IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES (Merged)

RedM

14 hours ago, Calculus said:

I know of a fair few adults who've paid the £50 for a child ticket just to reserve the premium seat next to them just in case they want to being a guest now and again. 

The guest, of course, would have to purchase a ticket (unless trying to sneak in which is why the stewards are there.) Not sure if the club allows it but why not be able to do one game upgrades for tickets, thus preventing the loss of the second seat (unless the objective is to inflate attendance figures...?) Worse case the costs of both seats probably see no loss to the club.

It's the same principle for saying only named ticket holders should use their seats. Is it wrong if I'm unable to attend to 'lend' my ticket to a mate who perhaps can't afford to go often these days? I think better they remain acquainted and spend a few shekels on beer and pies rather than have the seat go to waste, though one could offer they've denied the club theoretical  revenue for the ticket they wouldn't have bought?

13 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

Looks like me and my brother will lose our seats we have had for a couple years, travelling up from Plymouth is costly enough and I don’t have the money readily available at this short notice. 

Gutted but the clubs entitled to do as it pleases. May just have to be a handful of away games next season! 

They are offering a 10 month instalment payment plan. 

Lots of criticism here, some of it justified, some of it not thought through. Not read the thread in it’s entirety, but lots of negative opinion without anyone seemingly suggesting solutions.

The club unfortunately need to raise the concession prices (especially for the young ones, the cheapest tickets) to avoid the system being abused.

Next season 2x Adult tickets in the LS Centre cost circa £1200, 1xAdult & 1xU12 in LS Centre cost circa £750.

If 2 adults decided to go halves on 1xAdult LS Centre & 1xLS C U12 & 1 Adult SS they’d still save themselves over £100 (at this seasons prices even more), both would be able to sit in the most expensive seats in the house as no one checks tickets there, they would also have the unused spare ticket and free kids shirt. That spare ticket can be upgraded to an adult if required, although an adult could risk using it, or sold on (lower than POTD prices) the potential value of that ticket in games where demand is high (Manchester etc...) can be significantly more.

I do not/have not done this, nor do I condone it. I have heard of many instances (at the Gate, in the Pub, on here) where people (adults) have abused the system. On a Saturday when amateur football gets called off many players who are adults and non SC holders buy concessions or use available concessions.

Not every supporter (especially ‘part-time’ supporters) are willing to pay the full whack, some will buy a cheaper band of ticket, some will buy in the cheapest stand then sit where they like as there are usually plenty of seats. Plenty of shady people out there who would rather see the cash in their own pockets instead of the clubs.

The group I sit with has been affected by the price increase and we are a multi-generational group. We have to take it on the chin and pay because that’s what we do. I do feel for anyone who has been priced out of their preferred seat and forced to move or groups which have separated, but I suggest unless you can think of another way the club can maximise revenue then you have to pay, either up front or in instalments.

Really don’t want to upset anyone, but I can understand the clubs new pricing structure. With our improved Ashton Gate it is harder to ensure everyone is who they say they are and sat where they should be, without divisions between the differently priced areas, every single ticket being checked on the way in and then again at the stairwells I can’t see what the club can do.

Just to reiterate I am a full paying adult, the only thing I have done in the past is given my ticket to other adults when I’ve not been able to attend. 

12 hours ago, m42 said:

I am not renewing until after Wednesday evening's meeting and I urge all current Season Card holders to do the same as has been suggested elsewhere on OTIB.  There well may be further adjustments to be made.  I'll be hanging on to my money until the 24th.  

Every current ST holder should be doing this to show our dissatisfaction with next seasons ST pricing strategy.

48 minutes ago, zombie said:

That spare ticket can be upgraded to an adult if required, although an adult could risk using it, or sold on (lower than POTD prices) the potential value of that ticket in games where demand is high (Manchester etc...) can be significantly more.

Kids tickets can only be upgraded 3 times per season; and you pay the relevant uplift to the POTD price. 

I cannot see how doubling the price of kids tickets to stay in the same seat, in a stadium that IS NOT sold out, is in any way justifiable. 

Shame on Bristol City for such sharp practice :redcard:

Club needs to manage the people abusing the concessions tickets, amount of 20-50 year olds coming through the turnstiles and it buzzing blue (concessions) was amazing, may that’s the reason they want kids up in the gods, so they can manage or better 

40 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Kids tickets can only be upgraded 3 times per season; and you pay the relevant uplift to the POTD price. 

I cannot see how doubling the price of kids tickets to stay in the same seat, in a stadium that IS NOT sold out, is in any way justifiable. 

Shame on Bristol City for such sharp practice :redcard:

I know from friends that the 3 times policy isn’t enforced and normal uplift also seems to be around £25, which is cheaper than POTD (even factoring the price per game of the kids ticket), even if the 3 times policy were enforced, there is a work around, if someone has 2 kids and neither or just 1 attend, then they can bring a friend willing to pay the uplift 6 times (3x for kid A & 3x for kid B) a season, if they have 3 kids then up to 9 times.I also know that many adults use kids/concession tickets, I don’t agree with it, but it happens, on a match day I have stood in the turnstile queue and on the concourse and seen many adults go through on a blue light, I’m pretty sure that they are not all mature students, the stewards are either busy or distracted by other supporters or not there or interested.

I do feel for the kids and/or their parents who have to find another £50 per child, they will either have to stump up or move to area occupied by similar supporters, but I do see where the club is coming from and why they’re doing it. As punters we will choose to either to scrap the ticket, move to the area the club wants or pay the increase.

I believe the club have upped the prices because they think certain seats/areas should be generating more revenue, the existing affected SC holders can move, leave or pay the increase. I imagine most of the affected will pay up or move up, my nephews has gone up by £50, he is staying put.

People want a better stadium, with better facilities, watching better players, who are signed for and are on big money and they want it done in a sustainable manner, but who pays for this? I’m annoyed that the beer has gone up down there and at my local, yet I still drink at both and understand the business and economics behind it, it isn’t always down to greed.

I will be waiting for the outcome of the meeting and probably won’t renew until the last minute. 

9 minutes ago, BarnzFM said:

Club needs to manage the people abusing the concessions tickets, amount of 20-50 year olds coming through the turnstiles and it buzzing blue (concessions) was amazing, may that’s the reason they want kids up in the gods, so they can manage or better 

This is a major problem, the club are getting ripped off by loads of fans, anyone who thinks this isn’t happening should have a look next game.

2 minutes ago, zombie said:

This is a major problem, the club are getting ripped off by loads of fans, anyone who thinks this isn’t happening should have a look next game.

To be honest that just indicates to me that people either don't have the money or have found a cheaper alternative, and are happy to use it. OR, they feel so disconnected from the higher ups running the club that they aren't bothered by taking more revenue off them.

Perhaps that paragraph was a bit clunky, but if the club would offer more competitive/reasonable prices, then people would be more than happy to pay "properly".

6 minutes ago, zombie said:

People want a better stadium, with better facilities, watching better players, who are signed for and are on big money and they want it done in a sustainable manner, but who pays for this? I’m annoyed that the beer has gone up down there and at my local, yet I still drink at both and understand the business and economics behind it, it isn’t always down to greed.

I will be waiting for the outcome of the meeting and probably won’t renew until the last minute. 

I like a beer too - but I can't remember a time it went up by 15% a pint or that a glass of squash DOUBLED in price!

The revenue from the redeveloped AG is MASSIVE. It's in use every single day. Conferences, Weddings, Charity Balls etc etc it is a juggernaut now in terms of revenue. Add into that the Boxes, Coroprates and other Hospitality options and you have for the actual games themselves and i simply cannot see that the rises we are being asked to pay are justifiable. Not in any way. 

32 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

To be honest that just indicates to me that people either don't have the money or have found a cheaper alternative, and are happy to use it. OR, they feel so disconnected from the higher ups running the club that they aren't bothered by taking more revenue off them.

Perhaps that paragraph was a bit clunky, but if the club would offer more competitive/reasonable prices, then people would be more than happy to pay "properly".

I agree about the disconnect, if people feel the club are taking £ off them, then they may £ take back in the form of not purchasing appropriate tickets and going through on a blue light. It’s wrong, but I’ve witnessed how easy it is, if the club can stomp this out then they’ll make/save more than enough and we won’t be the on the end of another increase for a few years.

31 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I like a beer too - but I can't remember a time it went up by 15% a pint or that a glass of squash DOUBLED in price!

The revenue from the redeveloped AG is MASSIVE. It's in use every single day. Conferences, Weddings, Charity Balls etc etc it is a juggernaut now in terms of revenue. Add into that the Boxes, Coroprates and other Hospitality options and you have for the actual games themselves and i simply cannot see that the rises we are being asked to pay are justifiable. Not in any way. 

True, the severity of the increase was extreme, had it been gradually phased in then they probably wouldn’t have got the reaction they have.

Not sure how much AG makes on a daily/weekly basis, hopefully it has significantly increased, I assume the wage bill has gone up as has other spending. Ideally we’ll be close to breaking even. I want us to continue to be able to buy quality players at reasonable prices and produces a few of our own, Bobby and Joe are making money invested in the academy/training ground look well spent. Even our big signings like Bakes and Fam at nearly £10m look good buys. Hopefully some of the speculative signings like Gus and TM transpire to be decent punts too, if they don’t then hopefully they aren’t too costly losses, although I like the strategy of punting on these young unknowns, only takes one success to pay for several more. Wonder what Josh is worth now?

Anyway, back to work, got to earn some ticket money!

Thing is, our spend on season tickets doesn't seem to have much bearing on market conditions such a transfer fees or wages.

If 15,000 season tickets were sold at an average price of £450 that would generate six and three quarters million. Bump that up to an average of £500 And the fifteen thousand season tickets would generate seven and a half mil.

Yes. Lots of money; but still less than the bid SC had accepted for Gayle and less than JK went to Villa for.

So even with my over estimations of average ticket prices, our money isn't going to make us competitive in the transfer market, it leaves us just somewhat remote from the club - a single player could well cost more to sign than our collective spend yet the club want to out obstacles to limit where people might want to sit and also raise prices to a point where people are questioning if the spend can be justified.

This doesn't sit comfortably with me. Maybe it's just modern football.

Archived