IGNORED

all-inclusive loyalty scheme

StGeorge

Following feedback from the Fan Advisory Network (FAN), PLUS membership has been disbanded in favour of the all-inclusive loyalty scheme

So, Plus membership and my 20% discount has been disbanded in favour of what? Come on FAN or whatever you are, please elucidate

6 hours ago, StGeorge said:

Following feedback from the Fan Advisory Network (FAN), PLUS membership has been disbanded in favour of the all-inclusive loyalty scheme

So, Plus membership and my 20% discount has been disbanded in favour of what? Come on FAN or whatever you are, please elucidate

Thought it was strange they didn’t mention what this actually was before releasing the info. Guessing it’ll be made public by the time next Monday comes around. 

Just a hunch because it's an industry I work in, but a number of football clubs (Villa one of the biggest recently) have turned their season tickets into prepaid cards which you load with funds and then get loyalty automatically applied when you spend in the ground. This is already very prevalent in places like Germany. For City it would have the advantage of speeding up concessions (no cash handling) and give them data on everyones spending, while allowing everyone to get loyalty applied instantly. 

I have no specific inside knowledge here but when I hear language like "all inclusive" I just get the impression it will be something that EVERYONE gets the advantage of, and business logic says the only reason for you to introduce it to everyone (higher discounting) would be to benefit your own efficiencies / costs / volume of sales. And that would be by enforcing a blanket scheme where everyone uses the same method of tender and everyone gets loyalty discounts automatically. That's my bet. 

37 minutes ago, Olé said:

Just a hunch because it's an industry I work in, but a number of football clubs (Villa one of the biggest recently) have turned their season tickets into prepaid cards which you load with funds and then get loyalty automatically applied when you spend in the ground. This is already very prevalent in places like Germany. For City it would have the advantage of speeding up concessions (no cash handling) and give them data on everyones spending, while allowing everyone to get loyalty applied instantly. 

I have no specific inside knowledge here but when I hear language like "all inclusive" I just get the impression it will be something that EVERYONE gets the advantage of, and business logic says the only reason for you to introduce it to everyone (higher discounting) would be to benefit your own efficiencies / costs / volume of sales. And that would be by enforcing a blanket scheme where everyone uses the same method of tender and everyone gets loyalty discounts automatically. That's my bet. 

Sounds probable and efficient. 

Load pre-paid funds on to your season card and get a free 15% top up of those funds. 

Let’s hope that it’s something sensible like this and not “food vouchers” for all..! 

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I’m taking all-inclusive to mean ‘help yourselves to Yorkies and Bovril’. I reckon I can get my £25 admin fee back on day one. 

Apparently Swansea we’re giving out free tea and coffee at their match last night. A nice gesture and good publicity, But I wouldn’t hold out much hope for your Bovril, never mind a Yorkie. :disapointed2se:

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

Apparently Swansea we’re giving out free tea and coffee at their match last night. A nice gesture and good publicity, But I wouldn’t hold out much hope for your Bovril, never mind a Yorkie. :disapointed2se:

The way this club manages PR they’d probably spray you with cold water as a thank you for braving the sub zero temperature!

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

The way this club manages PR they’d probably spray you with cold water as a thank you for braving the sub zero temperature!

And then charge us for the matchday experience, ‘have an icy bath like the players’. Don’t give ‘em ideas. 

7 minutes ago, I'm Sparti-Bob said:

It all depends on how the club define the word 'loyalty'. Does it mean our time served turning up at games and actually supporting the club, or is it simply a measure of how much £ we spend while we're there?

Probably the second one knowing Bristol Sport FC, but we'll see.

Could it have something to do with buying/linking away tickets or even cup tickets? For example a "plus" member would have got tickets for Man City regardless, whereas someone who wasn't a plus member but went to most away games (or even the earlier rounds of that cup) may not have got one?

Be interesting what it is, as it must be some sort of upgrade - hope so anyway...

1 hour ago, wood_red said:

Could it have something to do with buying/linking away tickets or even cup tickets? For example a "plus" member would have got tickets for Man City regardless, whereas someone who wasn't a plus member but went to most away games (or even the earlier rounds of that cup) may not have got one?

Be interesting what it is, as it must be some sort of upgrade - hope so anyway...

I heard that too....:whistle: :P

2 hours ago, I'm Sparti-Bob said:

It all depends on how the club define the word 'loyalty'. Does it mean our time served turning up at games and actually supporting the club, or is it simply a measure of how much £ we spend while we're there?

2 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Probably the second one knowing Bristol Sport FC, but we'll see.

Obviously the second one, which is fine. 

I really do wish that they’d introduce some sort of accumulating discount for each continuous year that anyone renews their season ticket. Although that would kind of get wiped out with any increases, such as next season. Surely in would encourage renewal if you got, say, 5% discount when you renew, each year, so after 5 years, you get 25% discount, 10% years 50% and so on. OR for everyone who renews for say 10/15 years on the trot, give them their 10th/15th Years tick free. 

Something like that would be a great gesture and maybe sway a few who are undecided, if they’ve had a season ticket for 5/6/7 years. 

2 hours ago, wood_red said:

It will be spun as an upgrade you can count on that but will it be ? I doubt it, this is the sort of organisation that does not bat an eyelid at raising a kids seat price 400%

1 hour ago, tts_city said:

It will be spun as an upgrade you can count on that but will it be ? I doubt it, this is the sort of organisation that does not bat an eyelid at raising a kids seat price 400%

Yep, you don't get to be a billionaire by pussy-footing around. It's no surprise the hard headed, ruthless business practices applied at Hargreaves Lansdown are now surfacing at BCFC.  

11 hours ago, wood_red said:

Think it is this together with how much you spend in City Shop, Coffee shop etc

14 hours ago, RedM said:

A single box of 240 PG Tips would have sufficed, looking at the crowd. 

13 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I only buy tea pre match. 

MK Don's three years ago £1.50

Millenium Wales v Scotland £1.60

BCFC with 20% discount £2.00

BCFC full price £2.50

We're being shafted! 

£2.50 for tea! I don't drink it so wouldn't know, but £2.50 for a teabag in some hot water is taking the piss!

This could be a real double-whammy for me on top of my 17% increase in Dolman Central. 

This current season I have a joint City/Bris ticket - so £430 for City & £262 for Bris which, after the 10% dual-sport discount was just over £620. 

On top of that I get 20% Dual Season Ticket discount at all concessions, the shop etc. 

This is going to have to be some scheme to get anywhere near this level! 

23 hours ago, RedM said:

Yes, a nice gesture to home fans only..

It didn’t apply to the Wednesday fans, apparently.

Not like the Welsh to only look after their own, is it..

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Yes, a nice gesture to home fans only..

It didn’t apply to the Wednesday fans, apparently.

Not like the Welsh to only look after their own, is it..

I did wonder if they would do the nice thing and offer it to the away fans too, or someone from Wigan should have made the gesture. I expected this from Cardiff, but surely Swansea have more class

I’m wondering if it’s still like this on Tuesday if our club will step in with a free cuppa away at Preston.... I guess I better take enough money to look after myself :laughcont:

8 hours ago, RedM said:

I did wonder if they would do the nice thing and offer it to the away fans too, or someone from Wigan should have made the gesture. I expected this from Cardiff, but surely Swansea have more class

I’m wondering if it’s still like this on Tuesday if our club will step in with a free cuppa away at Preston.... I guess I better take enough money to look after myself :laughcont:

Fair play if Wigan had done it, that would have been exceptionally generous!

Still no news on what this entails. Not very transparent by the club. As a current season plus member, my worry is this loyalty scheme will be inferior for the perks I currently enjoy, such as advanced away tickets opportunities and 15% discount. Of course, I'm only likely to find this out AFTER I renew. 

Archived