"There are some errors with your order. To resolve, simply hover over the little yellow symbol that has appeared next to your ticket which will provide more information."

to the club what effing yellow symbol please just put a buy my effing seat button @AdamB

4 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Where did you hear or glean that?

Been in E-Mail conversation with them:

Hi.

So there will be no discounts for joint season cards ?

That’s correct, discount is being replaced with loyalty points. I’m afraid I have no more details on how this will work at present.

Regards

So what I get from that is that there will be no discount for dual season tickets, may well be wrong though

31 minutes ago, Harry said:

Never mind. 

Well I'm afraid that passed me by Harry. And I'm on the SC&T email list. Would have been perfectly happy to delay if I'd known. 

Last I heard from the SC&T was about the beam back from Cardiff.

2 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

Looks like me and my brother will lose our seats we have had for a couple years, travelling up from Plymouth is costly enough and I don’t have the money readily available at this short notice. 

Gutted but the clubs entitled to do as it pleases. May just have to be a handful of away games next season! 

Have you not thought about the DD option. 

Spreading the payments over 10 months makes things so much easier.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

From what I understand, this type of ‘practice’ is in a very small minority....and they have data to check those constantly upgrading child to adult.

Nothing to do with upgrading tickets, it keeps the seat next to them free so when their mate does decide to turn up for the odd games he can purchase a ticket for a cheaper part of the ground and use the premium seat.

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Nothing to do with upgrading tickets, it keeps the seat next to them free so when their mate does decide to turn up for the odd games he can purchase a ticket for a cheaper part of the ground and use the premium seat.

Ah yes, not a lot you can do unless steward checks tickets.

1 hour ago, reddoh said:

the official website

"There are some errors with your order. To resolve, simply hover over the little yellow symbol that has appeared next to your ticket which will provide more information."

to the club what effing yellow symbol please just put a buy my effing seat button @AdamB

PLEASE

8 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Has anyone renewed yet?

I am not renewing until after Wednesday evening's meeting and I urge all current Season Card holders to do the same as has been suggested elsewhere on OTIB.  There well may be further adjustments to be made.  I'll be hanging on to my money until the 24th.  

10 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Been in E-Mail conversation with them:

Hi.

So there will be no discounts for joint season cards ?

That’s correct, discount is being replaced with loyalty points. I’m afraid I have no more details on how this will work at present.

Regards

So what I get from that is that there will be no discount for dual season tickets, may well be wrong though

Cheers. So for Dual ST Holders there was the increased 20% discount at the concessions but also the 10% discount on the overall price of both tickets. 

You'd have to imagine that the new scheme (and I agree with the if it ain't broke don;t fix it comment above) is a Bristol Sport scheme that will tie together City, Bris and the  Flyers. It would make absolutely no sense to have each club "do their own thing" but they are replacing something that  already works well and that everyone now understands with something very vague and - arguably - that will be less of an incentive to use the concessions etc. 

Archived